Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues’ On-Loan Goalkeeper Dismisses Rumours Linking Him to Real Madrid, Claims It as Ploy to ‘Destabilise’ Current Club
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 13, 2014 3:59 PM EST
Chelsea on-loan goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois dismissed rumours linking him with a move to Real Madrid at the end of the season and claims that it is just a ploy to "destabilise" his current club, Atletico Madrid.
“I've said it in three or four languages. Everyone knows these things have been said to destabilise the team (Atletico).” - Thibaut Courtois
Chelsea FC Transfer News: £40m Move for Zenit Forward who Flew to London Imminent, Says Source (Photo)
The Belgian international is enjoying a good late-season run with the Los Rojiblancos, notably making it through to the quarter-finals in the Champions League after beating AC Milan 5-1, on aggregate.
"I've said it in three or four languages. Everyone knows these things have been said to destabilise the team (Atletico)," Courtois told AS.
"I have a deal with Atletico until June 30 and then two more years with Chelsea."
"I want to stay with them. It's okay if people follow my career, but I don't think they'll want to sell me."
The 21-year-old points out that the timeliness of the aforementioned speculation is questionable since it surfaces every time the Spanish capital outfit are confronted with a significant match.
"The press have put this about to destabilise us," he added.
"These kind of things often come out when there is an important game."
"We know it's not true."
"Whatever came out in the press was not true and we are focused on the present. Today (Tuesday) was an example."
Could Real Madrid be really pursuing Courtois, who can definitely succeed Iker Casillas as Los Blancos' long-term shot-stopper? Tell us what you think. Join the thread below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’