Shailene Woodley Seeks Advice from ‘Hunger Games’ star Jennifer Lawrence for ‘Divergent’
By charmaine corne clutton | March 13, 2014 1:14 PM EST
The up-and-coming star Shailene Woodley is the face of April's Teen Vogue. The stunning actress sports a sexy pixie cut with barely there makeup to enhance her features. In the issue of Teen Vogue, the "Divergent" star dishes out on her role in the upcoming film "Divergent" down to the makeup brand she uses. From all the ravings about "Divergent," it seems like Shailene Woodley is tailored-fit for the role.
Cast member Shailene Woodley of the new film "Divergent" poses at the 51st annual Publicists Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 28, 2014.
Who would have thought, however, that Woodley initially turned down the offer? According to HollywoodLife.com, Woodley initially said 'no' to the offer but "Hunger Games" star Jennifer Lawrence talked her into it.
"I said no to the role first," Woodley revealed in an interview. Good thing pal Jennifer Lawrence was there to offer her advice and support for the fictional film. Shailene further revealed that she had doubts about the fantasy series.
"It was pretty wild. Doing an action movie is completely different from one based in reality. It's much harder to act with a green screen than with another human being. There are so many special effects in this film, so it was really amazing to see how they turned out," said Shailene Woodley in her interview with Teen Vogue.
So what was America's sweetheart advice to Woodley?
"There are some things - don't make a sex tape, don't do drugs, don't do things in public - that you wouldn't want other people judging you for. But this is the best decision you'll ever make," stated Jennifer Lawrence when Woodley sought her for advice.
Meanwhile, Woodley also expressed her thoughts on equally famous fantasy series "Twilight." According to her interview with Teen Vogue, Woodley thinks Edward and Bella are "toxic," pertaining of course, to the polar extreme relationship of the two protagonists. Woodley later added that she thought "Twilight" sent out the wrong message to young people.
"She falls in love with this guy and the second he leaves her, her life is over and she's going to kill herself! What message are we sending to young people? That is not going to help this world evolve," said Woodley in the interview.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues