Cheltenham Festival 2014 Where to Watch Live: Final Day, Including Cheltenham Gold Cup Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | March 14, 2014 4:36 PM EST
The Cheltenham Festival 2014 heads into its fourth and final day with Bobs Worth looking to complete a second straight Cheltenham Gold Cup victory.
Bobs Worth cruised to a Gold Cup win by seven lengths last year and will start the 2014 race as the favourite.
"You always forget that Bobs Worth is there because he's such a reliable, lovely horse and I've always said that," trainer Nicky Henderson said. "He never knows when to give up."
Paul Nicholls-trained Silviniaco Conti, who fell at the race last year, has been installed as the second favourite, and is expected to give Bobs Worth, to be ridden by in-form jockey Barry Geraghty, a run for his money.
"Bobs Worth was the best horse last year," Henderson added. "Silviniaco Conti did fall when you would have to say he would have been first or second.
"He's [Silviniaco Conti] been in great form this year, so he would almost certainly be the horse I'd be the most frightened of and I think the one plus we do have is that the Cheltenham hill plays to Bobs strengths."
Last Installment is the third favourite for the Gold Cup, with the horse allowed to run despite trainer Philip Fenton facing charges for possessing anabolic steroids and other banned substances. The nine-year-old's participation on Friday, however, hinges on the track conditions.
"He [Last Instalment] has obviously been held up with injury, but I love the horse and I'd be very fearful of him," Geraghty said. "He jumps, he travels, and he's a big, strong horse. He's a Denman/Kicking King-type model -- he's a big beast."
Seven races are again scheduled for the final day of the festival on Friday starting with the JCB Triumph Hurdle at 1.30 pm GMT which will be followed by The Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle Race at 2.05 pm.
The Albert Bartlett Novices' race is scheduled for a 2.40 pm start with the feature event -- The Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup Steeple Chase -- following at 3.20 pm.
The CGA Foxhunter Steeple Chase Challenge Cup and The Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle Race are scheduled for 4 pm and 4.40 pm respectively with The Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Steeple Chase Challenge Cup finishing the festival.
Where to Watch Live
The Cheltenham Festival opening day is scheduled for a 1.30 pm GMT (7 pm IST, 8.30 am ET) start with live coverage on Channel 4. The broadcaster will begin their coverage from the morning and viewers in the UK can catch the action via live streaming online HERE or HERE. Racing UK is also an option to catch the action live online for UK and international viewers with the live streaming link HERE.
The racing will also be shown on BetFred TV at their stations, while the YouTube page with all the previews can be viewed HERE. The Cheltenham TV link is available HERE, with the radio link HERE (viewers can listen to the action online within five miles of the race course). Viewers can listen to the action via radio courtesy BBC Radio 5 Live HERE.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected