Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues’ On-Loan Goalkeeper Dismisses Rumours Linking Him to Real Madrid, Claims It as Ploy to ‘Destabilise’ Current Club
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 13, 2014 3:59 PM EST
Chelsea on-loan goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois dismissed rumours linking him with a move to Real Madrid at the end of the season and claims that it is just a ploy to "destabilise" his current club, Atletico Madrid.
“I've said it in three or four languages. Everyone knows these things have been said to destabilise the team (Atletico).” - Thibaut Courtois
Chelsea FC Transfer News: £40m Move for Zenit Forward who Flew to London Imminent, Says Source (Photo)
The Belgian international is enjoying a good late-season run with the Los Rojiblancos, notably making it through to the quarter-finals in the Champions League after beating AC Milan 5-1, on aggregate.
"I've said it in three or four languages. Everyone knows these things have been said to destabilise the team (Atletico)," Courtois told AS.
"I have a deal with Atletico until June 30 and then two more years with Chelsea."
"I want to stay with them. It's okay if people follow my career, but I don't think they'll want to sell me."
The 21-year-old points out that the timeliness of the aforementioned speculation is questionable since it surfaces every time the Spanish capital outfit are confronted with a significant match.
"The press have put this about to destabilise us," he added.
"These kind of things often come out when there is an important game."
"We know it's not true."
"Whatever came out in the press was not true and we are focused on the present. Today (Tuesday) was an example."
Could Real Madrid be really pursuing Courtois, who can definitely succeed Iker Casillas as Los Blancos' long-term shot-stopper? Tell us what you think. Join the thread below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand