Sudeep’s 'Maanikya' Pushed for an April Release
By Sahaja K R | March 13, 2014 4:35 PM EST
Upcoming Kannada movie "Maanikya" which was supposed to hit the theatres on Ugadi (28 March) has been pushed to April 2014. The film which features Sudeep, V Ravichandran, Varalaxmi Sharathkumar, Ramya Krishna and Ranya in lead roles is one of the most awaited movies of the year.
V. Ravichandran and Sudeep on the sets of "Maanikya"
A couple of months ago, Sudeep, who is also the director of the film, had announced that "Maanikya" will release during Ugadi. He has now updated his Twitter account with the latest news that his upcoming directorial venture will be delayed.
"Maanikya's release has been pushed to April... Will update the date soon...audio to hit stands max before 25 March," Sudeep posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Maanikya" is the remake of the Telugu hit movie "Mirchi," which featured actors Prabhas and Satyaraj in the lead roles. The two played son and father relationship respectively. However, in the Kannada remake, Sudeep has made a few changes. It is said that Ravichandran will play the role of Sudeep's brother in the movie.
The reason for the delay of "Maanikya" may be due to the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, according to a report by Chitraloka.com. People may tend to be busy with election campaigns and board examinations throughout this month and half of April. So the film may not release until 17 April, predicts Chitraloka.com.
"Maanikya" which is produced by N Kumar was filmed mainly in Bidar and Hyderabad. A few scenes were even shot at the Bangalore City College.
In a recent interview, Sudeep also mentioned that "Maanikya" is a big budget movie. He explained that there was a delay due to some monetary matters, but he has assured the producer that the film will do well. "I have given my commitment to producer N Kumar. He trusted me and invested the amount I quoted. The money he has invested has been used up. But the film demanded more investment. "Maanikya" has become a very big budget film now. I have put in the additional investment required on the movie. But N Kumar's investment will be safe," Sudeep told to Chitraloka.com.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence