Sudeep’s 'Maanikya' Pushed for an April Release
By Sahaja K R | March 13, 2014 4:35 PM EST
Upcoming Kannada movie "Maanikya" which was supposed to hit the theatres on Ugadi (28 March) has been pushed to April 2014. The film which features Sudeep, V Ravichandran, Varalaxmi Sharathkumar, Ramya Krishna and Ranya in lead roles is one of the most awaited movies of the year.
V. Ravichandran and Sudeep on the sets of "Maanikya"
A couple of months ago, Sudeep, who is also the director of the film, had announced that "Maanikya" will release during Ugadi. He has now updated his Twitter account with the latest news that his upcoming directorial venture will be delayed.
"Maanikya's release has been pushed to April... Will update the date soon...audio to hit stands max before 25 March," Sudeep posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Maanikya" is the remake of the Telugu hit movie "Mirchi," which featured actors Prabhas and Satyaraj in the lead roles. The two played son and father relationship respectively. However, in the Kannada remake, Sudeep has made a few changes. It is said that Ravichandran will play the role of Sudeep's brother in the movie.
The reason for the delay of "Maanikya" may be due to the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, according to a report by Chitraloka.com. People may tend to be busy with election campaigns and board examinations throughout this month and half of April. So the film may not release until 17 April, predicts Chitraloka.com.
"Maanikya" which is produced by N Kumar was filmed mainly in Bidar and Hyderabad. A few scenes were even shot at the Bangalore City College.
In a recent interview, Sudeep also mentioned that "Maanikya" is a big budget movie. He explained that there was a delay due to some monetary matters, but he has assured the producer that the film will do well. "I have given my commitment to producer N Kumar. He trusted me and invested the amount I quoted. The money he has invested has been used up. But the film demanded more investment. "Maanikya" has become a very big budget film now. I have put in the additional investment required on the movie. But N Kumar's investment will be safe," Sudeep told to Chitraloka.com.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS