Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Shows Phenomenal Growth; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Poor
By Ankita Mehta | March 14, 2014 2:58 PM EST
Kangana Ranaut and Rajkumar Rao starrer "Queen" has showed phenomenal growth in its business. Unlike other films, the business of the film has shown upward trend during weekdays.
The collection of the film on Tuesday was slightly better than Monday, but on Wednesday it showed phenomenal growth.
On Monday the film raked in ₹2.05 crore, on Tuesday the earnings increased by around 10 percent and raked in ₹2.15 crore. But on Wednesday (sixth day) the business grew up by 15 percent and fetched around ₹2.30 crore.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.15 cr, Wed 2.30 cr. Total: ₹ 16.50 cr nett. PHENOMENAL GROWTH IN BIZ," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Not only in India, but also in international markets, "Queen" has witnessed excellent growth in its income.
Here is each day's data of the film from the UAE-GCC and Singapore market as tweeted by Adarsh.
"#Queen - UAE [AED]: Thu 28,941, Fri 74,413, Sat 74,055, Sun 43,005, Mon 50,732, Tue 56,247, Wed 66,795. AWESOME!"
"#Queen - GCC [AED]: Thu 385, Fri 4,515, Sat 3,430, Sun 3,497, Mon 5,574, Tue 6,858. Tues is higher than all days. WOW!"
"#Queen - Singapore [SGD; daily 1 midnight show]: Sat 2,948, Sun 3,400, Tue 1,449, Wed 1,518. Opens wide this Fri."
"Queen" has proved that a film can manage to pull off at the box office with good content and without a big star.
Meanwhile, the other two films "Total Siyapaa" and "Gulaab Gang", which were released along with "Queen," are far behind in the box office race.
Though "Gulaab Gang" received mixed reviews, Madhuri Dixit Nene and Juhi Chawla starrer failed to impress the audiences.
On the other hand, "Total Siyapaa" has turned out to be a disaster. The earnings of the film remained constantly on the lower side. In six days, the romantic comedy film managed to rake in only ₹5.41 crore.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs, Tue 44 lacs, Wed 40 lacs. Total: ₹ 5.41 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh tweeted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional