UFO Sighting: Witness Reported to MUFON Database a 'Glowing Vertical Cylinder' Spotted in Arizona
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 14, 2014 3:26 PM EST
In Arizona, an unnamed witness filed a report in the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) database about a UFO sighting in Sahuarita that happened on Wednesday, March 12. The witness recounted in the report that a "glowing vertical cylinder" appeared at about 6:05 am with rays of light coming from the unidentified flying object.
According to the Examiner report, the Arizon UFO sighting has been listed as Case No. 54651 in the MUFON database. The witness shared the sighting happened in the backyard with the anticipation that the UFO will return after seeing twice in 2012 and last March 10, Monday, filed as MUFON Case No. 54564.
The witness' details on the UFO sighting in the March 12 MUFON report reads: "The object came from the west, no evidence of an engine, wings, nose, tail or rotors. It's a vertical cylinder shape with what I can only describe as rays of light poking out of it. It moved silently and smoothly at approximately 15 mph."
The witness noted about how the UFO changed direction from east to northeast during the sighting. "I was able to finally take a picture but the camera was reading the background as black and the object turned out small. I am unable to transmit the picture since I am using an iPad, but could email it to someone through my husband's computer if there's any interest," the witness added.
After the sighting, the witness is still hoping to see the glowing object again and capture a good image or video of it as proof. "As the object moved further away to the northeast it got smaller due to the distance and then it just disappeared. I am hoping that it will come back maybe one more time but since its behavior is exactly like my sightings two years ago, I doubt that will happen, but I will be ready with the camera!" the witness stated in the MUFON report.
Currently, Arizona has the UFO Alert Rating of 5 with a low number of recent reports nationally. The Washington Post report claims Arizona, who had 6 UFO reports in February 2014, has the "highest instances of unidentified flying object sightings per capita in the nation."
Usually, there are 4.05 people per 100,000 Arizonans claiming that they have seen some kind of UFO with sphere as the most common shape of the object spotted. However, Arizona had a lower spot in the list of total numbers of UFO sightings with California taking the top spot with Texas next and then Florida.
More Articles to Read:
UFO Sightings: Research Organization's Study in Canada Reveal Number of UFO Sightings Remain High - [READ]
2014 Comet Sighting: European Southern Observatory Released First Image of the ESA Rosetta Spacecraft Target Comet, 67/P Churyumov-Gerasimenko - [READ]
2014 Celestial Events: Bright Star Regulus Occultation to Take Place on March 20 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2