'The Fall' Season 2 Spoilers: Jamie Dornan & Gillian Anderson Returns for Darker Season, Alan Cubitt's Directorial Debut
By Riza Ornos | March 14, 2014 5:31 PM EST
Now that filming of "The Fall" season 2 officially begins, leads stars Jamie Dornan and Gillian Anderson is promising a thrilling and darker season. Playing the elusive senior police inspector Stella Gibson, Anderson is thrilled to back on the set of BBC Two's series and to continue her hunt for Paul Spector.
Fifty Shades of Grey: Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan Share First Kiss on Film Set
Played by "Fifty Shades of Grey" actor, Paul Spector is once again taunting and provoking Gibson as the cat and mouse chase begins in season 2. Now his character is getting more destructive and psychologically dangerous that chase and the puzzles are getting more elaborate.
"I'm over the moon to be back in production with this team again and to step into the shoes of the elusive Stella for what promises to be an even darker second season," revealed the former "X-Files" star.
The Northern Irish lad also revealed his excitement of getting back on "The Fall" set now that the series is introducing a new director. "I'm delighted to be back in production for the second series of The Fall. Allan Cubitt has outdone himself and the scripts are stunning," says the 31-year-old actor.
British actress Bronagh Waugh will reprise her role as Paul Spector's wife and Jim Burns will reprise his role as Assistant Chief Constable. BBC also confirmed the series creator Alan Cubitt will take over the director's seat after Flemish director Jacob Verbruggen's departure.
"I'm incredibly pleased to be back in Belfast working with producer Julian Stevens and so many of the original crew who made series one of The Fall such a pleasure to work on," says series creator Alan Cubitt. "As writer/director I will be relying on them even more this time. I'm incredibly grateful to the BBC for allowing me this opportunity and the chance to continue my working partnership with Gub Neal of the Artists Studio."
"The Fall" season 2 is Cubitt's directorial debut and actress Gillian Anderson is the show's executive producer. The confirmed cast includes Archie Panjabi, Gerard McCarthy, Emmet J. Scanlan and John Lynch.
"We were delighted with the response to series one and can't wait to unleash Allan Cubitt's superb new scripts on the audience," says head of drama for BBC Northern Ireland, Stephen Wright.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast