Ratings War: Can ‘Resurrection’ be as Successful as ‘The Walking Dead?’
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 13, 2014 6:03 PM EST
It looks like ABC is ready to go head on with AMC for the Sunday primetime slot. The network has been struggling in the numbers department since "Desperate Housewives" left two years ago. According to Examiner, "666 Park Avenue" and Betrayal" were aired on Sunday nights and later cancelled. However, now ABC has "Resurrection" to give competition to shows like AMC's "The Walking Dead."
According to USA Today, "Resurrection" season 1 premiere racked in 13.9 million viewers. It was the No. 2 drama premiere this season.
"Resurrection" ranked No. 6 while "The Walking Dead" was placed at No. 7 with 12.7 million viewers on Sunday.
ABC's "Resurrection" might have more viewers but in the 18-49 age group demo it got only 3.6 million viewers. "The Walking Dead" championed the 18-49 demo with 8 million viewers more than double of "Resurrection."
According to Deadline, this was the second week ABC defeated AMC in the Sunday number game.
On March 9, "Resurrection" stole the show while on March 2, the broadcast of The 86th Annual Academy Awards defeated "The Walking Dead."
Check out the week's top 20 shows, courtesy USA Today.
1. The Big Bang Theory, CBS, 18.1 million
2. NCIS, CBS, 17.9 million
3. The Voice (Monday), NBC, 15.6 million
4. The Voice (Tuesday), NBC, 14.5 million
5. NCIS: Los Angeles, CBS, 14.4 million
6. Resurrection, ABC, 13.9 million
7. The Walking Dead, AMC, 12.7 million
8. Blue Bloods, CBS, 12.0 million
9. The Millers, CBS, 11.6 million
10. Criminal Minds, CBS, 11.4 million
11. The Black List, NBC, 11.0 million
12. 60 Minutes, CBS, 10.7 million
13. Person of Interest, CBS, 10.6 million
14. American Idol (Wednesday), Fox, 10.5 million
15. Two and a Half Men, CBS, 10.4 million
16. Hawaii Five-0, CBS, 10.4 million
17. The Mentalist, CBS, 10.0 million
18. American Idol (Thursday), Fox, 9.8 million
19. Survivor, CBS, 9.6 million
20. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CBS, 9.3 million
In order to be as successful as "The Walking Dead," "Resurrection" will have to capture the audience on Twitter.
"The Walking Dead" was clearly the undisputed champion of Twitter ratings on March 9 with 307,000 tweets and 4,214,000 unique audiences.
"Resurrection" will have to up its game in the Twitter universe to beat a show like "The Walking Dead."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes