'Mean Girls' Movie Reunion: Tina Fey, Lindsay Lohan Reveal Plans; Will There be a Musical? [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 13, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Who doesn't want a "Mean Girls" reunion? Fans are known to have been waiting for a reunion since, like, forever. The hit teen comedy movie has received, generally, positive reviews, and it has given the movie an even better reputation.
Actress Lindsay Lohan introduces singer Miley Cyrus during the 2013 Z100 Jingle Ball in New York December 13, 2013. Reuters/Lucas Jackson
According to IMDb, the comedy movie received numerous awards including 7 wins and 16 nominations since the movie hit theaters in 2004.
Mean Girls is a box office success based on the book "Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence" by author Rosalind Wiseman. The book has no story narration, but still, it didn't stop the movie from emerging in the market.
"Bo, stop trying to make fetch happen," says the caption, which is the same line used in the movie.
On Mar. 6, Mean Girls lead star Lindsay Lohan hinted on the "Tonight Show" that there would be a reunion coming. Lohan's hint was spot on since the American teen comedy movie will be having its tenth year anniversary on April.
On the said show, Lohan appeared to promote her new reality show "Lindsay," which premiered on Sunday, Mar. 9 on Oprah Winfrey's OWN network. The actress and Tonight Show's host Jimmy Fallon ended up playing card game with which whoever loses gets to hurl water on the other person. Lohan had the chance to use the huge water gun on Fallon.
Tina Fey, who wrote the movie's screenplay, however, according to an E! online report, shut down any possible fantasy of Mean Girls ever having a "reunion." The actress showed up in the Hollywood premiere of her new movie "Muppets Most Wanted," clearing the news.
All the same, according to Fey, Mean Girls is working on a musical. But the actress guessed that the musical will most likely going to be in a couple of years, and there will be "no" reunion since the actress only mentioned "a screening or a party," and that will be it. Otherwise, fans appeared to be happy about it, still. At least, there is a musical to look forward to.
WATCH: Mean Girls official trailer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones