Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Burning Spotted, Hijack Scenario Extremely Possible
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 13, 2014 5:17 PM EST
A significant lead that could finally help determine why Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 had gone missing is currently being worked on by aviation experts and authorities. Could it be the evidence that everyone has been searching for regarding the fate of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370?
A relative (woman in white) of a passenger onboard Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 cries as she talks on her mobile phone at the Beijing Capital International Airport on 8 March, 2014.
Fans Scramble to Buy 2014 FIFA World Cup Tickets, More Than 200K Sold in Just a Few Hours, Australia One of the Countries with Most Ticket Requests
Floyd Mayweather Isn’t a Cherry Picker; ‘I Have Earned the Right to Choose Who I Fight,’ Says Undefeated Boxer
A report by BBC said that the deputy general director of Vietnam's air traffic management, Doan Huu Gia, was sent an email by a New Zealander employed as an oil rig worker off Vung Tau in Vietnam, claiming that he saw a burning object in the sky during about the same time that the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 had been reported missing.
ABC News Correspondent and anchor Bob Woodruff got hold of the letter, read it from the snapshot and he posted on his Twitter account.
Meanwhile, as the search and investigation efforts about the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 triple, with the Chinese government now examining satellite images that could be linked to the claims of the New Zealander, another area that is currently being looked on is the transponder of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370. The fact that the transponder stopped sending information means something had definitely gone wrong.
Veteran pilot and aviation expert John Nance told CNN that it is difficult to fathom why a Boeing 777 jetliner would all of sudden have no means of communicating with air traffic control units. Mr. Nance added that even if the transponder of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 quit working, the crew should have at least tried some other means to send information.
CNN further reported that when the Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 stopped sending identifying transponder codes, it flew off course before completely disappearing from the radar screens. For this reason, some speculations that the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 was hijacked came about.
According to longtime pilot Kit Darby, the transponder may have been turned off on purpose, but the there is really no support to prove that it has indeed been turned off with intent. The president of Aviation Information Resource also told CNN that it is possible that the transponder will stop working because of a power failure, and even if there is such a failure in the power supply, the jetliner can manage to stay flying for another hour.
However, Mr. Nance thinks otherwise. He said that the power system of a jetliner is not easily broken and the transponder consume only a small amount of power. He firmly believes that someone could have turned off the transponder.
If Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has been hijacked, shouldn't the hijackers need to have access to the cockpit? The whole world is still at a loss as to what really happened. There are so many speculations and questions that do not have answers yet. Families and relatives of the 239 people on board continue to sustain a painful saga of sentiments.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Immediate Deaths After Ice Bucket Challenge Are Hoaxes Gone Viral: Neck Injury And Hypothermia Killed Two People Performing The Stunt
- Risky Selfies That Were Taken A Few Seconds Before Tragedy Struck
- ISIS Update: Executioner of James Foley with British Accent Identified as ‘John’
- Viral Video Missouri Mall: Back-To-School Promo Of East Hills Mall In Missouri Goes Viral As Terrible Mall Ad [WATCH VIDEO]
- New Zealand Accelerates Ban on Shark Finning
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch