Shailene Woodley Seeks Advice from ‘Hunger Games’ star Jennifer Lawrence for ‘Divergent’
By charmaine corne clutton | March 13, 2014 1:14 PM EST
The up-and-coming star Shailene Woodley is the face of April's Teen Vogue. The stunning actress sports a sexy pixie cut with barely there makeup to enhance her features. In the issue of Teen Vogue, the "Divergent" star dishes out on her role in the upcoming film "Divergent" down to the makeup brand she uses. From all the ravings about "Divergent," it seems like Shailene Woodley is tailored-fit for the role.
Cast member Shailene Woodley of the new film "Divergent" poses at the 51st annual Publicists Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 28, 2014.
Who would have thought, however, that Woodley initially turned down the offer? According to HollywoodLife.com, Woodley initially said 'no' to the offer but "Hunger Games" star Jennifer Lawrence talked her into it.
"I said no to the role first," Woodley revealed in an interview. Good thing pal Jennifer Lawrence was there to offer her advice and support for the fictional film. Shailene further revealed that she had doubts about the fantasy series.
"It was pretty wild. Doing an action movie is completely different from one based in reality. It's much harder to act with a green screen than with another human being. There are so many special effects in this film, so it was really amazing to see how they turned out," said Shailene Woodley in her interview with Teen Vogue.
So what was America's sweetheart advice to Woodley?
"There are some things - don't make a sex tape, don't do drugs, don't do things in public - that you wouldn't want other people judging you for. But this is the best decision you'll ever make," stated Jennifer Lawrence when Woodley sought her for advice.
Meanwhile, Woodley also expressed her thoughts on equally famous fantasy series "Twilight." According to her interview with Teen Vogue, Woodley thinks Edward and Bella are "toxic," pertaining of course, to the polar extreme relationship of the two protagonists. Woodley later added that she thought "Twilight" sent out the wrong message to young people.
"She falls in love with this guy and the second he leaves her, her life is over and she's going to kill herself! What message are we sending to young people? That is not going to help this world evolve," said Woodley in the interview.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How