Sudeep’s 'Maanikya' Pushed for an April Release
By Sahaja K R | March 13, 2014 4:35 PM EST
Upcoming Kannada movie "Maanikya" which was supposed to hit the theatres on Ugadi (28 March) has been pushed to April 2014. The film which features Sudeep, V Ravichandran, Varalaxmi Sharathkumar, Ramya Krishna and Ranya in lead roles is one of the most awaited movies of the year.
V. Ravichandran and Sudeep on the sets of "Maanikya"
A couple of months ago, Sudeep, who is also the director of the film, had announced that "Maanikya" will release during Ugadi. He has now updated his Twitter account with the latest news that his upcoming directorial venture will be delayed.
"Maanikya's release has been pushed to April... Will update the date soon...audio to hit stands max before 25 March," Sudeep posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Maanikya" is the remake of the Telugu hit movie "Mirchi," which featured actors Prabhas and Satyaraj in the lead roles. The two played son and father relationship respectively. However, in the Kannada remake, Sudeep has made a few changes. It is said that Ravichandran will play the role of Sudeep's brother in the movie.
The reason for the delay of "Maanikya" may be due to the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, according to a report by Chitraloka.com. People may tend to be busy with election campaigns and board examinations throughout this month and half of April. So the film may not release until 17 April, predicts Chitraloka.com.
"Maanikya" which is produced by N Kumar was filmed mainly in Bidar and Hyderabad. A few scenes were even shot at the Bangalore City College.
In a recent interview, Sudeep also mentioned that "Maanikya" is a big budget movie. He explained that there was a delay due to some monetary matters, but he has assured the producer that the film will do well. "I have given my commitment to producer N Kumar. He trusted me and invested the amount I quoted. The money he has invested has been used up. But the film demanded more investment. "Maanikya" has become a very big budget film now. I have put in the additional investment required on the movie. But N Kumar's investment will be safe," Sudeep told to Chitraloka.com.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones