Arsenal FC Transfer News: Barcelona Target Gunners Mentor
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 13, 2014 5:49 PM EST
La Liga giants FC Barcelona are targeting Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger in an attempt to regain their status as the world's most dominant club.
Barcelona is suggested to chase Arsene Wenger's signature to replace Gerardo Martino
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues’ On-Loan Goalkeeper Dismisses Rumours Linking Him to Real Madrid, Claims It as Ploy to ‘Destabilise’ Current Club
Chelsea FC Transfer News: £40m Move for Zenit Forward who Flew to London Imminent, Says Source (Photo)
Yes, you read it right. The Catalan outfit, whose form has continually dipped following the departure of Pep Guardiola, are looking for a new ship captain who can steer the Blaugrana back to the summit of club football.
While Barca are, currently, positioned at a respectable third place in the La Liga table and has qualified for the quarter finals in the Champions League under the reign of first-year coach Gerardo "Tata" Martino, the club hierarchy are understood to be apprehensive in extending his term after suffering recent shaky defeats in the hands of Valencia, Real Sociedad, and Valladolid, respectively.
Meanwhile, Wenger, who has mentored the Gunners in the last 16 years, is reportedly at odds with the north London side's management over their transfer policy.
Arsenal's failure to hold onto their biggest stars in recent years, with the likes of Robin van Persie, Cesc Fabregas, and Samir Nasri, among others, opting to switch sides in their prime because of a perceived lack of ambition on the part of the club, was the the toughest challenge that the Frenchman had to confront at the Emirates.
However, he might not have to worry about such concern at Barcelona, given their financial superiority.
Even if "The Professor" has not lay hands on any silverware since 2005, he has gained notoriety of being able to maximise the potential of his resources, limited or otherwise, which can be the determining factor in persuading Barca to bring him in when this season ends.
Will Barca try to snatch Wenger this coming summer? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election