Cheltenham Festival 2014 Where to Watch Live: Final Day, Including Cheltenham Gold Cup Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | March 14, 2014 4:36 PM EST
The Cheltenham Festival 2014 heads into its fourth and final day with Bobs Worth looking to complete a second straight Cheltenham Gold Cup victory.
Bobs Worth cruised to a Gold Cup win by seven lengths last year and will start the 2014 race as the favourite.
"You always forget that Bobs Worth is there because he's such a reliable, lovely horse and I've always said that," trainer Nicky Henderson said. "He never knows when to give up."
Paul Nicholls-trained Silviniaco Conti, who fell at the race last year, has been installed as the second favourite, and is expected to give Bobs Worth, to be ridden by in-form jockey Barry Geraghty, a run for his money.
"Bobs Worth was the best horse last year," Henderson added. "Silviniaco Conti did fall when you would have to say he would have been first or second.
"He's [Silviniaco Conti] been in great form this year, so he would almost certainly be the horse I'd be the most frightened of and I think the one plus we do have is that the Cheltenham hill plays to Bobs strengths."
Last Installment is the third favourite for the Gold Cup, with the horse allowed to run despite trainer Philip Fenton facing charges for possessing anabolic steroids and other banned substances. The nine-year-old's participation on Friday, however, hinges on the track conditions.
"He [Last Instalment] has obviously been held up with injury, but I love the horse and I'd be very fearful of him," Geraghty said. "He jumps, he travels, and he's a big, strong horse. He's a Denman/Kicking King-type model -- he's a big beast."
Seven races are again scheduled for the final day of the festival on Friday starting with the JCB Triumph Hurdle at 1.30 pm GMT which will be followed by The Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle Race at 2.05 pm.
The Albert Bartlett Novices' race is scheduled for a 2.40 pm start with the feature event -- The Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup Steeple Chase -- following at 3.20 pm.
The CGA Foxhunter Steeple Chase Challenge Cup and The Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle Race are scheduled for 4 pm and 4.40 pm respectively with The Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Steeple Chase Challenge Cup finishing the festival.
Where to Watch Live
The Cheltenham Festival opening day is scheduled for a 1.30 pm GMT (7 pm IST, 8.30 am ET) start with live coverage on Channel 4. The broadcaster will begin their coverage from the morning and viewers in the UK can catch the action via live streaming online HERE or HERE. Racing UK is also an option to catch the action live online for UK and international viewers with the live streaming link HERE.
The racing will also be shown on BetFred TV at their stations, while the YouTube page with all the previews can be viewed HERE. The Cheltenham TV link is available HERE, with the radio link HERE (viewers can listen to the action online within five miles of the race course). Viewers can listen to the action via radio courtesy BBC Radio 5 Live HERE.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family