Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Rumoured to Be Next Disney CEO
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 13, 2014 1:17 PM EST
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg is rumoured to be the next Disney CEO after Bob Iger leaves the office in 2016.
Co-Chair of Disney Media and President of the Disney/ABC Television Group Anne Sweeney arrives on the red carpet at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Even though there are still a couple of years before Mr Iger's predetermined departure, Ms Sandberg's name is among the strongest contenders for the top post at Disney. New York Post quoted one source saying that people started "angling" pretty early as it would be the "most coveted" job for any candidate.
Co-Chair of Disney Media and President of the Disney-ABC Television Group Anne Sweeney announced on Tuesday March 11 that she would leave the company. That took the Disney TV boss out of contention even though she was supposed to be the ideal successor to Mr Iger. On the other hand, some assume that Ms Sweeney decided to resign from the Disney TV post so that she could work on her candidature for 2016. Ms Sweeney has reportedly shown interest in the job before.
Ms Sandberg's propaganda for the job, nevertheless, is expected to focus on her leadership skills. One of her campaigners has said that Disney should choose some like her who understands content and advertising. Ms Sandberg has previously worked at Google on running ad sales. She also supposedly has experience in knowing the "digital future".
Ms Sandberg is presently occupied with her online campaign to ban the use of "bossy" as a word. In one of the campaign videos, Beyoncé is seen saying that she is bossy. On the contrary, she is the boss. One may wonder if the video indicated Ms Sandberg's own profile.
The credentials of Ms Sandberg as a professional are extremely convincing as she has also worked at Google as a top executive as well as a chief of staff at the Treasury Department. Ms Sandberg has however been a part of the Disney board since 2010.
Neither Facebook nor Disney responded when Fox Business tried contacting them for a comment on the matter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28