Lamar Odom Flies Back to the U.S. Amidst Basketball Contract in Spain
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 13, 2014 12:55 PM EST
Lamar Odom is back in the U.S. The former National Basketball Association (NBA) player who is currently playing for a local basketball team in Spain has flown to the U.S. on March 10 to get a second opinion on a lower back pain that has become deterrent for him to perform at his best level on the basketball court. Lamar is expected to be back in Spain this weekend.
Basketball player Lamar Odom departs the New York state Supreme Court after a child custody hearing with his ex-girlfriend, Liza Morales, in Manhattan March 5, 2013.
With Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Shocking Disappearance, Discover Other Mysterious Airplane Disasters in History
Roger Federer and Wife Mirka Expecting Twins Again, Will Mirka’s Pregnancy Bring Good Luck to the Swiss Athlete?
According to a Spanish Web site, Lamar flew to the U.S. on Monday afternoon to get a second opinion for his back injury. He was not able to play against Panathinaikos and Joventut. The doctors have reportedly conducted a series of tests as well as x-rays and an MRI on Lamar. Initially, Lamar had thoughts of just sending the results to a specialist in New York, but he ended up taking the results himself to the U.S.
Below is the official statement of the basketball club:
"Lamar Odom travel today (March 10) to the United States in search of a second opinion. The player has the permission of the club to make this trip to visit his trusted doctors, who have assisted him throughout his NBA career, in New York to review the medical tests and give a second diagnosis about his back injury. The club will give more information as developments occur."
Lamar is expected to return in Spain on the weekend. However, the report says that it is possible for Lamar to extend his stay in the U.S., depending on his doctor's orders.
So far, Lamar has only played a couple of games for Baskonia. On Feb 27, Lamar made his debut against Unicaja Malaga, where he only played for six minutes, committing two rebounds and three fouls, and scoring none. Coach Sergio Scariolo said that Lamar was already experiencing some muscle discomforts and pains but said that the American basketball player still left a good impression. Lamar's next game was against Valencia on March 2 where he played for 17 minutes.
Lamar signed with Baskonia for two months. As mentioned prior, he made his debut on Feb 27. Lamar has almost consumed one month of his contract without really making exceptional contributions to Baskonia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales