Sony Xperia Z2 in Danger of Delay, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, SmartBand Prizes for Sony Competition; Cool Themes for Xperia
By Gel Galang | March 13, 2014 3:33 PM EST
The Sony Xperia Z2 has been the much-hyped and praised smartphone of its generation, having the right amount of power and impressive features to stand against one of the giants, the Samsung Galaxy S5 in a face-off.
And even though preorders for the unit are already ongoing, new rumours are surfacing that the Sony Xperia Z2 may be delayed due to supplier issues.
Ubergizmo reports that a delay may be looming due to setbacks in manufacturing. This tidbit was found over at the Esato forum, which has previously offered information about Sony products and has earned a pretty credible background to date.
As far as the manufacturing issues are concerned, it seems that the launch of the Sony Xperia Z2 will be limited, putting the brand at a disadvantage as it may have to delay mass availability after the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the HTC One M8. For now, this is still a rumour, so best to treat it as one first.
Sony Xperia Z1 and SmartBand offered as prizes in competition
A new contest is currently being held over at the Sony Mobile Facebook page, and it's Sony's way of putting Lifelog at the center of the spotlight as the release date for the Sony Xperia Z2 nears.
Phone Arena has spotted the new contest, which is already open to participants globally until March 17. All you need to do to join is to answer two questions after watching a video that shows off the Lifelog app. The answer is already in the video, so you pretty much just have to watch.
The prizes include a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and the Sony SmartBand. You can check out the video over at Sony's Facebook page at the link above.
Sony Xperia phones get awesome themes
For those who still haven't planned to get the Sony Xperia Z2, there's another way to enjoy the handset--a change in UI.
CNet has spotted a number of new official skins being offered for Sony Xperia phones as the handset upgrades to Android 4.3. However, you need to own particular devices to enjoy the skins. These handsets include T-Mobile's Xperia Z1S, the Xperia Z1, the Z Compact, the Xperia Z and updated Z2 tablet, and older handsets like the Xperia T, TX, V, and SP that have been update to Android 4.3.
Of course if you plan on buying the Sony Xperia Z2, your new device can also avail of the new Android themes. Some screenshots of the skins can be found in the link above, or you can also check out the video below that showcases a couple of them.
Read more gaming and tech news here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report