Sudeep’s 'Maanikya' Pushed for an April Release
By Sahaja K R | March 13, 2014 4:35 PM EST
Upcoming Kannada movie "Maanikya" which was supposed to hit the theatres on Ugadi (28 March) has been pushed to April 2014. The film which features Sudeep, V Ravichandran, Varalaxmi Sharathkumar, Ramya Krishna and Ranya in lead roles is one of the most awaited movies of the year.
V. Ravichandran and Sudeep on the sets of "Maanikya"
A couple of months ago, Sudeep, who is also the director of the film, had announced that "Maanikya" will release during Ugadi. He has now updated his Twitter account with the latest news that his upcoming directorial venture will be delayed.
"Maanikya's release has been pushed to April... Will update the date soon...audio to hit stands max before 25 March," Sudeep posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Maanikya" is the remake of the Telugu hit movie "Mirchi," which featured actors Prabhas and Satyaraj in the lead roles. The two played son and father relationship respectively. However, in the Kannada remake, Sudeep has made a few changes. It is said that Ravichandran will play the role of Sudeep's brother in the movie.
The reason for the delay of "Maanikya" may be due to the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, according to a report by Chitraloka.com. People may tend to be busy with election campaigns and board examinations throughout this month and half of April. So the film may not release until 17 April, predicts Chitraloka.com.
"Maanikya" which is produced by N Kumar was filmed mainly in Bidar and Hyderabad. A few scenes were even shot at the Bangalore City College.
In a recent interview, Sudeep also mentioned that "Maanikya" is a big budget movie. He explained that there was a delay due to some monetary matters, but he has assured the producer that the film will do well. "I have given my commitment to producer N Kumar. He trusted me and invested the amount I quoted. The money he has invested has been used up. But the film demanded more investment. "Maanikya" has become a very big budget film now. I have put in the additional investment required on the movie. But N Kumar's investment will be safe," Sudeep told to Chitraloka.com.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar