'Mean Girls' Movie Reunion: Tina Fey, Lindsay Lohan Reveal Plans; Will There be a Musical? [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 13, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Who doesn't want a "Mean Girls" reunion? Fans are known to have been waiting for a reunion since, like, forever. The hit teen comedy movie has received, generally, positive reviews, and it has given the movie an even better reputation.
Actress Lindsay Lohan introduces singer Miley Cyrus during the 2013 Z100 Jingle Ball in New York December 13, 2013. Reuters/Lucas Jackson
According to IMDb, the comedy movie received numerous awards including 7 wins and 16 nominations since the movie hit theaters in 2004.
Mean Girls is a box office success based on the book "Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence" by author Rosalind Wiseman. The book has no story narration, but still, it didn't stop the movie from emerging in the market.
"Bo, stop trying to make fetch happen," says the caption, which is the same line used in the movie.
On Mar. 6, Mean Girls lead star Lindsay Lohan hinted on the "Tonight Show" that there would be a reunion coming. Lohan's hint was spot on since the American teen comedy movie will be having its tenth year anniversary on April.
On the said show, Lohan appeared to promote her new reality show "Lindsay," which premiered on Sunday, Mar. 9 on Oprah Winfrey's OWN network. The actress and Tonight Show's host Jimmy Fallon ended up playing card game with which whoever loses gets to hurl water on the other person. Lohan had the chance to use the huge water gun on Fallon.
Tina Fey, who wrote the movie's screenplay, however, according to an E! online report, shut down any possible fantasy of Mean Girls ever having a "reunion." The actress showed up in the Hollywood premiere of her new movie "Muppets Most Wanted," clearing the news.
All the same, according to Fey, Mean Girls is working on a musical. But the actress guessed that the musical will most likely going to be in a couple of years, and there will be "no" reunion since the actress only mentioned "a screening or a party," and that will be it. Otherwise, fans appeared to be happy about it, still. At least, there is a musical to look forward to.
WATCH: Mean Girls official trailer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy