Samsung Galaxy F Concept: A Sleek 'Metal' Smartphone? Is it the New 'Galaxy S5 Prime'?
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 13, 2014 5:29 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy F concept has brought in the much required change to the Samsung flagship smartphones. Graphic Designer Ivo Maric created a concept render of Galaxy F, a premium Samsung smartphone rumored to be developed in mid of the previous year. This might also be the first step toward Samsung moving away from its perennial slab design with low-cost plastic appearance to tough-looking aluminum.
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Rumored Galaxy F Features
The exterior is built with an aluminum structure and very large display extending almost to the phone sides. Unlike most smartphone concepts, Ivo's Galaxy F was designed with styling and dimensions that fall within the realm of attainability, according to BGR.
Reports for months regarding Samsung's recent Galaxy S5 unveiling suggested the company is working on a premium version of its flagship smartphone dubbed as either Galaxy F or Galaxy S5 Prime. The phone did not materialize during Samsung's press conference in February. But reports cited the handset might still be in development.
Samsung Galaxy F features specs that nearly match Galaxy S5, but packed into a premium metal enclosure like HTC One or iPhone 5s. The smartphone might also include a quad HD 5.2-inch display that will pack twice as many pixels as a 1080p screen into the same space. The thickness of the handset is 8.1 mm, Phone Review claimed.
If the rumors were true, this premium phone might get released in the second quarter of 2014.
What do you think about the sleek new look of Galaxy F concept?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family