Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Promotes New Film 'Before I Disappear' at 2014 SXSW Festival in Texas with Co-Star Emmy Rossum
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 13, 2014 1:49 PM EST
Actor Paul Wesley took a break from his busy work schedule in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 and attended the 2014 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival on Monday, March 10. The TVD star graced the event at the Alamo Ritz in Austin,Texas to promote his new film "Before I Disappear" with co-star Emmy Rossum and took part in the Q&A session at the venue.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
Matt Bomer: 'White Collar' Actor Featured in HBO's 'The Normal Heart' Teaser Trailer, Shares On-Screen Kiss with Co-Star Mark Ruffalo [WATCH VIDEO]
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Grandpa Henry Winchester Returns in the Misha Collin Directed Episode 17 'Mother's Little Helper'
Other co-stars Fatima Ptacek and Ron Perlman joined Paul and Emmy at the film festival as well as filmmaker and actor Shawn Christensen. The "Beautiful Creatures" actress posted on her Twitter account @emmyrossum to describe her arrival in Austin, Texas. Click HERE to see photos.
Landed in Austin, tx. It's overcast and gray and daylight savings makes me wanna go back to sleep. #sxsw
— Emmy Rossum (@emmyrossum) March 9, 2014
Paul Wesley, 31, has starred in a couple of films but it was the CW TV series and his vampire character that catapulted him to stardom making the actor one of the hottest TV stars. Now, Mr Wesley continues to diversify his acting career in the Shawn Christensen-directed film "Before I Disappear" where he portrays the character named Gideon.
According to the Wet Paint report, the "Before I Disappear" film follows the character named Richie who received a phone call from his estranged sister during the lowest point in his life. The story will continue to evolve on Richie after his sister asked him to babysit his niece.
"Before I Disappear is a feature-length adaptation of the short film Curfew, for which Shawn won an Oscar in 2013. The movie stars Paul as Gideon, Shawn as Richie, and Emmy Rossum as sister, Maggie. Paul is also credited as a producer on the film," the report further noted.
The Film Threat review gave the film a five-star rating describing the script to be beautifully written having realistic dialogues. "It is wonderful to see the superbly talented Paul Wesley step outside of his Vampire Diaries character to explore the multi-faceted Gideon," the film review read.
Fans can watch Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 that airs Thursday nights at 8 pm ET on the CW Network. The hit TV series returns with Episode 16 titled "While You Were Sleeping" scheduled to air on March 20, 2014.
More Articles to Read: 'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: New Doppelganger To Arrive in Episode 17 Titled 'Rescue Me' - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Hangs Out at 2014 SXSW Festival and Mardi Paws Dog Parade - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Episode 15 'Gone Girl' Recap/Spoilers: Katherine Not Welcome in 'The Other Side' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown