Infosys Slumps 9 Percent on Revenue Outlook Worries
March 13, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Shares in Infosys fell as much as 9 percent on concerns about the revenue outlook after Barclays cited the software service exporter's chief executive SD Shibulal as saying the company was facing challenges in some customer segments.
Employees walk in front of a pyramid-shaped building at the Infosys campus in the Electronic City area of Bangalore September 4, 2012.
Barclays, in an email to clients, said Infosys (INFY.NS) management, highlighted improving customer optimism, but added Shibulal had also "highlighted the challenges faced by the company in retail and Hi-Tech vertical."
"We believe that if the challenges outplay positives, the company is likely to gravitate towards lower end of FY14 guidance, implying muted Q4FY14," Barclays said in its email.
Infosys, India's second largest software services exporter, in January raised revenue growth guidance for the 2013/14 financial year to between 11.5 and 12 percent from a previously forecast 9-10 percent, citing higher demand for its services.
Infosys shares were down 7.4 percent at 9:27 a.m.
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones
- BlackBerry Offers $600 To Lure iPhone Owners To Switch To Passport Phone
- #Bendgate Fails To Dent As Apple’s Market Value Reaches $700 Billion
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments