Shailene Woodley Seeks Advice from ‘Hunger Games’ star Jennifer Lawrence for ‘Divergent’
By charmaine corne clutton | March 13, 2014 1:14 PM EST
The up-and-coming star Shailene Woodley is the face of April's Teen Vogue. The stunning actress sports a sexy pixie cut with barely there makeup to enhance her features. In the issue of Teen Vogue, the "Divergent" star dishes out on her role in the upcoming film "Divergent" down to the makeup brand she uses. From all the ravings about "Divergent," it seems like Shailene Woodley is tailored-fit for the role.
Cast member Shailene Woodley of the new film "Divergent" poses at the 51st annual Publicists Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 28, 2014.
Who would have thought, however, that Woodley initially turned down the offer? According to HollywoodLife.com, Woodley initially said 'no' to the offer but "Hunger Games" star Jennifer Lawrence talked her into it.
"I said no to the role first," Woodley revealed in an interview. Good thing pal Jennifer Lawrence was there to offer her advice and support for the fictional film. Shailene further revealed that she had doubts about the fantasy series.
"It was pretty wild. Doing an action movie is completely different from one based in reality. It's much harder to act with a green screen than with another human being. There are so many special effects in this film, so it was really amazing to see how they turned out," said Shailene Woodley in her interview with Teen Vogue.
So what was America's sweetheart advice to Woodley?
"There are some things - don't make a sex tape, don't do drugs, don't do things in public - that you wouldn't want other people judging you for. But this is the best decision you'll ever make," stated Jennifer Lawrence when Woodley sought her for advice.
Meanwhile, Woodley also expressed her thoughts on equally famous fantasy series "Twilight." According to her interview with Teen Vogue, Woodley thinks Edward and Bella are "toxic," pertaining of course, to the polar extreme relationship of the two protagonists. Woodley later added that she thought "Twilight" sent out the wrong message to young people.
"She falls in love with this guy and the second he leaves her, her life is over and she's going to kill herself! What message are we sending to young people? That is not going to help this world evolve," said Woodley in the interview.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date