Nokia Lumia 1520: Windows Phone 8 Phablet Can Support SanDisk's New 128GB MicroSDXC Memory Card
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 13, 2014 2:43 PM EST
The new SanDisk 128GB MicroSDXC memory card got introduced at the 2014 Mobile World Congress and a Nokia Lumia 1520 user recently confirmed that the Windows Phone 8 phablet can support the memory storage expansion. In the Windows Phone Central forum, username NoRomBasic shared about testing the new SanDisk memory card and discovered that it was compatible with the Nokia Lumia device.
"What I can tell you is that it benches about 20 percent faster than the SanDisk Ultra microSDXC 64GB (I have a couple of those as well and that was in my 1520 until the friendly UPS Guy delivered the 128GB card today). I did record about 5 minutes of video last night and had no stuttering issues, as well as played back an episode of Firefly formatted in 720p low-compression WMV format. Card seems to work just fine," NoRomBasic shared in the forum.
To verify the information, the user shared an image that shows the SD card's interface speed and the "Phone Storage" option under "Settings." The 128GB microSDXC card in the user's Nokia Lumia 1520 showed 98.10GB is still free after using up 20.98GB in the device. Click HERE to see shared photo.
However, NoRomBasic noted that the 1080p Full-HD video recording is "still not smooth." The user wrote in the forum: "For my purposes it works more than well enough and I really do want the space so I'd still say the card is a good buy unless you are heavy into 1080p motion video recording."
The Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone device is the only one confirmed to support the new SanDisk memory card. The WinSource report speculates the other Nokia Lumia devices with microSD card slots can also support SanDisk's new 128GB MicroSDXC memory card such as the Nokia Lumia 520, 521, 525, 620, 625, 720, 820, 810, 822 and 1320.
Stuart Robinson, the SanDisk director of handset component technologies and strategy analytics, declared in the company's statement in February that the high-performance of the SanDisk 128GB Ultra MicroSDXC memory card will change the way how owners interact with their devices. In the Newsmax.com report, the SanDisk director further added: "Until now, consumers had to spread out their content between multiple products because the memory on those devices was not able to hold enough data in one place."
Amazon listed the SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card in their Web site with an adapter at a price of $119 with free shipping. However, the Web site noted that shipping schedule usually happens within 4-6 weeks.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event? - [READ]
Flappy Bird Comeback, Creator Considers Having the Game Available Again - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible---Report
- The Latest Nikon D750 Costs $2500, But The Full Frame Model Is Worth The Buy
- ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’: Sledgehammer Games Releases Launch Trailer, Smooth Multiplayer And Dedicated Servers
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored