Is this the Cutest Argument Ever? 3-year-old Mateo Argues with Mom Demanding Cupcakes [VIDEO]
By Ankita Mehta | March 14, 2014 5:56 PM EST
A video of a three-year-old boy arguing with his mother Linda over cupcakes has gone viral on social networking sites.
3-year-old Mateo Argues with Mom Demanding Cupcakes
The three-year-old Matthew Beltran, who is also called as Mateo, has become an Internet sensation after a video featuring him went viral online.
The two-minute-36-second video was posted on YouTube by Mateo's mother on 19 February and within three weeks it has received more than 2.8 million views.
In the video Mateo is seen arguing and debating with his mother for having cupcakes for dinner.
"Linda listen to me, listen to me dude..." the toddler starts his argument and gives valid points to his mom as to why he should be allowed to have cupcakes.
Mateo, who calls his mother by her first name, says "Linda listen, listen, listen Linda," when she tries to turn down his argument.
Linda works as a customer support representative for UberConferenceBlog. During an interview with the company's website she explained about Mateo arguments and why he calls her by the first name.
"If Mateo feels the need and has a valid argument, he will be sure to voice it. He felt he didn't need to eat dinner since he already had lunch, and that cupcakes were a suitable compromise," she told in an interview with UberConferenceBlog.
When asked why he calls her Linda, to which she replied "This summer we went on a family trip to a theme park. We came across a lost boy, who could not for the life of him tell us his name or parents' names. We felt horrible, and as we handed him over to park staff we realized we'd never really told our boys what our names were- they only knew us as Mommy and Daddy. We didn't want them to ever be in the same situation and not know our names, so we taught them, and they quickly learned. This made Mateo feel a little empowered."
"For the most part we are still Mommy and Daddy, but when he is serious and wants to make sure we are paying attention, we quickly become Linda and Kenneth."
Mateo has become so popular that the 86th Annual Academy Host Ellen DeGeneres wants him on her show.
"I want this little boy to come to my show immediately. I want to retain him as my lawyer," DeGeneres tweeted with the video.
Apparently, Linda wanted her son Mateo to go on a conference call with DeGeneres. And now there is a possibility that Mateo along with Linda will soon appear on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show".
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies