Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues’ On-Loan Goalkeeper Dismisses Rumours Linking Him to Real Madrid, Claims It as Ploy to ‘Destabilise’ Current Club
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 13, 2014 3:59 PM EST
Chelsea on-loan goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois dismissed rumours linking him with a move to Real Madrid at the end of the season and claims that it is just a ploy to "destabilise" his current club, Atletico Madrid.
“I've said it in three or four languages. Everyone knows these things have been said to destabilise the team (Atletico).” - Thibaut Courtois
Chelsea FC Transfer News: £40m Move for Zenit Forward who Flew to London Imminent, Says Source (Photo)
The Belgian international is enjoying a good late-season run with the Los Rojiblancos, notably making it through to the quarter-finals in the Champions League after beating AC Milan 5-1, on aggregate.
"I've said it in three or four languages. Everyone knows these things have been said to destabilise the team (Atletico)," Courtois told AS.
"I have a deal with Atletico until June 30 and then two more years with Chelsea."
"I want to stay with them. It's okay if people follow my career, but I don't think they'll want to sell me."
The 21-year-old points out that the timeliness of the aforementioned speculation is questionable since it surfaces every time the Spanish capital outfit are confronted with a significant match.
"The press have put this about to destabilise us," he added.
"These kind of things often come out when there is an important game."
"We know it's not true."
"Whatever came out in the press was not true and we are focused on the present. Today (Tuesday) was an example."
Could Real Madrid be really pursuing Courtois, who can definitely succeed Iker Casillas as Los Blancos' long-term shot-stopper? Tell us what you think. Join the thread below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS