Arsenal FC Transfer News: Barcelona Target Gunners Mentor
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 13, 2014 5:49 PM EST
La Liga giants FC Barcelona are targeting Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger in an attempt to regain their status as the world's most dominant club.
Barcelona is suggested to chase Arsene Wenger's signature to replace Gerardo Martino
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues’ On-Loan Goalkeeper Dismisses Rumours Linking Him to Real Madrid, Claims It as Ploy to ‘Destabilise’ Current Club
Chelsea FC Transfer News: £40m Move for Zenit Forward who Flew to London Imminent, Says Source (Photo)
Yes, you read it right. The Catalan outfit, whose form has continually dipped following the departure of Pep Guardiola, are looking for a new ship captain who can steer the Blaugrana back to the summit of club football.
While Barca are, currently, positioned at a respectable third place in the La Liga table and has qualified for the quarter finals in the Champions League under the reign of first-year coach Gerardo "Tata" Martino, the club hierarchy are understood to be apprehensive in extending his term after suffering recent shaky defeats in the hands of Valencia, Real Sociedad, and Valladolid, respectively.
Meanwhile, Wenger, who has mentored the Gunners in the last 16 years, is reportedly at odds with the north London side's management over their transfer policy.
Arsenal's failure to hold onto their biggest stars in recent years, with the likes of Robin van Persie, Cesc Fabregas, and Samir Nasri, among others, opting to switch sides in their prime because of a perceived lack of ambition on the part of the club, was the the toughest challenge that the Frenchman had to confront at the Emirates.
However, he might not have to worry about such concern at Barcelona, given their financial superiority.
Even if "The Professor" has not lay hands on any silverware since 2005, he has gained notoriety of being able to maximise the potential of his resources, limited or otherwise, which can be the determining factor in persuading Barca to bring him in when this season ends.
Will Barca try to snatch Wenger this coming summer? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery