‘Breaking Bad’ Stars Aaron Paul & Bryan Cranston Reunited in 'Need for Speed' Premiere
By Riza Ornos | March 14, 2014 3:05 PM EST
After five explosive seasons of "Breaking Bad," Emmy-award winner Aaron Paul is ready to break bad in the big screen with his upcoming movie "Need for Speed." The happily married actor was overwhelmed to see his "Breaking Bad" co-star Bryan Cranston during the red carpet premiere of his new movie.
Aaron Paul kisses the Emmy award for outstanding supporting actor for a drama series for his role in "Breaking Bad" at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles
Cranston who is currently playing U.S. president Lyndon Baines Johnson went out to the Cinema Society's "Need for Speed" event just to support his long-time friend. The 58-year-old actor is sporting a silver hair for his character which amuses Paul.
The two actor have been busy after they wrapped up the fifth and the final season of "Breaking Bad." Cranston is performing in Broadway play "All the Way," while Paul will be seen next in Ridley Scott's Biblical epic "Exodus."
After winning various awards for his portrayal of Jesse Pinkman, Aaron has been invited to do a cameo for FX "Sons of Anarchy." He also expressed his interest to reprise his role in "Breaking Bad" for its sequel "Better Call Saul."
Paul plays an ex-con street racer in Scot Waugh's "Need for Speed," but the actor wasn't very keen t do the movie and "didn't even want to read the script." "I saw the script and I was like, ' Oh no, another video game movie'," revealed the actor in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter.
Paul's co-star Ramon Rodriguez was also skeptical when he was offered for the role but immediately changed his mind after reading the script. The actor also revealed that he doesn't want to do another video game adaptation.
"It took everything in me to turn the first page and once I turned the first page, I kept turning. I was so surprised that it had a great human story behind it and great characters that I found myself instantly invested in," says Rodriguez in an interview posted on The Independent.
"Need for Speed" is scheduled to be released by Touchstone Pictures on March 14, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff