Radio Talk Show Hosts Blast Disney's "Frozen" for Promoting Homosexuality and Bestiality on Children
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 13, 2014 6:23 PM EST
The worldwide success of Disney's "Frozen" did not stop the film from receiving criticisms from conservatives. Generations Radio talk show co-hosts from Colorado Kevin Swanson and Steve Vaughn claims that "Frozen" indoctrinates children of homosexuality and bestiality.
Swanson and Vaughn's radio comment was inspired by film critic Steven Greydanus blog post for the National Catholic Register, a Catholic online news source. The post entitled "So, How Gay IS Disney's Frozen?" notes of Greydanus' observation of the "gay-culture" elements in "Frozen." Swanson and Vaughn used the post as reference for their radio comment though neither of them watched the animated film.
As mentioned in the NCR blog post, both commentators agreed and reiterated Elsa's-the girl with ice-powers-character of being a different from other people as she later accepted the truth that she is born that way, and celebrating her true identity belting a "coming-out song" "Let it Go." Furthermore, they also pointed out that Elsa does not show interest with a male suitor despite that she should be more preferable being the heir to the crown; thus the assumption of Elsa being "gay" came in.
"Man, how many children are taken into these things and how many Christians are taking their kids off to see the movie Frozen, produced by an organization that is probably one of the most pro-homosexual organizations in the country?" Swanson said on the radio show as quoted in Time Magazine.
The commentators claim allegations of Disney being a "pro-homosexual organization," and that the company is brewing satanic films. "I'm not a tinfoil hat conspiratorialist, but you wonder sometimes if maybe there's something very evil happening here." Swanson added.
Vaugh agreed with Swanson's statements, responding that making movies like "Frozen" can make sin look enticing.
"Frozen" recently created a buzz with Idina Menzel (Elsa's Voice) named in the Oscars by John Travolta as "Adele Dazeem. The Generations Radio talk show commentators are not only the ones who criticized that film with a Mormon woman Kathryn Skaggs accusing the film for promoting homosexuality. Despite the criticisms, "Frozen" bagged two Oscars, one for Best Animated Feature and a Best Original Song for "Let It Go."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight