Radio Talk Show Hosts Blast Disney's "Frozen" for Promoting Homosexuality and Bestiality on Children
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 13, 2014 6:23 PM EST
The worldwide success of Disney's "Frozen" did not stop the film from receiving criticisms from conservatives. Generations Radio talk show co-hosts from Colorado Kevin Swanson and Steve Vaughn claims that "Frozen" indoctrinates children of homosexuality and bestiality.
Swanson and Vaughn's radio comment was inspired by film critic Steven Greydanus blog post for the National Catholic Register, a Catholic online news source. The post entitled "So, How Gay IS Disney's Frozen?" notes of Greydanus' observation of the "gay-culture" elements in "Frozen." Swanson and Vaughn used the post as reference for their radio comment though neither of them watched the animated film.
As mentioned in the NCR blog post, both commentators agreed and reiterated Elsa's-the girl with ice-powers-character of being a different from other people as she later accepted the truth that she is born that way, and celebrating her true identity belting a "coming-out song" "Let it Go." Furthermore, they also pointed out that Elsa does not show interest with a male suitor despite that she should be more preferable being the heir to the crown; thus the assumption of Elsa being "gay" came in.
"Man, how many children are taken into these things and how many Christians are taking their kids off to see the movie Frozen, produced by an organization that is probably one of the most pro-homosexual organizations in the country?" Swanson said on the radio show as quoted in Time Magazine.
The commentators claim allegations of Disney being a "pro-homosexual organization," and that the company is brewing satanic films. "I'm not a tinfoil hat conspiratorialist, but you wonder sometimes if maybe there's something very evil happening here." Swanson added.
Vaugh agreed with Swanson's statements, responding that making movies like "Frozen" can make sin look enticing.
"Frozen" recently created a buzz with Idina Menzel (Elsa's Voice) named in the Oscars by John Travolta as "Adele Dazeem. The Generations Radio talk show commentators are not only the ones who criticized that film with a Mormon woman Kathryn Skaggs accusing the film for promoting homosexuality. Despite the criticisms, "Frozen" bagged two Oscars, one for Best Animated Feature and a Best Original Song for "Let It Go."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build