Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Shows Phenomenal Growth; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Poor
By Ankita Mehta | March 14, 2014 2:58 PM EST
Kangana Ranaut and Rajkumar Rao starrer "Queen" has showed phenomenal growth in its business. Unlike other films, the business of the film has shown upward trend during weekdays.
The collection of the film on Tuesday was slightly better than Monday, but on Wednesday it showed phenomenal growth.
On Monday the film raked in ₹2.05 crore, on Tuesday the earnings increased by around 10 percent and raked in ₹2.15 crore. But on Wednesday (sixth day) the business grew up by 15 percent and fetched around ₹2.30 crore.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.15 cr, Wed 2.30 cr. Total: ₹ 16.50 cr nett. PHENOMENAL GROWTH IN BIZ," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Not only in India, but also in international markets, "Queen" has witnessed excellent growth in its income.
Here is each day's data of the film from the UAE-GCC and Singapore market as tweeted by Adarsh.
"#Queen - UAE [AED]: Thu 28,941, Fri 74,413, Sat 74,055, Sun 43,005, Mon 50,732, Tue 56,247, Wed 66,795. AWESOME!"
"#Queen - GCC [AED]: Thu 385, Fri 4,515, Sat 3,430, Sun 3,497, Mon 5,574, Tue 6,858. Tues is higher than all days. WOW!"
"#Queen - Singapore [SGD; daily 1 midnight show]: Sat 2,948, Sun 3,400, Tue 1,449, Wed 1,518. Opens wide this Fri."
"Queen" has proved that a film can manage to pull off at the box office with good content and without a big star.
Meanwhile, the other two films "Total Siyapaa" and "Gulaab Gang", which were released along with "Queen," are far behind in the box office race.
Though "Gulaab Gang" received mixed reviews, Madhuri Dixit Nene and Juhi Chawla starrer failed to impress the audiences.
On the other hand, "Total Siyapaa" has turned out to be a disaster. The earnings of the film remained constantly on the lower side. In six days, the romantic comedy film managed to rake in only ₹5.41 crore.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs, Tue 44 lacs, Wed 40 lacs. Total: ₹ 5.41 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh tweeted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage