'Mean Girls' Movie Reunion: Tina Fey, Lindsay Lohan Reveal Plans; Will There be a Musical? [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 13, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Who doesn't want a "Mean Girls" reunion? Fans are known to have been waiting for a reunion since, like, forever. The hit teen comedy movie has received, generally, positive reviews, and it has given the movie an even better reputation.
Actress Lindsay Lohan introduces singer Miley Cyrus during the 2013 Z100 Jingle Ball in New York December 13, 2013. Reuters/Lucas Jackson
According to IMDb, the comedy movie received numerous awards including 7 wins and 16 nominations since the movie hit theaters in 2004.
Mean Girls is a box office success based on the book "Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence" by author Rosalind Wiseman. The book has no story narration, but still, it didn't stop the movie from emerging in the market.
"Bo, stop trying to make fetch happen," says the caption, which is the same line used in the movie.
On Mar. 6, Mean Girls lead star Lindsay Lohan hinted on the "Tonight Show" that there would be a reunion coming. Lohan's hint was spot on since the American teen comedy movie will be having its tenth year anniversary on April.
On the said show, Lohan appeared to promote her new reality show "Lindsay," which premiered on Sunday, Mar. 9 on Oprah Winfrey's OWN network. The actress and Tonight Show's host Jimmy Fallon ended up playing card game with which whoever loses gets to hurl water on the other person. Lohan had the chance to use the huge water gun on Fallon.
Tina Fey, who wrote the movie's screenplay, however, according to an E! online report, shut down any possible fantasy of Mean Girls ever having a "reunion." The actress showed up in the Hollywood premiere of her new movie "Muppets Most Wanted," clearing the news.
All the same, according to Fey, Mean Girls is working on a musical. But the actress guessed that the musical will most likely going to be in a couple of years, and there will be "no" reunion since the actress only mentioned "a screening or a party," and that will be it. Otherwise, fans appeared to be happy about it, still. At least, there is a musical to look forward to.
WATCH: Mean Girls official trailer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop