Arsenal FC Transfer News: Barcelona Target Gunners Mentor
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 13, 2014 5:49 PM EST
La Liga giants FC Barcelona are targeting Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger in an attempt to regain their status as the world's most dominant club.
Barcelona is suggested to chase Arsene Wenger's signature to replace Gerardo Martino
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues’ On-Loan Goalkeeper Dismisses Rumours Linking Him to Real Madrid, Claims It as Ploy to ‘Destabilise’ Current Club
Chelsea FC Transfer News: £40m Move for Zenit Forward who Flew to London Imminent, Says Source (Photo)
Yes, you read it right. The Catalan outfit, whose form has continually dipped following the departure of Pep Guardiola, are looking for a new ship captain who can steer the Blaugrana back to the summit of club football.
While Barca are, currently, positioned at a respectable third place in the La Liga table and has qualified for the quarter finals in the Champions League under the reign of first-year coach Gerardo "Tata" Martino, the club hierarchy are understood to be apprehensive in extending his term after suffering recent shaky defeats in the hands of Valencia, Real Sociedad, and Valladolid, respectively.
Meanwhile, Wenger, who has mentored the Gunners in the last 16 years, is reportedly at odds with the north London side's management over their transfer policy.
Arsenal's failure to hold onto their biggest stars in recent years, with the likes of Robin van Persie, Cesc Fabregas, and Samir Nasri, among others, opting to switch sides in their prime because of a perceived lack of ambition on the part of the club, was the the toughest challenge that the Frenchman had to confront at the Emirates.
However, he might not have to worry about such concern at Barcelona, given their financial superiority.
Even if "The Professor" has not lay hands on any silverware since 2005, he has gained notoriety of being able to maximise the potential of his resources, limited or otherwise, which can be the determining factor in persuading Barca to bring him in when this season ends.
Will Barca try to snatch Wenger this coming summer? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report