Ratings War: Can ‘Resurrection’ be as Successful as ‘The Walking Dead?’
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 13, 2014 6:03 PM EST
It looks like ABC is ready to go head on with AMC for the Sunday primetime slot. The network has been struggling in the numbers department since "Desperate Housewives" left two years ago. According to Examiner, "666 Park Avenue" and Betrayal" were aired on Sunday nights and later cancelled. However, now ABC has "Resurrection" to give competition to shows like AMC's "The Walking Dead."
According to USA Today, "Resurrection" season 1 premiere racked in 13.9 million viewers. It was the No. 2 drama premiere this season.
"Resurrection" ranked No. 6 while "The Walking Dead" was placed at No. 7 with 12.7 million viewers on Sunday.
ABC's "Resurrection" might have more viewers but in the 18-49 age group demo it got only 3.6 million viewers. "The Walking Dead" championed the 18-49 demo with 8 million viewers more than double of "Resurrection."
According to Deadline, this was the second week ABC defeated AMC in the Sunday number game.
On March 9, "Resurrection" stole the show while on March 2, the broadcast of The 86th Annual Academy Awards defeated "The Walking Dead."
Check out the week's top 20 shows, courtesy USA Today.
1. The Big Bang Theory, CBS, 18.1 million
2. NCIS, CBS, 17.9 million
3. The Voice (Monday), NBC, 15.6 million
4. The Voice (Tuesday), NBC, 14.5 million
5. NCIS: Los Angeles, CBS, 14.4 million
6. Resurrection, ABC, 13.9 million
7. The Walking Dead, AMC, 12.7 million
8. Blue Bloods, CBS, 12.0 million
9. The Millers, CBS, 11.6 million
10. Criminal Minds, CBS, 11.4 million
11. The Black List, NBC, 11.0 million
12. 60 Minutes, CBS, 10.7 million
13. Person of Interest, CBS, 10.6 million
14. American Idol (Wednesday), Fox, 10.5 million
15. Two and a Half Men, CBS, 10.4 million
16. Hawaii Five-0, CBS, 10.4 million
17. The Mentalist, CBS, 10.0 million
18. American Idol (Thursday), Fox, 9.8 million
19. Survivor, CBS, 9.6 million
20. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CBS, 9.3 million
In order to be as successful as "The Walking Dead," "Resurrection" will have to capture the audience on Twitter.
"The Walking Dead" was clearly the undisputed champion of Twitter ratings on March 9 with 307,000 tweets and 4,214,000 unique audiences.
"Resurrection" will have to up its game in the Twitter universe to beat a show like "The Walking Dead."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories