FC Barcelona Centre-Back Gerard Piqué Overly Possessive With Wife Shakira, Won’t Let Her Do Music Videos with Sexy Men Anymore
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 13, 2014 6:22 PM EST
Is Shakira in a possessive relationship with Gerard Piqué? A report say that the Latina singer is being banned from doing music videos that star sexy men.
According to the Daily Mail, the FC Barcelona soccer star doesn't want sexy men cuddling his partner, which is why Shakira and Rihanna, who both collaborated in the song Can't Remember to Forget You, settled utilising their radiating sexualities for the song's music video.
Watch Shakira and Rihanna's music video below:
Video courtesy: YouTube/ShakiraVEVO
Speaking to Billboard as reported by the said the webloid, Shakira said that Piqué is defensive of his territory, especially from prowlers. "He's very territorial, and since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do it with women," Shakira said.
The 37-year-old beautiful singer said that she understands that the state of her relationship with Piqué no longer allow her to make sexy music videos with men like she used to do before, and she is definitely comfortable with it. The fact that Piqué is protecting his territory in her is something that Shakira likes because it only means that he values her.
Since Piqué doesn't want Shakira to do get involved in sexy collaborations with men, she decided to do a song with Rihanna. Shakira further explained that Piqué didn't mind her getting all raunchy and sexy with the RnB singer. In fact, she said that the only person that Piqué would ever give consent to touch her in a sexy way is Rihanna.
Shakira and Piqué started dating in 2010. She is 11 years older than him. The duo had one child named Milan who just turned one in January. Shakira and Piqué are a picture of two persons who are deeply in love with each other. They reportedly first met in 2010 when Shakira did the song "Waka Waka" for the World Cup. Piqué, who was only 23 then, even made a cameo appearance in its music video.
During an interview with Billboard for her upcoming album, Shakira said she wrote one track for Piqué titled 23, with lyrics that say "Hey, do you believe in destiny because I do as I did then, when you were only 23." Shakira dished out that the 27-year-old footballer won her heart during the World Cup after saying that he would dedicate every goal he scores for her.
A jealous and a possessive partner is different from a possessive partner who only wants to protect his lady. As for Piqué's case, like Shakira already said, he just wants to protect her and, she doesn't mind that at all because she knows she's being valued and cared for.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up