Datsun Go Hatchback Coming to India on 19 March
By greeshma m | March 13, 2014 11:47 PM EST
Datsun Go hatchback bookings open In India.
The Go hatchback, the much-hyped and desired offering from the Dastun brand, made its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo. The car's production started last month at the company's Oragadam facility in Tamil Nadu, and Nissan has also started accepting pre-orders for its budget car, with an advance payment of ₹11,000.
Under the hood, the Go hatchback comes with 1.2-litre petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 74bhp and a torque of 104Nm. It is mated to a five-speed manual transmission and the car is based on the Nissan's Micra platform. The company claims a fuel efficiency of 20.6 kmpl for the car. It measures 3,785 mm in length, 1,635 mm in width, 1,485 mm in height and has a a wheelbase of 2,450 mm. The car will hit the market in white, silver, red and blue colour variants.
Previous reports suggested the company will start the delivery of the vehicle in the domestic market before the launch (15 March). Datsun Go will be pitted against some of India's best-selling cars like Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Alto K10 and the Hyundai Eon, and is expected to fall in the sub ₹4-lakh price range. The entry-level model of Datsun Go is expected to be priced at ₹3 lakh and the top-end variant is likely to come at a price of ₹3.8 lakh.
Nissan, which has been operating in India through their country partner Hover Automotive, will now market its brand in India on its own. Currently the automaker has 117 dealerships across India and is eying to increase it to 350 in the next three years. Go hatchback is the Datsun's first offering after the revival of the brand.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales