Sony Xperia Z2 Carrier Predictions: AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile? Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet UK Prices Revealed
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 13, 2014 1:51 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z2 is expected to reach stores globally this April 2014 after its official launch in the Mobile World Congress (MWC).
The water-proof smartphone is one of Sony's latest flagship. Tech sources said it will support LTE bands brought by carriers AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon. Sony Xperia Z2 network specifications are compatible with bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17 and 20. In a report by Examiner, these bands correspond with the numbers of the following U.S. carriers. AT&T holds 2, 4 and 17; T-Mobile for band 4, and Verizon with bands 4 and 13.
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist.Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Speculations were raised that Sony Xperia Z2 might be offered by T-Mobile as the network was given the privilege to offer Xperia Z1 exclusively. The Xperia Z1 did not come to the U.S. market first as it was released in China, UK and Finland in September 2013, following Asia and Canada a month later.
The phone was already available in various countries worldwide before Sony offered it for the U.S. market, but it was exclusive via T-Mobile's 4G network.
Sony Xperia Z2 is a new Sony powerhouse with features "designed to compete." With Samsung Galaxy S5 and iPhone 6 on brew, Sony highlights what other smartphone makers do not offer, the water and dust-proof features that the Web site tells prospect users to "be always ready for the unexpected." Interestingly, users can use their Z2 under the rain.
Sony did not announce yet when the exact release date of Sony Xperia Z2 for the U.S. market. With a free NFC wireless speaker amounting approximately £119, the Sony Web site allows pre-orders of the phone for £599 and AU$899.95 for the Australian market. Available colors are purple, black and white.
Meanwhile, Xperia Z2 tablet, which was also launched in MWC 2014, will reportedly compete head on with Nexus 10, iPad Air and other tablets with 10 inches display, according to PC Advisor. The tablet version of Z2 runs in Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system and coming with the same water and dust-resistant features.
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet does not have a price yet for the Australian market. But it will be priced £499 for the 16 GB with 4G LTE tablet variant. The cheapest will be Sony Xperia Z2 tablet 16 GB Wi-Fi model for £399, following the 32 GB Wi-Fi model for £449.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family