Radio Talk Show Hosts Blast Disney's "Frozen" for Promoting Homosexuality and Bestiality on Children
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 13, 2014 6:23 PM EST
The worldwide success of Disney's "Frozen" did not stop the film from receiving criticisms from conservatives. Generations Radio talk show co-hosts from Colorado Kevin Swanson and Steve Vaughn claims that "Frozen" indoctrinates children of homosexuality and bestiality.
Swanson and Vaughn's radio comment was inspired by film critic Steven Greydanus blog post for the National Catholic Register, a Catholic online news source. The post entitled "So, How Gay IS Disney's Frozen?" notes of Greydanus' observation of the "gay-culture" elements in "Frozen." Swanson and Vaughn used the post as reference for their radio comment though neither of them watched the animated film.
As mentioned in the NCR blog post, both commentators agreed and reiterated Elsa's-the girl with ice-powers-character of being a different from other people as she later accepted the truth that she is born that way, and celebrating her true identity belting a "coming-out song" "Let it Go." Furthermore, they also pointed out that Elsa does not show interest with a male suitor despite that she should be more preferable being the heir to the crown; thus the assumption of Elsa being "gay" came in.
"Man, how many children are taken into these things and how many Christians are taking their kids off to see the movie Frozen, produced by an organization that is probably one of the most pro-homosexual organizations in the country?" Swanson said on the radio show as quoted in Time Magazine.
The commentators claim allegations of Disney being a "pro-homosexual organization," and that the company is brewing satanic films. "I'm not a tinfoil hat conspiratorialist, but you wonder sometimes if maybe there's something very evil happening here." Swanson added.
Vaugh agreed with Swanson's statements, responding that making movies like "Frozen" can make sin look enticing.
"Frozen" recently created a buzz with Idina Menzel (Elsa's Voice) named in the Oscars by John Travolta as "Adele Dazeem. The Generations Radio talk show commentators are not only the ones who criticized that film with a Mormon woman Kathryn Skaggs accusing the film for promoting homosexuality. Despite the criticisms, "Frozen" bagged two Oscars, one for Best Animated Feature and a Best Original Song for "Let It Go."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]