Swans Will Feel Content if Lance Kicks Four
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 13, 2014 7:55 PM EST
Sydney Swans Defender Ted Richards said the team will be happy if Lance could end up with four-goal against Greater Western Sydney Giants.
Lance Franklin, a.k.a. Buddy in the forward position, suffered a problem with his quadriceps, which made him stay kaput for part of pre-season. He also was unable to make an influence in Sydney's pre-season matches. He continued without scoring a goal and had accomplished six touches in the first hitout against West Coast.
But Franklin kicked a couple of goals in the last pre-season game held against Brisbane. Owing his knee injury, Buddy was pulled off from the field in second half. He is again expected to play on March 15.
Richards said, "For a NAB Cup game, I think there was some nerves there for him."
He added, "Getting off to a new team, he wants to get off to a good start".
"It's really good to see that no matter how long he's played, he's still got those butterflies and he'll be wanting to start the year on a good note."
When Richards was further asked about his expectation from Franklin, he noted, "I hope so, unfortunately he was only limited to half a game last week."
"But in that he kicked two freakish goals in just a half, so going by that we'd be happy if he kicked four."
The Swans appeared for the first training session on Thursday at the Spotless Stadium, which will host the first Sydney Derby this weekend.
Richards noted, "It seems like everything's perfect. We warmed up in the changing rooms downstairs and all the facilities down there are great."
An experienced footballer, Franklin plays in center half-forward position. He was associated with Hawthorn Football Club for nine seasons from 2005 to 2013.
He was also awarded the Peter Crimmins Medal in 2008.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation