Floyd Mayweather Orders Brutal Beating of Two of His Former Employees: Will his Fight With Marcos Maidana be Cancelled?
By Sonalee singh | March 13, 2014 6:28 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather Jr. is facing charges for allegedly beating and kidnapping two of his former employees who he suspected for stealing his jewelry. The two men who had been reportedly beaten up have filed charges against the veteran boxer.
According to Hollywoodlife, a source close to the boxer revealed that the, "Two men had been hired to work on Floyd's Vegas homes, but when jewelry went missing Floyd pointed the finger at them."
Now the victims are claiming that were called by Floyd's aide a few weeks ago and were asked to meet the boxer at an undisclosed location. The men further said that after the arrival Floyd's men beat them up with various weapons and the boxer was apparently present at the scene.
TMZ Sports further reported that the men were beaten so brutally that they could have easily succumbed to injuries. Later the two victims were hospitalized for broken arms and legs.
Floyd's fans are shocked by this incident as no concrete evidence has surfaced regarding the men's involvement in the theft. The men have maintained that they did not steal anything from the boxer's house while they were working for him.
The incident has brought Floyd Mayweather under fire and sources suggest that the brutal attack may lead to charges of attempt to murder, beating and kidnapping. Moreover this could prove fatal for Mayweather's career.
Mayweather (45-0, 26 knockouts) said last month that his next fight will be against WBA welterweight slugger Marcos Maidana on May 3 and it will be aired on Showtime Pay-Per-View.
The boxer also took to social media to announce that the fight will take place at the MGM Grand in Vegas
However, with the current legal situation it seems that the fight may not take place as the boxer can be detained. Let us know your thoughts on this gory incident. Do you think Floyd Mayweather was right in beating up two men whom he suspected as jewelry thieves?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop