Must Watch: Strangers Sharing 'First Kiss' in a Youtube Video Goes Viral [See Video]
By jaskiran kaur | March 14, 2014 1:37 PM EST
What happens when absolute strangers are asked to kiss each other for the first time? Filmmaker Tatia Pilieva tells you exactly what happened when she asked few strangers to share a "First Kiss" and filmed it. Three and half minute video of 20 strangers paired up to share a "First Kiss" has gone viral and has become the talk of the town.
Ever since Tatia Pilieva released her shot film entitled "First Kiss" on video sharing Web site Youtube.com, the video has gone viral. The video became an internet sensation and swirled around on social media, being widely circulated on Facebook and Twitter. Viewers all around the world raved how beautifully the video captures something as awkward as the "First Kiss" between strangers.
The YouTube viral video has been praised by several media outlets. While Gizmodo calls it "really beautiful," Time says "It was Strangely Beautiful" and Huffpost describes it as "A Beautiful Thing." Viral video 'First Kiss' has been shot in gray scale and features 20 awkward and nervous strangers from diverse backgrounds. The video showcases gay pairs, straight pairs, young and old pairs. They begin with an uneasy kiss which turns into a passionate one. The video also has a beautiful soundtrack playing in the background called "We Might Be Dead by Tomorrow" by SOKO.
However, what was thought to be a social experiment turns out to be an advert created for the promotion of a fall collection of a clothing line catering to women called Wren. Slate notes that the video featuring strangers are mostly "professional performers." The cast includes models like Natalia Bonifacci, Ingrid Schram, and Langley Fox, musicians Z Berg of "The Like," Damian Kulash of "OK Go," Justin Kennedy of "Army Navy," singer Nicole Simone, and singer-actress Soko. Some others in the act are actors Karim Saleh, Matthew Carey, Jill Larson, Corby Griesenbeck, Elisabetta Tedla, Luke Cook, and Marianna Palka, according to the reports.
MTV reports that according to Melissa Coker the fashion designer and the woman behind the video "Everyone was a volunteer". She said even though viral video "Fist Kiss" has actors in it "everything that you see is 100 percent authentic and real and exactly as how the video explains it."
"First Kiss" was posted on YouTube March 10, 2014 by filmmaker Tatia Pilieva and garnered more than 43, 202, 000 views by Thursday. Watch the video that has gone viral and has become quite an internet sensation, below:
Video: FIRST KISS
CREDIT: Youtube.com/ Tatia Pllieva
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports