Lorde Snubs Katy Perry's Offer to Perform at Her 'Prismatic' World Tour: Wants to Focus on Her Own Career Instead
By nidhi tewari | March 13, 2014 1:12 PM EST
When pop star Katy Perry invites any budding singer to perform on her concert, anybody is bound to say yes. But this theory does not apply if the singer is Lorde. The Grammy Award winning singer Lorde has turned down "Roar" singer Katy Perry's offer to perform at her upcoming "Prismatic" world tour. The reason is simple. The 17-year-old turned down the golden chance to focus and build her own career instead.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
Talking to Kylie Sanders on her radio show Lorde explained that she turned down Perry's offer because she believes that she is at this crucial early stage in her career where her priority should be her own career and not somebody else's. And does she think that singing for Katy Perry would mean otherwise?
"I think in the really early stages of any artist's career it's important for them to establish themselves for themselves," Lorde told the radio show, Contact Music reports.
"I'm just basically really stubborn and I want to be really independent and so I wanted to be headlining my own shows as opposed to supporting someone else," added the Grammy Award winner, according to the Web site.
Wonder what Katy Perry might have felt when she would have received a negative response from Lorde. It would be interesting to note that Katy Perry lost to the New Zealand based singer in the Best Song of the Year category at the recent Grammy Awards. Perry's "Roar" was also nominated for the Best Song of the Year category along with Lorde's "Royals." "Royals" won the Grammy for the best song of 2013. So Lorde definitely has an edge over Katy Perry in this regard and a reason genuine enough to refuse Perry to perform at her upcoming concert.
Lorde's chance has however been grabbed by pop duo Icona Pop who would now be present at Perry's upcoming "Prismatic" world tour. Perry's "Prismatic" world tour promises to be one of the biggest shows of 2014. The pop diva will kick off the world 101 day world tour in Belfast, United Kingdom this May.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]