Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Shows Phenomenal Growth; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Poor
By Ankita Mehta | March 14, 2014 2:58 PM EST
Kangana Ranaut and Rajkumar Rao starrer "Queen" has showed phenomenal growth in its business. Unlike other films, the business of the film has shown upward trend during weekdays.
The collection of the film on Tuesday was slightly better than Monday, but on Wednesday it showed phenomenal growth.
On Monday the film raked in ₹2.05 crore, on Tuesday the earnings increased by around 10 percent and raked in ₹2.15 crore. But on Wednesday (sixth day) the business grew up by 15 percent and fetched around ₹2.30 crore.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.15 cr, Wed 2.30 cr. Total: ₹ 16.50 cr nett. PHENOMENAL GROWTH IN BIZ," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Not only in India, but also in international markets, "Queen" has witnessed excellent growth in its income.
Here is each day's data of the film from the UAE-GCC and Singapore market as tweeted by Adarsh.
"#Queen - UAE [AED]: Thu 28,941, Fri 74,413, Sat 74,055, Sun 43,005, Mon 50,732, Tue 56,247, Wed 66,795. AWESOME!"
"#Queen - GCC [AED]: Thu 385, Fri 4,515, Sat 3,430, Sun 3,497, Mon 5,574, Tue 6,858. Tues is higher than all days. WOW!"
"#Queen - Singapore [SGD; daily 1 midnight show]: Sat 2,948, Sun 3,400, Tue 1,449, Wed 1,518. Opens wide this Fri."
"Queen" has proved that a film can manage to pull off at the box office with good content and without a big star.
Meanwhile, the other two films "Total Siyapaa" and "Gulaab Gang", which were released along with "Queen," are far behind in the box office race.
Though "Gulaab Gang" received mixed reviews, Madhuri Dixit Nene and Juhi Chawla starrer failed to impress the audiences.
On the other hand, "Total Siyapaa" has turned out to be a disaster. The earnings of the film remained constantly on the lower side. In six days, the romantic comedy film managed to rake in only ₹5.41 crore.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs, Tue 44 lacs, Wed 40 lacs. Total: ₹ 5.41 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh tweeted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales