‘House of Cards’ Season 3 Update: Premiere Date, Filming to Begin in Few Months; Is Doug Alive?
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 13, 2014 7:45 PM EST
In "House of Cards" Season 2, Frank Underwood finally achieved what he had set out to achieve. He became the President of United States. If Season 1 and Season 2 chronicled his steady rise to the top, the Season 3 is likely to feature his stratagems to stay at the top, and his moves to annihilate opponents and threats.
It was confirmed in February that Netflix has ordered Season 3 of "House of Cards." The filming is expected to begin in a few months, as the writing is still going on. According to reports, there might be a delay in the premiere of Season 3, as the production was originally planned to begin in early spring.
Deadline had reported that the production of "House of Cards" Season 3 has been put on hold until mid-June. The production team is waiting for the outcome of two separate bills in the Maryland Legislature. Deadline reports that the bills would "ensure another season of lucrative state tax breaks for the political drama."
In a Q & A session on Twitter, Beau Willimon said: "We are still writing Season 3. Will start filming in a few months." Kevin Spacey, Robin Wright, Michael Kelly, Rachel Brosnahan, Constance Zimmer and Sebastian Arcelus also joined Willimon on Twitter for this Q & A session.
When asked if his character Lucas will be ever heard again, Sebastian Arcelus said on Twitter: "Lucas knows what he knows. But we'll all have to wait for an exciting upcoming Season 3 to see what's in store."
In Season 2, Rachel Posner repeatedly hits Doug, Frank Underwood's trusted aide, with a brick, killing him in the woods. Then she drives off in Doug's car. Rachel might emerge as a big threat to Underwood in the new season.
Doug was shown dead, but Rachel Brosnahan, who plays Rachel Posner, said to Entertainment Weekly that it is not yet certain that Doug is dead. The actress said: "I don't think we know that he's dead yet. It cuts so quickly. I don't think we can say for sure that Stamper is dead."
Posner added that prior to filming, "Michael [Kelly] and I had some conversations [about the ending moments]. He's very upset with me! It was some tough, crazy scenes in the woods, but I don't think I've ever worked with an actor that is so kind and positive all the time. Michael's amazing. He can't be dead!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots