Floyd Mayweather Orders Brutal Beating of Two of His Former Employees: Will his Fight With Marcos Maidana be Cancelled?
By Sonalee singh | March 13, 2014 6:28 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather Jr. is facing charges for allegedly beating and kidnapping two of his former employees who he suspected for stealing his jewelry. The two men who had been reportedly beaten up have filed charges against the veteran boxer.
According to Hollywoodlife, a source close to the boxer revealed that the, "Two men had been hired to work on Floyd's Vegas homes, but when jewelry went missing Floyd pointed the finger at them."
Now the victims are claiming that were called by Floyd's aide a few weeks ago and were asked to meet the boxer at an undisclosed location. The men further said that after the arrival Floyd's men beat them up with various weapons and the boxer was apparently present at the scene.
TMZ Sports further reported that the men were beaten so brutally that they could have easily succumbed to injuries. Later the two victims were hospitalized for broken arms and legs.
Floyd's fans are shocked by this incident as no concrete evidence has surfaced regarding the men's involvement in the theft. The men have maintained that they did not steal anything from the boxer's house while they were working for him.
The incident has brought Floyd Mayweather under fire and sources suggest that the brutal attack may lead to charges of attempt to murder, beating and kidnapping. Moreover this could prove fatal for Mayweather's career.
Mayweather (45-0, 26 knockouts) said last month that his next fight will be against WBA welterweight slugger Marcos Maidana on May 3 and it will be aired on Showtime Pay-Per-View.
The boxer also took to social media to announce that the fight will take place at the MGM Grand in Vegas
However, with the current legal situation it seems that the fight may not take place as the boxer can be detained. Let us know your thoughts on this gory incident. Do you think Floyd Mayweather was right in beating up two men whom he suspected as jewelry thieves?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James