Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Shows Phenomenal Growth; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Poor
By Ankita Mehta | March 14, 2014 2:58 PM EST
Kangana Ranaut and Rajkumar Rao starrer "Queen" has showed phenomenal growth in its business. Unlike other films, the business of the film has shown upward trend during weekdays.
The collection of the film on Tuesday was slightly better than Monday, but on Wednesday it showed phenomenal growth.
On Monday the film raked in ₹2.05 crore, on Tuesday the earnings increased by around 10 percent and raked in ₹2.15 crore. But on Wednesday (sixth day) the business grew up by 15 percent and fetched around ₹2.30 crore.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.15 cr, Wed 2.30 cr. Total: ₹ 16.50 cr nett. PHENOMENAL GROWTH IN BIZ," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Not only in India, but also in international markets, "Queen" has witnessed excellent growth in its income.
Here is each day's data of the film from the UAE-GCC and Singapore market as tweeted by Adarsh.
"#Queen - UAE [AED]: Thu 28,941, Fri 74,413, Sat 74,055, Sun 43,005, Mon 50,732, Tue 56,247, Wed 66,795. AWESOME!"
"#Queen - GCC [AED]: Thu 385, Fri 4,515, Sat 3,430, Sun 3,497, Mon 5,574, Tue 6,858. Tues is higher than all days. WOW!"
"#Queen - Singapore [SGD; daily 1 midnight show]: Sat 2,948, Sun 3,400, Tue 1,449, Wed 1,518. Opens wide this Fri."
"Queen" has proved that a film can manage to pull off at the box office with good content and without a big star.
Meanwhile, the other two films "Total Siyapaa" and "Gulaab Gang", which were released along with "Queen," are far behind in the box office race.
Though "Gulaab Gang" received mixed reviews, Madhuri Dixit Nene and Juhi Chawla starrer failed to impress the audiences.
On the other hand, "Total Siyapaa" has turned out to be a disaster. The earnings of the film remained constantly on the lower side. In six days, the romantic comedy film managed to rake in only ₹5.41 crore.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs, Tue 44 lacs, Wed 40 lacs. Total: ₹ 5.41 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh tweeted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast