UFO Sighting: Witness Reported to MUFON Database a 'Glowing Vertical Cylinder' Spotted in Arizona
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 14, 2014 3:26 PM EST
In Arizona, an unnamed witness filed a report in the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) database about a UFO sighting in Sahuarita that happened on Wednesday, March 12. The witness recounted in the report that a "glowing vertical cylinder" appeared at about 6:05 am with rays of light coming from the unidentified flying object.
According to the Examiner report, the Arizon UFO sighting has been listed as Case No. 54651 in the MUFON database. The witness shared the sighting happened in the backyard with the anticipation that the UFO will return after seeing twice in 2012 and last March 10, Monday, filed as MUFON Case No. 54564.
The witness' details on the UFO sighting in the March 12 MUFON report reads: "The object came from the west, no evidence of an engine, wings, nose, tail or rotors. It's a vertical cylinder shape with what I can only describe as rays of light poking out of it. It moved silently and smoothly at approximately 15 mph."
The witness noted about how the UFO changed direction from east to northeast during the sighting. "I was able to finally take a picture but the camera was reading the background as black and the object turned out small. I am unable to transmit the picture since I am using an iPad, but could email it to someone through my husband's computer if there's any interest," the witness added.
After the sighting, the witness is still hoping to see the glowing object again and capture a good image or video of it as proof. "As the object moved further away to the northeast it got smaller due to the distance and then it just disappeared. I am hoping that it will come back maybe one more time but since its behavior is exactly like my sightings two years ago, I doubt that will happen, but I will be ready with the camera!" the witness stated in the MUFON report.
Currently, Arizona has the UFO Alert Rating of 5 with a low number of recent reports nationally. The Washington Post report claims Arizona, who had 6 UFO reports in February 2014, has the "highest instances of unidentified flying object sightings per capita in the nation."
Usually, there are 4.05 people per 100,000 Arizonans claiming that they have seen some kind of UFO with sphere as the most common shape of the object spotted. However, Arizona had a lower spot in the list of total numbers of UFO sightings with California taking the top spot with Texas next and then Florida.
More Articles to Read:
UFO Sightings: Research Organization's Study in Canada Reveal Number of UFO Sightings Remain High - [READ]
2014 Comet Sighting: European Southern Observatory Released First Image of the ESA Rosetta Spacecraft Target Comet, 67/P Churyumov-Gerasimenko - [READ]
2014 Celestial Events: Bright Star Regulus Occultation to Take Place on March 20 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- Asylum Seeker Women in Australia-Run Christmas Island Attempt Suicide in Desperation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon