Is Kareena Kapoor Repenting on Her Prior Movie Rejections?
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 14, 2014 6:20 PM EST
Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor seems to be having a good re-think over the choice of her films after delivering a spate of box office duds.
Kapoor is known to have declined major films in her movie career which invariably paved way to some major heroines in the industry. The actress has a long list of rejected films which eventually turned out as blockbusters like "Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai", "Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam", "Kal Ho Naa Ho", "Fashion", "Chennai Express", "Ramleela", "Bol Bachchan" and even the critically acclaimed "Black".
While the 33-year-old actress has always stated that she has no regrets of her past decisions, but we feel the actress is now having serious thoughts as she revealed recently that she is looking for meaningful and interesting scripts.
"I am not too kicked by the scripts that I am reading. I want to work with directors who have something new to offer. I am very keen to work with Sanjay Leela Bhansali .We've come this close to working together a number of times. But now, I think we seriously need to get down to it," told Kapoor to DNA.
"I've done it all. I want to work only in films that have something unusual to offer," stressed the actress further.
Kapoor's sudden change of stance makes us wonder whether she has taken director Anurag Kashyap's advice seriously. The "Gangs of Wasseypur" director had advised the "Heroine" actress on "Koffee with Karan" to consider the film's scripts rather than the star cast and production house while choosing a project in future.
With a recent line of consecutive flops, it seems that the gorgeous diva has taken serious note to the director's advice. In an earlier interview, she was even recorded thanking Kashyap for his valuable wise words.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak: Chrome Stormtrooper Commander and Trooper May Guard The New Villain
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown