iPhone 6 Release Date Rumours Back to June in WWDC Event
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 13, 2014 2:55 PM EST
The rumoured iPhone 6 release date was now back in June.
According to Tech Radar, the next iPhone 6 is expected to be launched in Worldwide Developers' Conference alongside iOS 8. Moreover, a phablet with larger screen was also expected to be released at the tech event in June.
Screenshot from YouTube Video
iPhone 6 in Sam Beckett's concept video
June and the said tech event was the original release date window of iPhone but for the recent years, Apple has been introducing new iPhones in September. It was speculated that Apple will introduce two smartphones this year.
Another speculation is because the Cupertino-based company will launch two models of the iPhone 6 this year, one with a 4.7-inch screen and the other featuring a larger 5.5-inch display, according to South China Morning Post.
Another evidence that iPhone 6 is coming was when iPhone 5C fell below the expectations of Apple in terms of sales. The low cost iPhone 5C was introduced and released last Sep. 2013 but the response on the handset in terms of sales was not what Apple was expecting from the device.
Part of iPhone 5C's unpopularity was its price as some consumers think that the low cost smartphone did not really fall in cheaper category. Moreover, there are other cheaper alternatives like iPhone 5 and 4S, which consumers can get for a cheaper price.
It was reported that Apple already cut down the production of iPhone 5C due to poor sales late last year. Furthermore, Apple gave deals and discounts on the handset many times despite the fact that it was released last September. According to Digitimes, more than 3 million iPhone 5c units are waiting for buyers, of which 2 million are stored in Pegatron's warehouses, while 1 million units are collecting dust in carriers' and retailers' shelves.
Although Apple has not released the official specs sheet of iPhone 6, grapevine said that Apple intends to bounce back from defeat next year with the release of iPhone 6. Some of the rumoured features of the upcoming iPhone 6 are larger screen display within the range of 4.8 to 6 inches, A8 processor, and iOS 8. Moreover, it may retain some of iPhone 5S' new features like the M7 graphics chip and the fingerprint sensor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners