Infosys Slumps 9 Percent on Revenue Outlook Worries
March 13, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Shares in Infosys fell as much as 9 percent on concerns about the revenue outlook after Barclays cited the software service exporter's chief executive SD Shibulal as saying the company was facing challenges in some customer segments.
Employees walk in front of a pyramid-shaped building at the Infosys campus in the Electronic City area of Bangalore September 4, 2012.
Barclays, in an email to clients, said Infosys (INFY.NS) management, highlighted improving customer optimism, but added Shibulal had also "highlighted the challenges faced by the company in retail and Hi-Tech vertical."
"We believe that if the challenges outplay positives, the company is likely to gravitate towards lower end of FY14 guidance, implying muted Q4FY14," Barclays said in its email.
Infosys, India's second largest software services exporter, in January raised revenue growth guidance for the 2013/14 financial year to between 11.5 and 12 percent from a previously forecast 9-10 percent, citing higher demand for its services.
Infosys shares were down 7.4 percent at 9:27 a.m.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date