Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Shows Phenomenal Growth; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Poor
By Ankita Mehta | March 14, 2014 2:58 PM EST
Kangana Ranaut and Rajkumar Rao starrer "Queen" has showed phenomenal growth in its business. Unlike other films, the business of the film has shown upward trend during weekdays.
The collection of the film on Tuesday was slightly better than Monday, but on Wednesday it showed phenomenal growth.
On Monday the film raked in ₹2.05 crore, on Tuesday the earnings increased by around 10 percent and raked in ₹2.15 crore. But on Wednesday (sixth day) the business grew up by 15 percent and fetched around ₹2.30 crore.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.15 cr, Wed 2.30 cr. Total: ₹ 16.50 cr nett. PHENOMENAL GROWTH IN BIZ," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Not only in India, but also in international markets, "Queen" has witnessed excellent growth in its income.
Here is each day's data of the film from the UAE-GCC and Singapore market as tweeted by Adarsh.
"#Queen - UAE [AED]: Thu 28,941, Fri 74,413, Sat 74,055, Sun 43,005, Mon 50,732, Tue 56,247, Wed 66,795. AWESOME!"
"#Queen - GCC [AED]: Thu 385, Fri 4,515, Sat 3,430, Sun 3,497, Mon 5,574, Tue 6,858. Tues is higher than all days. WOW!"
"#Queen - Singapore [SGD; daily 1 midnight show]: Sat 2,948, Sun 3,400, Tue 1,449, Wed 1,518. Opens wide this Fri."
"Queen" has proved that a film can manage to pull off at the box office with good content and without a big star.
Meanwhile, the other two films "Total Siyapaa" and "Gulaab Gang", which were released along with "Queen," are far behind in the box office race.
Though "Gulaab Gang" received mixed reviews, Madhuri Dixit Nene and Juhi Chawla starrer failed to impress the audiences.
On the other hand, "Total Siyapaa" has turned out to be a disaster. The earnings of the film remained constantly on the lower side. In six days, the romantic comedy film managed to rake in only ₹5.41 crore.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs, Tue 44 lacs, Wed 40 lacs. Total: ₹ 5.41 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh tweeted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes