Android 4.4.2 Moto X Guide: AT&T Release and More
By Precious Silva | March 14, 2014 3:16 PM EST
Moto X users will no longer have to wait to update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Last March 11, reports about soak test invites were released for AT&T Moto X. Come March 12, the update has been approved under AT&T. What can Moto X users across expect? What changes and important steps do users need to note?
Different colored examples of Motorola's new Moto X phones rest on a table at a launch event in New York, August 1, 2013.
Previously, carriers like US Cellular, T-Mobile and Sprint have already rolled out the Android 4.4.2 update to their respective subscribers. This time, AT&T joins the pack. Just like other updates related to the Android 4.4, the Android 4.4.2 changelog appears to bring a few minor changes. The company has not issued a changelog though analysts think it will be same as the ones found on Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon.
In the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Moto X, Motorola has changed the performance of the phone dialer application. It also provided enhancements to syncing email attachments, on-device security as well as connectivity when roaming. People can also expect better battery life. However, despite the aim to improve the battery life, some users of other carriers still complain about battery life problems.
Motorola and Verizon provided ISIS Mobile Wallet improvements as well.
The soak started last March 12 and according to reports, if everything goes well, people should expect the update roll out this weekend. If the update will not roll out this weekend then it will be early next week. Following the Moto X update, there should be updates for DROID Maxx, DROID Mini, and DROID Ultra soon. People will have to wait for Motorola's official announcement.
According to Verizon, changelog for the Moto X Android 4.4.2 update are as follows:
- Data stability and data stall have been improved for 3G and 4G LTE connectivity
- Audio fading during voice calls has been fixed
- MMS messaging issue in which the thread goes blank has been fixed
- Option to attach downloaded files via email has been fixed
- Sky Detection has been improved to lighten dynamic scenes
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) has been tuned to fire more frequently
- Viewfinder has been improved for more consistent exposure.
People should see similar changes to the Moto X under AT&T.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast