‘Breaking Bad’ Stars Aaron Paul & Bryan Cranston Reunited in 'Need for Speed' Premiere
By Riza Ornos | March 14, 2014 3:05 PM EST
After five explosive seasons of "Breaking Bad," Emmy-award winner Aaron Paul is ready to break bad in the big screen with his upcoming movie "Need for Speed." The happily married actor was overwhelmed to see his "Breaking Bad" co-star Bryan Cranston during the red carpet premiere of his new movie.
Aaron Paul kisses the Emmy award for outstanding supporting actor for a drama series for his role in "Breaking Bad" at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles
Cranston who is currently playing U.S. president Lyndon Baines Johnson went out to the Cinema Society's "Need for Speed" event just to support his long-time friend. The 58-year-old actor is sporting a silver hair for his character which amuses Paul.
The two actor have been busy after they wrapped up the fifth and the final season of "Breaking Bad." Cranston is performing in Broadway play "All the Way," while Paul will be seen next in Ridley Scott's Biblical epic "Exodus."
After winning various awards for his portrayal of Jesse Pinkman, Aaron has been invited to do a cameo for FX "Sons of Anarchy." He also expressed his interest to reprise his role in "Breaking Bad" for its sequel "Better Call Saul."
Paul plays an ex-con street racer in Scot Waugh's "Need for Speed," but the actor wasn't very keen t do the movie and "didn't even want to read the script." "I saw the script and I was like, ' Oh no, another video game movie'," revealed the actor in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter.
Paul's co-star Ramon Rodriguez was also skeptical when he was offered for the role but immediately changed his mind after reading the script. The actor also revealed that he doesn't want to do another video game adaptation.
"It took everything in me to turn the first page and once I turned the first page, I kept turning. I was so surprised that it had a great human story behind it and great characters that I found myself instantly invested in," says Rodriguez in an interview posted on The Independent.
"Need for Speed" is scheduled to be released by Touchstone Pictures on March 14, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage