Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues’ On-Loan Goalkeeper Dismisses Rumours Linking Him to Real Madrid, Claims It as Ploy to ‘Destabilise’ Current Club
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 13, 2014 3:59 PM EST
Chelsea on-loan goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois dismissed rumours linking him with a move to Real Madrid at the end of the season and claims that it is just a ploy to "destabilise" his current club, Atletico Madrid.
“I've said it in three or four languages. Everyone knows these things have been said to destabilise the team (Atletico).” - Thibaut Courtois
Chelsea FC Transfer News: £40m Move for Zenit Forward who Flew to London Imminent, Says Source (Photo)
The Belgian international is enjoying a good late-season run with the Los Rojiblancos, notably making it through to the quarter-finals in the Champions League after beating AC Milan 5-1, on aggregate.
"I've said it in three or four languages. Everyone knows these things have been said to destabilise the team (Atletico)," Courtois told AS.
"I have a deal with Atletico until June 30 and then two more years with Chelsea."
"I want to stay with them. It's okay if people follow my career, but I don't think they'll want to sell me."
The 21-year-old points out that the timeliness of the aforementioned speculation is questionable since it surfaces every time the Spanish capital outfit are confronted with a significant match.
"The press have put this about to destabilise us," he added.
"These kind of things often come out when there is an important game."
"We know it's not true."
"Whatever came out in the press was not true and we are focused on the present. Today (Tuesday) was an example."
Could Real Madrid be really pursuing Courtois, who can definitely succeed Iker Casillas as Los Blancos' long-term shot-stopper? Tell us what you think. Join the thread below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On