Datsun Go Hatchback Coming to India on 19 March
By greeshma m | March 13, 2014 11:47 PM EST
Datsun Go hatchback bookings open In India.
The Go hatchback, the much-hyped and desired offering from the Dastun brand, made its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo. The car's production started last month at the company's Oragadam facility in Tamil Nadu, and Nissan has also started accepting pre-orders for its budget car, with an advance payment of ₹11,000.
Under the hood, the Go hatchback comes with 1.2-litre petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 74bhp and a torque of 104Nm. It is mated to a five-speed manual transmission and the car is based on the Nissan's Micra platform. The company claims a fuel efficiency of 20.6 kmpl for the car. It measures 3,785 mm in length, 1,635 mm in width, 1,485 mm in height and has a a wheelbase of 2,450 mm. The car will hit the market in white, silver, red and blue colour variants.
Previous reports suggested the company will start the delivery of the vehicle in the domestic market before the launch (15 March). Datsun Go will be pitted against some of India's best-selling cars like Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Alto K10 and the Hyundai Eon, and is expected to fall in the sub ₹4-lakh price range. The entry-level model of Datsun Go is expected to be priced at ₹3 lakh and the top-end variant is likely to come at a price of ₹3.8 lakh.
Nissan, which has been operating in India through their country partner Hover Automotive, will now market its brand in India on its own. Currently the automaker has 117 dealerships across India and is eying to increase it to 350 in the next three years. Go hatchback is the Datsun's first offering after the revival of the brand.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks