PS4 Updates: More Reports Point to VR Headset at GDC, Mercenary Kings Dropping in April; PS Store Discounts COD Games
By Gel Galang | March 13, 2014 3:14 PM EST
While there has been no official announcement from Sony as for the reveal of Sony's headset, which has been slated to rival the Oculus Rift and provide a new way to play the PS4, a new report has surfaced touting the possibility of a GDC appearance.
Edge reports that unidentified developers who are working with the technology have already received a prototype of the device. What's even more interesting is that Sony's VR headset may be more impressive compared to the Oculus Rift, which has been shown off and documented for quite a while now.
As for what will be showcased at GDC, there may not be a lot of software to go with, but a tech demo may be prepared enough to be showcased at the event. In addition, the report also states that VR technology in gaming, at least as a platform for the PS4 is still very much limited and has to grow quite a lot to break out from its niche appeal. But at least this "wait and see" development will be accessible to the public, hopefully at GDC.
Mercenary Kings debuting in April
Forget about April Fools' Day--once calendars hit April, there's one game that you know isn't kidding around on the PS4.
Tribute Games has just announced over at the PlayStation Blog that Mercenary Kings will debut on Sony's next-gen console on April 1. The side-scroller game puts action and adventure in a more colourful fashion, as it puts you take on the mission of rescuing Dr. James Neil from the forces of the Cyber Loyalist Active Weapons and prevent him from basically taking over the world.
"You can be a lone wolf if you dare, or assemble your own team of mercenaries to take down C.L.A.W.! Your crew can have up to four players, whether it's on your couch or online," said Yannick Belzil, writer at Tribute Games.
The game will feature more than 300 gun parts, 100 knives, crafting capabilities for machine guns with mega-ammos or quick-reload pistols.
No announcements have been yet as of the pricing just yet, but there will surely be more news leading to the release date.
Save on Call of Duty: Discounts offered at the PS Store
Over at the PlayStation Blog Europe, a two-week sale on Call of Duty games has already started. The PlayStation Store has already been updated with the discounts for various COD games, which will last until March 25.
The sale includes game titles as well as DLCs of the franchise. Season pass bundles are also offered and the platform availability of discounted items extend to the PS4--so this is a great chance for aspiring COD first-timers to try out Ghosts and its DLCs on the PS4.
The games and bundles on discount for the PS4 include a copy of COD Ghosts, now at AU$69.95/£37.99 and Ghosts and a Season Pass Bundle now at $129.95/£69.99.
For the PS3, you can get Ghosts for AU$64.95/£34.99, COD Ghosts and the Season Pass Bundle at AU$129.95/£64.99, Black Ops II or Black Ops both at AU$29.95/£19.99, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare at AU$24.95/£15.99, Modern Warfare 3 at AU$29.95/£19.99, Modern Warfare 2 at AU$24.95/£15.99, and Call of Duty Classic at AU$17.95/£9.69,
There's a long list of discounted DLCs, which you can check out at the link above.
Read more gaming and tech news here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’