Ratings War: Can ‘Resurrection’ be as Successful as ‘The Walking Dead?’
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 13, 2014 6:03 PM EST
It looks like ABC is ready to go head on with AMC for the Sunday primetime slot. The network has been struggling in the numbers department since "Desperate Housewives" left two years ago. According to Examiner, "666 Park Avenue" and Betrayal" were aired on Sunday nights and later cancelled. However, now ABC has "Resurrection" to give competition to shows like AMC's "The Walking Dead."
According to USA Today, "Resurrection" season 1 premiere racked in 13.9 million viewers. It was the No. 2 drama premiere this season.
"Resurrection" ranked No. 6 while "The Walking Dead" was placed at No. 7 with 12.7 million viewers on Sunday.
ABC's "Resurrection" might have more viewers but in the 18-49 age group demo it got only 3.6 million viewers. "The Walking Dead" championed the 18-49 demo with 8 million viewers more than double of "Resurrection."
According to Deadline, this was the second week ABC defeated AMC in the Sunday number game.
On March 9, "Resurrection" stole the show while on March 2, the broadcast of The 86th Annual Academy Awards defeated "The Walking Dead."
Check out the week's top 20 shows, courtesy USA Today.
1. The Big Bang Theory, CBS, 18.1 million
2. NCIS, CBS, 17.9 million
3. The Voice (Monday), NBC, 15.6 million
4. The Voice (Tuesday), NBC, 14.5 million
5. NCIS: Los Angeles, CBS, 14.4 million
6. Resurrection, ABC, 13.9 million
7. The Walking Dead, AMC, 12.7 million
8. Blue Bloods, CBS, 12.0 million
9. The Millers, CBS, 11.6 million
10. Criminal Minds, CBS, 11.4 million
11. The Black List, NBC, 11.0 million
12. 60 Minutes, CBS, 10.7 million
13. Person of Interest, CBS, 10.6 million
14. American Idol (Wednesday), Fox, 10.5 million
15. Two and a Half Men, CBS, 10.4 million
16. Hawaii Five-0, CBS, 10.4 million
17. The Mentalist, CBS, 10.0 million
18. American Idol (Thursday), Fox, 9.8 million
19. Survivor, CBS, 9.6 million
20. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CBS, 9.3 million
In order to be as successful as "The Walking Dead," "Resurrection" will have to capture the audience on Twitter.
"The Walking Dead" was clearly the undisputed champion of Twitter ratings on March 9 with 307,000 tweets and 4,214,000 unique audiences.
"Resurrection" will have to up its game in the Twitter universe to beat a show like "The Walking Dead."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family