Sudeep’s 'Maanikya' Pushed for an April Release
By Sahaja K R | March 13, 2014 4:35 PM EST
Upcoming Kannada movie "Maanikya" which was supposed to hit the theatres on Ugadi (28 March) has been pushed to April 2014. The film which features Sudeep, V Ravichandran, Varalaxmi Sharathkumar, Ramya Krishna and Ranya in lead roles is one of the most awaited movies of the year.
V. Ravichandran and Sudeep on the sets of "Maanikya"
A couple of months ago, Sudeep, who is also the director of the film, had announced that "Maanikya" will release during Ugadi. He has now updated his Twitter account with the latest news that his upcoming directorial venture will be delayed.
"Maanikya's release has been pushed to April... Will update the date soon...audio to hit stands max before 25 March," Sudeep posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Maanikya" is the remake of the Telugu hit movie "Mirchi," which featured actors Prabhas and Satyaraj in the lead roles. The two played son and father relationship respectively. However, in the Kannada remake, Sudeep has made a few changes. It is said that Ravichandran will play the role of Sudeep's brother in the movie.
The reason for the delay of "Maanikya" may be due to the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, according to a report by Chitraloka.com. People may tend to be busy with election campaigns and board examinations throughout this month and half of April. So the film may not release until 17 April, predicts Chitraloka.com.
"Maanikya" which is produced by N Kumar was filmed mainly in Bidar and Hyderabad. A few scenes were even shot at the Bangalore City College.
In a recent interview, Sudeep also mentioned that "Maanikya" is a big budget movie. He explained that there was a delay due to some monetary matters, but he has assured the producer that the film will do well. "I have given my commitment to producer N Kumar. He trusted me and invested the amount I quoted. The money he has invested has been used up. But the film demanded more investment. "Maanikya" has become a very big budget film now. I have put in the additional investment required on the movie. But N Kumar's investment will be safe," Sudeep told to Chitraloka.com.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko