Tiger Wood Faces $1.3 Million Civil Case
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 14, 2014 12:45 PM EST
Tiger Woods could be draining out his pockets because the company that Tiger Woods owns is reportedly facing a civil case that could make the golfer pay to the complainant a massive $1.3 million for the damages including interest incurred.
Tiger Woods is hoping to win his first major championship in five years.
A report by the Miami Herald said that Tiger Woods has breached an agreement with Gotta Have it Golf Inc. that entails the golfer providing a required number of his autographs and pictures. According to the president of the said company Mr. Bruce Matthews, Woods breached the contract in 2001.
The jury consisting of six females favoured the complainant's claim and has ordered Woods to pay as much as $1.3 million. The total amount of damages is only $668,000. It is the incurred interest that had caused the fee to surge so high since the claim allegedly happened 13 years ago.
In addition, Matthews' company is also trying to get the money that he had spent to pay for attorney's fees amounting to $1 million. Woods is expected to file for an appeal anytime soon.
The news Web site further reported that Woods appeared in court on March 10 after he was subpoenaed. The 38-year-old golfer came after playing for the WGC-Cadillac Championship where he finished tied for 25th. Eric Isicoff, who represents Mr. Matthews, said that the manners of Woods' company was unacceptable and they couldn't be happier with the jury's verdict.
Woods last competed in the WGC-Cadillac Championship. His next tournament will be on March 20 for the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Up to date, Woods has a total winnings of $86,919. It sure won't be enough to compensate and pay off the damages of Mr. Matthews' claim.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Details of John Travolta’s Gay Relationship w/ Pilot to be Heard in Court
- 600 Videos Show Babies Raped by 32-year-old Home Carer
- AU’s Anti-Piracy Law is a Hollywood’s Wish List Coming True
- ACT Court Finds Former Parliament Speaker Peter Slipper Guilty of Dishonesty for Charging Wine Tour Cab Fare to Australian Taxpayers
- Keith Urban’s Concert Sends Dozens of Fans in Hospital Over Alcohol-Related Issues
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga