Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Rumoured to Be Next Disney CEO
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 13, 2014 1:17 PM EST
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg is rumoured to be the next Disney CEO after Bob Iger leaves the office in 2016.
Co-Chair of Disney Media and President of the Disney/ABC Television Group Anne Sweeney arrives on the red carpet at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Even though there are still a couple of years before Mr Iger's predetermined departure, Ms Sandberg's name is among the strongest contenders for the top post at Disney. New York Post quoted one source saying that people started "angling" pretty early as it would be the "most coveted" job for any candidate.
Co-Chair of Disney Media and President of the Disney-ABC Television Group Anne Sweeney announced on Tuesday March 11 that she would leave the company. That took the Disney TV boss out of contention even though she was supposed to be the ideal successor to Mr Iger. On the other hand, some assume that Ms Sweeney decided to resign from the Disney TV post so that she could work on her candidature for 2016. Ms Sweeney has reportedly shown interest in the job before.
Ms Sandberg's propaganda for the job, nevertheless, is expected to focus on her leadership skills. One of her campaigners has said that Disney should choose some like her who understands content and advertising. Ms Sandberg has previously worked at Google on running ad sales. She also supposedly has experience in knowing the "digital future".
Ms Sandberg is presently occupied with her online campaign to ban the use of "bossy" as a word. In one of the campaign videos, Beyoncé is seen saying that she is bossy. On the contrary, she is the boss. One may wonder if the video indicated Ms Sandberg's own profile.
The credentials of Ms Sandberg as a professional are extremely convincing as she has also worked at Google as a top executive as well as a chief of staff at the Treasury Department. Ms Sandberg has however been a part of the Disney board since 2010.
Neither Facebook nor Disney responded when Fox Business tried contacting them for a comment on the matter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy