'Lungi Dance' Could Have Been as Big a Hit as 'Gangnam Style', Says Displeased Honey Singh
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 13, 2014 8:04 PM EST
Popular rapper Honey Singh has expressed his disapproval over his superhit track "Lungi Dance" from "Chennai Express".
Singh's "Lungi Dance", released last year as a tribute to Rajinikanth, garnered immense response and became one of the top raking album charts of the year.
SRK and Yo Yo Honey Singh perform on Lungi Dance for Temptation Reloaded 2014 Malaysia (Varinder Chawla)
But Singh, who recently shot with Amitabh Bachchan for "Bhoothnath Returns," has now revealed that the item number was changed distinctly from its original composition. The singer now claims that if the track had been unaltered, it could have fetched a global recognition on the lines of Psy's record-shattering "Gangnam Style".
"My song "Lungi Dance" had the potential to go global in a big way. It could have become a rage just like "Gangnam Style," but then the makers of the film ("Chennai Express") had a different plan for it. Finally, it did not shape up the way I had envisioned it. With what I had in mind, I wanted to show the goras (whites) that our music is not just Bollywood. There is more to our music," Singh told to India Today.
With the explicit statement, it appears that the 29-year-old singer has indirectly traded blame towards the "Chennai Express" makers for restricting his creativity. And it only makes us wonder how Shah Rukh Khan reacts to the singer's allegation.
Meanwhile the "Angreji Beat" singer is on a roll. After successfully collaborating with SRK, he paired with Bachchan recently and will soon be seen teaming up with Ranbir Kapoor for his upcoming "Roy".
Apart from this, Singh is also making a foray into acting alongside Himesh Reshamiya in "The Xpose", where he is expected to be seen in a negative role.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate