iPhone 6 Release Date Rumours Back to June in WWDC Event
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 13, 2014 2:55 PM EST
The rumoured iPhone 6 release date was now back in June.
According to Tech Radar, the next iPhone 6 is expected to be launched in Worldwide Developers' Conference alongside iOS 8. Moreover, a phablet with larger screen was also expected to be released at the tech event in June.
Screenshot from YouTube Video
iPhone 6 in Sam Beckett's concept video
June and the said tech event was the original release date window of iPhone but for the recent years, Apple has been introducing new iPhones in September. It was speculated that Apple will introduce two smartphones this year.
Another speculation is because the Cupertino-based company will launch two models of the iPhone 6 this year, one with a 4.7-inch screen and the other featuring a larger 5.5-inch display, according to South China Morning Post.
Another evidence that iPhone 6 is coming was when iPhone 5C fell below the expectations of Apple in terms of sales. The low cost iPhone 5C was introduced and released last Sep. 2013 but the response on the handset in terms of sales was not what Apple was expecting from the device.
Part of iPhone 5C's unpopularity was its price as some consumers think that the low cost smartphone did not really fall in cheaper category. Moreover, there are other cheaper alternatives like iPhone 5 and 4S, which consumers can get for a cheaper price.
It was reported that Apple already cut down the production of iPhone 5C due to poor sales late last year. Furthermore, Apple gave deals and discounts on the handset many times despite the fact that it was released last September. According to Digitimes, more than 3 million iPhone 5c units are waiting for buyers, of which 2 million are stored in Pegatron's warehouses, while 1 million units are collecting dust in carriers' and retailers' shelves.
Although Apple has not released the official specs sheet of iPhone 6, grapevine said that Apple intends to bounce back from defeat next year with the release of iPhone 6. Some of the rumoured features of the upcoming iPhone 6 are larger screen display within the range of 4.8 to 6 inches, A8 processor, and iOS 8. Moreover, it may retain some of iPhone 5S' new features like the M7 graphics chip and the fingerprint sensor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments