'The Fall' Season 2 Spoilers: Jamie Dornan & Gillian Anderson Returns for Darker Season, Alan Cubitt's Directorial Debut
By Riza Ornos | March 14, 2014 5:31 PM EST
Now that filming of "The Fall" season 2 officially begins, leads stars Jamie Dornan and Gillian Anderson is promising a thrilling and darker season. Playing the elusive senior police inspector Stella Gibson, Anderson is thrilled to back on the set of BBC Two's series and to continue her hunt for Paul Spector.
Fifty Shades of Grey: Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan Share First Kiss on Film Set
Played by "Fifty Shades of Grey" actor, Paul Spector is once again taunting and provoking Gibson as the cat and mouse chase begins in season 2. Now his character is getting more destructive and psychologically dangerous that chase and the puzzles are getting more elaborate.
"I'm over the moon to be back in production with this team again and to step into the shoes of the elusive Stella for what promises to be an even darker second season," revealed the former "X-Files" star.
The Northern Irish lad also revealed his excitement of getting back on "The Fall" set now that the series is introducing a new director. "I'm delighted to be back in production for the second series of The Fall. Allan Cubitt has outdone himself and the scripts are stunning," says the 31-year-old actor.
British actress Bronagh Waugh will reprise her role as Paul Spector's wife and Jim Burns will reprise his role as Assistant Chief Constable. BBC also confirmed the series creator Alan Cubitt will take over the director's seat after Flemish director Jacob Verbruggen's departure.
"I'm incredibly pleased to be back in Belfast working with producer Julian Stevens and so many of the original crew who made series one of The Fall such a pleasure to work on," says series creator Alan Cubitt. "As writer/director I will be relying on them even more this time. I'm incredibly grateful to the BBC for allowing me this opportunity and the chance to continue my working partnership with Gub Neal of the Artists Studio."
"The Fall" season 2 is Cubitt's directorial debut and actress Gillian Anderson is the show's executive producer. The confirmed cast includes Archie Panjabi, Gerard McCarthy, Emmet J. Scanlan and John Lynch.
"We were delighted with the response to series one and can't wait to unleash Allan Cubitt's superb new scripts on the audience," says head of drama for BBC Northern Ireland, Stephen Wright.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage