'Mean Girls' Movie Reunion: Tina Fey, Lindsay Lohan Reveal Plans; Will There be a Musical? [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 13, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Who doesn't want a "Mean Girls" reunion? Fans are known to have been waiting for a reunion since, like, forever. The hit teen comedy movie has received, generally, positive reviews, and it has given the movie an even better reputation.
Actress Lindsay Lohan introduces singer Miley Cyrus during the 2013 Z100 Jingle Ball in New York December 13, 2013. Reuters/Lucas Jackson
According to IMDb, the comedy movie received numerous awards including 7 wins and 16 nominations since the movie hit theaters in 2004.
Mean Girls is a box office success based on the book "Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence" by author Rosalind Wiseman. The book has no story narration, but still, it didn't stop the movie from emerging in the market.
"Bo, stop trying to make fetch happen," says the caption, which is the same line used in the movie.
On Mar. 6, Mean Girls lead star Lindsay Lohan hinted on the "Tonight Show" that there would be a reunion coming. Lohan's hint was spot on since the American teen comedy movie will be having its tenth year anniversary on April.
On the said show, Lohan appeared to promote her new reality show "Lindsay," which premiered on Sunday, Mar. 9 on Oprah Winfrey's OWN network. The actress and Tonight Show's host Jimmy Fallon ended up playing card game with which whoever loses gets to hurl water on the other person. Lohan had the chance to use the huge water gun on Fallon.
Tina Fey, who wrote the movie's screenplay, however, according to an E! online report, shut down any possible fantasy of Mean Girls ever having a "reunion." The actress showed up in the Hollywood premiere of her new movie "Muppets Most Wanted," clearing the news.
All the same, according to Fey, Mean Girls is working on a musical. But the actress guessed that the musical will most likely going to be in a couple of years, and there will be "no" reunion since the actress only mentioned "a screening or a party," and that will be it. Otherwise, fans appeared to be happy about it, still. At least, there is a musical to look forward to.
WATCH: Mean Girls official trailer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers