Radio Talk Show Hosts Blast Disney's "Frozen" for Promoting Homosexuality and Bestiality on Children
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 13, 2014 6:23 PM EST
The worldwide success of Disney's "Frozen" did not stop the film from receiving criticisms from conservatives. Generations Radio talk show co-hosts from Colorado Kevin Swanson and Steve Vaughn claims that "Frozen" indoctrinates children of homosexuality and bestiality.
Swanson and Vaughn's radio comment was inspired by film critic Steven Greydanus blog post for the National Catholic Register, a Catholic online news source. The post entitled "So, How Gay IS Disney's Frozen?" notes of Greydanus' observation of the "gay-culture" elements in "Frozen." Swanson and Vaughn used the post as reference for their radio comment though neither of them watched the animated film.
As mentioned in the NCR blog post, both commentators agreed and reiterated Elsa's-the girl with ice-powers-character of being a different from other people as she later accepted the truth that she is born that way, and celebrating her true identity belting a "coming-out song" "Let it Go." Furthermore, they also pointed out that Elsa does not show interest with a male suitor despite that she should be more preferable being the heir to the crown; thus the assumption of Elsa being "gay" came in.
"Man, how many children are taken into these things and how many Christians are taking their kids off to see the movie Frozen, produced by an organization that is probably one of the most pro-homosexual organizations in the country?" Swanson said on the radio show as quoted in Time Magazine.
The commentators claim allegations of Disney being a "pro-homosexual organization," and that the company is brewing satanic films. "I'm not a tinfoil hat conspiratorialist, but you wonder sometimes if maybe there's something very evil happening here." Swanson added.
Vaugh agreed with Swanson's statements, responding that making movies like "Frozen" can make sin look enticing.
"Frozen" recently created a buzz with Idina Menzel (Elsa's Voice) named in the Oscars by John Travolta as "Adele Dazeem. The Generations Radio talk show commentators are not only the ones who criticized that film with a Mormon woman Kathryn Skaggs accusing the film for promoting homosexuality. Despite the criticisms, "Frozen" bagged two Oscars, one for Best Animated Feature and a Best Original Song for "Let It Go."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report