'Mean Girls' Movie Reunion: Tina Fey, Lindsay Lohan Reveal Plans; Will There be a Musical? [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 13, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Who doesn't want a "Mean Girls" reunion? Fans are known to have been waiting for a reunion since, like, forever. The hit teen comedy movie has received, generally, positive reviews, and it has given the movie an even better reputation.
Actress Lindsay Lohan introduces singer Miley Cyrus during the 2013 Z100 Jingle Ball in New York December 13, 2013. Reuters/Lucas Jackson
According to IMDb, the comedy movie received numerous awards including 7 wins and 16 nominations since the movie hit theaters in 2004.
Mean Girls is a box office success based on the book "Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence" by author Rosalind Wiseman. The book has no story narration, but still, it didn't stop the movie from emerging in the market.
"Bo, stop trying to make fetch happen," says the caption, which is the same line used in the movie.
On Mar. 6, Mean Girls lead star Lindsay Lohan hinted on the "Tonight Show" that there would be a reunion coming. Lohan's hint was spot on since the American teen comedy movie will be having its tenth year anniversary on April.
On the said show, Lohan appeared to promote her new reality show "Lindsay," which premiered on Sunday, Mar. 9 on Oprah Winfrey's OWN network. The actress and Tonight Show's host Jimmy Fallon ended up playing card game with which whoever loses gets to hurl water on the other person. Lohan had the chance to use the huge water gun on Fallon.
Tina Fey, who wrote the movie's screenplay, however, according to an E! online report, shut down any possible fantasy of Mean Girls ever having a "reunion." The actress showed up in the Hollywood premiere of her new movie "Muppets Most Wanted," clearing the news.
All the same, according to Fey, Mean Girls is working on a musical. But the actress guessed that the musical will most likely going to be in a couple of years, and there will be "no" reunion since the actress only mentioned "a screening or a party," and that will be it. Otherwise, fans appeared to be happy about it, still. At least, there is a musical to look forward to.
WATCH: Mean Girls official trailer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers