Tiger Wood Faces $1.3 Million Civil Case
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 14, 2014 12:45 PM EST
Tiger Woods could be draining out his pockets because the company that Tiger Woods owns is reportedly facing a civil case that could make the golfer pay to the complainant a massive $1.3 million for the damages including interest incurred.
Tiger Woods is hoping to win his first major championship in five years.
A report by the Miami Herald said that Tiger Woods has breached an agreement with Gotta Have it Golf Inc. that entails the golfer providing a required number of his autographs and pictures. According to the president of the said company Mr. Bruce Matthews, Woods breached the contract in 2001.
The jury consisting of six females favoured the complainant's claim and has ordered Woods to pay as much as $1.3 million. The total amount of damages is only $668,000. It is the incurred interest that had caused the fee to surge so high since the claim allegedly happened 13 years ago.
In addition, Matthews' company is also trying to get the money that he had spent to pay for attorney's fees amounting to $1 million. Woods is expected to file for an appeal anytime soon.
The news Web site further reported that Woods appeared in court on March 10 after he was subpoenaed. The 38-year-old golfer came after playing for the WGC-Cadillac Championship where he finished tied for 25th. Eric Isicoff, who represents Mr. Matthews, said that the manners of Woods' company was unacceptable and they couldn't be happier with the jury's verdict.
Woods last competed in the WGC-Cadillac Championship. His next tournament will be on March 20 for the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Up to date, Woods has a total winnings of $86,919. It sure won't be enough to compensate and pay off the damages of Mr. Matthews' claim.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown