AC/DC Rocker Philip Rudd Ordered To Pay Restaurant Staff $72K For Unfair Dismissal
By Anne Lu | March 13, 2014 6:51 PM EST
AC/DC drummer Philip Rudd has been ordered to pay three of his restaurant employees $72,000 for unfairly dismissing them. Alice Kiwa, Janelle Kiwa, and Hayden Clark filed a case with the Employment Relations Authority after they were fired from Phil’s Place.
According to the suit, an altercation involving Rudd, the owner of the Tauranga Marina restaurant, and the employees took place on July 18, 2012.
Rudd entered his restaurant and asked for an antipasto platter to be delivered to his boat. But communication confusion with his security guard had sent another waitress to deliver the meal to his aircraft hanger rather than to his boat.
The rocker then went back to the restaurant, kicking back the door to should, “Where is my f****** meal.”
Alice, Janelle, and Clark then tried to explained the mix-up, but Rudd didn’t want to hear their excuse, yelling at them, “You’re all f****** useless.” He told them they were fired before he kicked the rubbish bin and left the restaurant.
Clark, the chef who was paid on salary, was asked by the manager not to leave as there were customers in the restaurant. However, he was escorted out of the premises.
Alice and Janelle were both paid hourly wages.
According to 3 News, Rudd arranged for his accountant to the employees for his behaviour two days later. The accountant told them that the restaurant would close for winter and they had no jobs.
Rudd only apologised in person 18 months later.
ERA member Tania Tetitaha ruled that the three complainants were permanent employees of the restaurant because of their work history, adding that they were unjustifiably dismissed. They were said to have variously suffered from depression, been made homeless, and subjected to false accusations of theft.
She ordered Rudd to pay each of them $15,000 compensation, as well as thousands of dollars in lost wages.
The AC/DC rocker was also ordered to pay the trio’s legal costs of $8500. His total bill amounted to $72,600.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display