Radio Talk Show Hosts Blast Disney's "Frozen" for Promoting Homosexuality and Bestiality on Children
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 13, 2014 6:23 PM EST
The worldwide success of Disney's "Frozen" did not stop the film from receiving criticisms from conservatives. Generations Radio talk show co-hosts from Colorado Kevin Swanson and Steve Vaughn claims that "Frozen" indoctrinates children of homosexuality and bestiality.
Swanson and Vaughn's radio comment was inspired by film critic Steven Greydanus blog post for the National Catholic Register, a Catholic online news source. The post entitled "So, How Gay IS Disney's Frozen?" notes of Greydanus' observation of the "gay-culture" elements in "Frozen." Swanson and Vaughn used the post as reference for their radio comment though neither of them watched the animated film.
As mentioned in the NCR blog post, both commentators agreed and reiterated Elsa's-the girl with ice-powers-character of being a different from other people as she later accepted the truth that she is born that way, and celebrating her true identity belting a "coming-out song" "Let it Go." Furthermore, they also pointed out that Elsa does not show interest with a male suitor despite that she should be more preferable being the heir to the crown; thus the assumption of Elsa being "gay" came in.
"Man, how many children are taken into these things and how many Christians are taking their kids off to see the movie Frozen, produced by an organization that is probably one of the most pro-homosexual organizations in the country?" Swanson said on the radio show as quoted in Time Magazine.
The commentators claim allegations of Disney being a "pro-homosexual organization," and that the company is brewing satanic films. "I'm not a tinfoil hat conspiratorialist, but you wonder sometimes if maybe there's something very evil happening here." Swanson added.
Vaugh agreed with Swanson's statements, responding that making movies like "Frozen" can make sin look enticing.
"Frozen" recently created a buzz with Idina Menzel (Elsa's Voice) named in the Oscars by John Travolta as "Adele Dazeem. The Generations Radio talk show commentators are not only the ones who criticized that film with a Mormon woman Kathryn Skaggs accusing the film for promoting homosexuality. Despite the criticisms, "Frozen" bagged two Oscars, one for Best Animated Feature and a Best Original Song for "Let It Go."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown