Infosys Slumps 9 Percent on Revenue Outlook Worries
March 13, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Shares in Infosys fell as much as 9 percent on concerns about the revenue outlook after Barclays cited the software service exporter's chief executive SD Shibulal as saying the company was facing challenges in some customer segments.
Employees walk in front of a pyramid-shaped building at the Infosys campus in the Electronic City area of Bangalore September 4, 2012.
Barclays, in an email to clients, said Infosys (INFY.NS) management, highlighted improving customer optimism, but added Shibulal had also "highlighted the challenges faced by the company in retail and Hi-Tech vertical."
"We believe that if the challenges outplay positives, the company is likely to gravitate towards lower end of FY14 guidance, implying muted Q4FY14," Barclays said in its email.
Infosys, India's second largest software services exporter, in January raised revenue growth guidance for the 2013/14 financial year to between 11.5 and 12 percent from a previously forecast 9-10 percent, citing higher demand for its services.
Infosys shares were down 7.4 percent at 9:27 a.m.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone