Floyd Mayweather Orders Brutal Beating of Two of His Former Employees: Will his Fight With Marcos Maidana be Cancelled?
By Sonalee singh | March 13, 2014 6:28 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather Jr. is facing charges for allegedly beating and kidnapping two of his former employees who he suspected for stealing his jewelry. The two men who had been reportedly beaten up have filed charges against the veteran boxer.
According to Hollywoodlife, a source close to the boxer revealed that the, "Two men had been hired to work on Floyd's Vegas homes, but when jewelry went missing Floyd pointed the finger at them."
Now the victims are claiming that were called by Floyd's aide a few weeks ago and were asked to meet the boxer at an undisclosed location. The men further said that after the arrival Floyd's men beat them up with various weapons and the boxer was apparently present at the scene.
TMZ Sports further reported that the men were beaten so brutally that they could have easily succumbed to injuries. Later the two victims were hospitalized for broken arms and legs.
Floyd's fans are shocked by this incident as no concrete evidence has surfaced regarding the men's involvement in the theft. The men have maintained that they did not steal anything from the boxer's house while they were working for him.
The incident has brought Floyd Mayweather under fire and sources suggest that the brutal attack may lead to charges of attempt to murder, beating and kidnapping. Moreover this could prove fatal for Mayweather's career.
Mayweather (45-0, 26 knockouts) said last month that his next fight will be against WBA welterweight slugger Marcos Maidana on May 3 and it will be aired on Showtime Pay-Per-View.
The boxer also took to social media to announce that the fight will take place at the MGM Grand in Vegas
However, with the current legal situation it seems that the fight may not take place as the boxer can be detained. Let us know your thoughts on this gory incident. Do you think Floyd Mayweather was right in beating up two men whom he suspected as jewelry thieves?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans