'Lungi Dance' Could Have Been as Big a Hit as 'Gangnam Style', Says Displeased Honey Singh
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 13, 2014 8:04 PM EST
Popular rapper Honey Singh has expressed his disapproval over his superhit track "Lungi Dance" from "Chennai Express".
Singh's "Lungi Dance", released last year as a tribute to Rajinikanth, garnered immense response and became one of the top raking album charts of the year.
SRK and Yo Yo Honey Singh perform on Lungi Dance for Temptation Reloaded 2014 Malaysia (Varinder Chawla)
But Singh, who recently shot with Amitabh Bachchan for "Bhoothnath Returns," has now revealed that the item number was changed distinctly from its original composition. The singer now claims that if the track had been unaltered, it could have fetched a global recognition on the lines of Psy's record-shattering "Gangnam Style".
"My song "Lungi Dance" had the potential to go global in a big way. It could have become a rage just like "Gangnam Style," but then the makers of the film ("Chennai Express") had a different plan for it. Finally, it did not shape up the way I had envisioned it. With what I had in mind, I wanted to show the goras (whites) that our music is not just Bollywood. There is more to our music," Singh told to India Today.
With the explicit statement, it appears that the 29-year-old singer has indirectly traded blame towards the "Chennai Express" makers for restricting his creativity. And it only makes us wonder how Shah Rukh Khan reacts to the singer's allegation.
Meanwhile the "Angreji Beat" singer is on a roll. After successfully collaborating with SRK, he paired with Bachchan recently and will soon be seen teaming up with Ranbir Kapoor for his upcoming "Roy".
Apart from this, Singh is also making a foray into acting alongside Himesh Reshamiya in "The Xpose", where he is expected to be seen in a negative role.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine