'The Fall' Season 2 Spoilers: Jamie Dornan & Gillian Anderson Returns for Darker Season, Alan Cubitt's Directorial Debut
By Riza Ornos | March 14, 2014 5:31 PM EST
Now that filming of "The Fall" season 2 officially begins, leads stars Jamie Dornan and Gillian Anderson is promising a thrilling and darker season. Playing the elusive senior police inspector Stella Gibson, Anderson is thrilled to back on the set of BBC Two's series and to continue her hunt for Paul Spector.
Fifty Shades of Grey: Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan Share First Kiss on Film Set
Played by "Fifty Shades of Grey" actor, Paul Spector is once again taunting and provoking Gibson as the cat and mouse chase begins in season 2. Now his character is getting more destructive and psychologically dangerous that chase and the puzzles are getting more elaborate.
"I'm over the moon to be back in production with this team again and to step into the shoes of the elusive Stella for what promises to be an even darker second season," revealed the former "X-Files" star.
The Northern Irish lad also revealed his excitement of getting back on "The Fall" set now that the series is introducing a new director. "I'm delighted to be back in production for the second series of The Fall. Allan Cubitt has outdone himself and the scripts are stunning," says the 31-year-old actor.
British actress Bronagh Waugh will reprise her role as Paul Spector's wife and Jim Burns will reprise his role as Assistant Chief Constable. BBC also confirmed the series creator Alan Cubitt will take over the director's seat after Flemish director Jacob Verbruggen's departure.
"I'm incredibly pleased to be back in Belfast working with producer Julian Stevens and so many of the original crew who made series one of The Fall such a pleasure to work on," says series creator Alan Cubitt. "As writer/director I will be relying on them even more this time. I'm incredibly grateful to the BBC for allowing me this opportunity and the chance to continue my working partnership with Gub Neal of the Artists Studio."
"The Fall" season 2 is Cubitt's directorial debut and actress Gillian Anderson is the show's executive producer. The confirmed cast includes Archie Panjabi, Gerard McCarthy, Emmet J. Scanlan and John Lynch.
"We were delighted with the response to series one and can't wait to unleash Allan Cubitt's superb new scripts on the audience," says head of drama for BBC Northern Ireland, Stephen Wright.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight