Floyd Mayweather Orders Brutal Beating of Two of His Former Employees: Will his Fight With Marcos Maidana be Cancelled?
By Sonalee singh | March 13, 2014 6:28 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather Jr. is facing charges for allegedly beating and kidnapping two of his former employees who he suspected for stealing his jewelry. The two men who had been reportedly beaten up have filed charges against the veteran boxer.
According to Hollywoodlife, a source close to the boxer revealed that the, "Two men had been hired to work on Floyd's Vegas homes, but when jewelry went missing Floyd pointed the finger at them."
Now the victims are claiming that were called by Floyd's aide a few weeks ago and were asked to meet the boxer at an undisclosed location. The men further said that after the arrival Floyd's men beat them up with various weapons and the boxer was apparently present at the scene.
TMZ Sports further reported that the men were beaten so brutally that they could have easily succumbed to injuries. Later the two victims were hospitalized for broken arms and legs.
Floyd's fans are shocked by this incident as no concrete evidence has surfaced regarding the men's involvement in the theft. The men have maintained that they did not steal anything from the boxer's house while they were working for him.
The incident has brought Floyd Mayweather under fire and sources suggest that the brutal attack may lead to charges of attempt to murder, beating and kidnapping. Moreover this could prove fatal for Mayweather's career.
Mayweather (45-0, 26 knockouts) said last month that his next fight will be against WBA welterweight slugger Marcos Maidana on May 3 and it will be aired on Showtime Pay-Per-View.
The boxer also took to social media to announce that the fight will take place at the MGM Grand in Vegas
However, with the current legal situation it seems that the fight may not take place as the boxer can be detained. Let us know your thoughts on this gory incident. Do you think Floyd Mayweather was right in beating up two men whom he suspected as jewelry thieves?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Kate Upton And BF Detroit Tigers’ Justin Verlander Spotted Shopping Post Nude Photo Leak Scandal
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money