'When Harry Met Sally' Deli Files Lawsuit to Stop Fake Orgasms
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 13, 2014 1:29 PM EST
The famous "When Harry Met Sally" Katz's Delicatessen reportedly filed lawsuit on Wednesday, Mar. 12, claiming that the "Katz and Dogz" pastrami truck is deceiving customers through advertising "fake" orgasms.
Jury members, US actress Meg Ryan (L), Indian actress and former Miss World Aishwarya Rai (C), and US director Steven Soderbergh (R) stand together during a photocall on the first day of the 56th International Film Festival in Cannes 2003
The romance comedy movie "When Harry Met Sally" is reported to have shot a scene at Katz's Deli where Meg Ryan, playing the role of Reuben, sat at a table to eat sandwich and started having "orgasm."
The film that played the infamous scene received 88% on Rotten Tomatoes. Supposed that the rating meant the majority of viewers had watched the movie and had really enjoyed it, and then it means that a good number of people had also seen Ryan's fake orgasm at the deli.
The lawsuit filed by Katz's Deli claimed that customers are likely to assume that the deli and the trucks are in some way affiliated, because the deli truck appears to have a sign that says, "Are you ready for the Reuben Orgasm?!"
Tarek, reported to have identified himself as a Katz and Dogz owner, was reached through phone but declined to give a comment on the lawsuit. Tarek claimed that he had not yet seen the complaint.
According to Tarek, he would like to avoid a lawsuit, but he would not sign any paperwork, either. Tarek called the deli's owners "pushy" and "not polite" when they contacted him.
Katz's owners stated that they, indeed, offered the truck owners a total amount of $7,000 to change its name. The result, however, had not been productive. The truck owners was said to have broken its word before the deal was even finalized.
"Katz wants the food truck permanently garaged," TMZ reported. "They also want all the money from those delicious -- though undoubtedly greasy -- Reuben Orgasms."
In the 1989 romance comedy movie "When Harry Met Sally," there was a scene when its character Reuben had orgasm and a customer eating at another table told the waiter that she'll have what Reuben's having.
As a result, Katz and Dogz, aside from selling "Reuben Orgasm," also had a placard placed on the table that says, "Where Harry met Sally ... Hope you have what she had!"
The truck sells the same as what the deli sells, according to the lawsuit. There are pastrami, corned beef sandwiches, and other traditional fare. Katz's Deli believed that Katz and Dogz trucks are advertising the orgasm which originally took place in Katz.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6