Cheltenham Festival 2014 Where to Watch Live: Final Day, Including Cheltenham Gold Cup Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | March 14, 2014 4:36 PM EST
The Cheltenham Festival 2014 heads into its fourth and final day with Bobs Worth looking to complete a second straight Cheltenham Gold Cup victory.
Bobs Worth cruised to a Gold Cup win by seven lengths last year and will start the 2014 race as the favourite.
"You always forget that Bobs Worth is there because he's such a reliable, lovely horse and I've always said that," trainer Nicky Henderson said. "He never knows when to give up."
Paul Nicholls-trained Silviniaco Conti, who fell at the race last year, has been installed as the second favourite, and is expected to give Bobs Worth, to be ridden by in-form jockey Barry Geraghty, a run for his money.
"Bobs Worth was the best horse last year," Henderson added. "Silviniaco Conti did fall when you would have to say he would have been first or second.
"He's [Silviniaco Conti] been in great form this year, so he would almost certainly be the horse I'd be the most frightened of and I think the one plus we do have is that the Cheltenham hill plays to Bobs strengths."
Last Installment is the third favourite for the Gold Cup, with the horse allowed to run despite trainer Philip Fenton facing charges for possessing anabolic steroids and other banned substances. The nine-year-old's participation on Friday, however, hinges on the track conditions.
"He [Last Instalment] has obviously been held up with injury, but I love the horse and I'd be very fearful of him," Geraghty said. "He jumps, he travels, and he's a big, strong horse. He's a Denman/Kicking King-type model -- he's a big beast."
Seven races are again scheduled for the final day of the festival on Friday starting with the JCB Triumph Hurdle at 1.30 pm GMT which will be followed by The Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle Race at 2.05 pm.
The Albert Bartlett Novices' race is scheduled for a 2.40 pm start with the feature event -- The Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup Steeple Chase -- following at 3.20 pm.
The CGA Foxhunter Steeple Chase Challenge Cup and The Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle Race are scheduled for 4 pm and 4.40 pm respectively with The Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Steeple Chase Challenge Cup finishing the festival.
Where to Watch Live
The Cheltenham Festival opening day is scheduled for a 1.30 pm GMT (7 pm IST, 8.30 am ET) start with live coverage on Channel 4. The broadcaster will begin their coverage from the morning and viewers in the UK can catch the action via live streaming online HERE or HERE. Racing UK is also an option to catch the action live online for UK and international viewers with the live streaming link HERE.
The racing will also be shown on BetFred TV at their stations, while the YouTube page with all the previews can be viewed HERE. The Cheltenham TV link is available HERE, with the radio link HERE (viewers can listen to the action online within five miles of the race course). Viewers can listen to the action via radio courtesy BBC Radio 5 Live HERE.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers