Swans Will Feel Content if Lance Kicks Four
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 13, 2014 7:55 PM EST
Sydney Swans Defender Ted Richards said the team will be happy if Lance could end up with four-goal against Greater Western Sydney Giants.
Lance Franklin, a.k.a. Buddy in the forward position, suffered a problem with his quadriceps, which made him stay kaput for part of pre-season. He also was unable to make an influence in Sydney's pre-season matches. He continued without scoring a goal and had accomplished six touches in the first hitout against West Coast.
But Franklin kicked a couple of goals in the last pre-season game held against Brisbane. Owing his knee injury, Buddy was pulled off from the field in second half. He is again expected to play on March 15.
Richards said, "For a NAB Cup game, I think there was some nerves there for him."
He added, "Getting off to a new team, he wants to get off to a good start".
"It's really good to see that no matter how long he's played, he's still got those butterflies and he'll be wanting to start the year on a good note."
When Richards was further asked about his expectation from Franklin, he noted, "I hope so, unfortunately he was only limited to half a game last week."
"But in that he kicked two freakish goals in just a half, so going by that we'd be happy if he kicked four."
The Swans appeared for the first training session on Thursday at the Spotless Stadium, which will host the first Sydney Derby this weekend.
Richards noted, "It seems like everything's perfect. We warmed up in the changing rooms downstairs and all the facilities down there are great."
An experienced footballer, Franklin plays in center half-forward position. He was associated with Hawthorn Football Club for nine seasons from 2005 to 2013.
He was also awarded the Peter Crimmins Medal in 2008.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools