Arsenal FC Transfer News: Barcelona Target Gunners Mentor
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 13, 2014 5:49 PM EST
La Liga giants FC Barcelona are targeting Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger in an attempt to regain their status as the world's most dominant club.
Barcelona is suggested to chase Arsene Wenger's signature to replace Gerardo Martino
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues’ On-Loan Goalkeeper Dismisses Rumours Linking Him to Real Madrid, Claims It as Ploy to ‘Destabilise’ Current Club
Chelsea FC Transfer News: £40m Move for Zenit Forward who Flew to London Imminent, Says Source (Photo)
Yes, you read it right. The Catalan outfit, whose form has continually dipped following the departure of Pep Guardiola, are looking for a new ship captain who can steer the Blaugrana back to the summit of club football.
While Barca are, currently, positioned at a respectable third place in the La Liga table and has qualified for the quarter finals in the Champions League under the reign of first-year coach Gerardo "Tata" Martino, the club hierarchy are understood to be apprehensive in extending his term after suffering recent shaky defeats in the hands of Valencia, Real Sociedad, and Valladolid, respectively.
Meanwhile, Wenger, who has mentored the Gunners in the last 16 years, is reportedly at odds with the north London side's management over their transfer policy.
Arsenal's failure to hold onto their biggest stars in recent years, with the likes of Robin van Persie, Cesc Fabregas, and Samir Nasri, among others, opting to switch sides in their prime because of a perceived lack of ambition on the part of the club, was the the toughest challenge that the Frenchman had to confront at the Emirates.
However, he might not have to worry about such concern at Barcelona, given their financial superiority.
Even if "The Professor" has not lay hands on any silverware since 2005, he has gained notoriety of being able to maximise the potential of his resources, limited or otherwise, which can be the determining factor in persuading Barca to bring him in when this season ends.
Will Barca try to snatch Wenger this coming summer? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble