Chelsea FC Transfer News: £40m Move for Zenit Forward who Flew to London Imminent, Says Source (Photo)
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 13, 2014 2:44 PM EST
Chelsea could make a big move this coming summer involving Zenit Saint Petersburg forward Hulk, who posted a photo of himself and his agent on Instagram as they were on their way to London.
The photo came with a caption stating: "Going to work in London. With my manager and friend # Teo"
The Brazil international's future is now in question after Luciano Spalletti, the manager that brought him in, was sacked on Tuesday.
He is suggested to be priced at £40m, but the Blues are undeterred as Jose Mourinho is understood to be given the liberty to make purchases that will serve the club for the long haul in the upcoming transfer window.
Strikers Radamel Falcao, Wayne Rooney, and Diego Costa, among others, were linked with the west Londoners in the past, but the 27-year-old is believed to be the more viable option at this point.
"He's been on the club's radar before but this presents a real opportunity," a source told Football Direct News.
"The manager was desperately keen to recruit Wayne Rooney last summer but with that now history, Hulk looks likely to fit the bill."
Moreover, FIFA agent Shandor Varga concurs with the said idea to some extent.
"Despite the transfer fee required to land Hulk, don't rule out that he may move to one of the top European championships," Varga told Izvestia.
"English clubs still have the highest chance of acquiring him. For the UK's leading teams €50m (£40m) is not much money."
Do you think Hulk will head to Stamford Bridge this coming summer? Post your thoughts in the comments section.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon