Shailene Woodley Seeks Advice from ‘Hunger Games’ star Jennifer Lawrence for ‘Divergent’
By charmaine corne clutton | March 13, 2014 1:14 PM EST
The up-and-coming star Shailene Woodley is the face of April's Teen Vogue. The stunning actress sports a sexy pixie cut with barely there makeup to enhance her features. In the issue of Teen Vogue, the "Divergent" star dishes out on her role in the upcoming film "Divergent" down to the makeup brand she uses. From all the ravings about "Divergent," it seems like Shailene Woodley is tailored-fit for the role.
Cast member Shailene Woodley of the new film "Divergent" poses at the 51st annual Publicists Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 28, 2014.
Who would have thought, however, that Woodley initially turned down the offer? According to HollywoodLife.com, Woodley initially said 'no' to the offer but "Hunger Games" star Jennifer Lawrence talked her into it.
"I said no to the role first," Woodley revealed in an interview. Good thing pal Jennifer Lawrence was there to offer her advice and support for the fictional film. Shailene further revealed that she had doubts about the fantasy series.
"It was pretty wild. Doing an action movie is completely different from one based in reality. It's much harder to act with a green screen than with another human being. There are so many special effects in this film, so it was really amazing to see how they turned out," said Shailene Woodley in her interview with Teen Vogue.
So what was America's sweetheart advice to Woodley?
"There are some things - don't make a sex tape, don't do drugs, don't do things in public - that you wouldn't want other people judging you for. But this is the best decision you'll ever make," stated Jennifer Lawrence when Woodley sought her for advice.
Meanwhile, Woodley also expressed her thoughts on equally famous fantasy series "Twilight." According to her interview with Teen Vogue, Woodley thinks Edward and Bella are "toxic," pertaining of course, to the polar extreme relationship of the two protagonists. Woodley later added that she thought "Twilight" sent out the wrong message to young people.
"She falls in love with this guy and the second he leaves her, her life is over and she's going to kill herself! What message are we sending to young people? That is not going to help this world evolve," said Woodley in the interview.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2