Lamar Odom Flies Back to the U.S. Amidst Basketball Contract in Spain
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 13, 2014 12:55 PM EST
Lamar Odom is back in the U.S. The former National Basketball Association (NBA) player who is currently playing for a local basketball team in Spain has flown to the U.S. on March 10 to get a second opinion on a lower back pain that has become deterrent for him to perform at his best level on the basketball court. Lamar is expected to be back in Spain this weekend.
Basketball player Lamar Odom departs the New York state Supreme Court after a child custody hearing with his ex-girlfriend, Liza Morales, in Manhattan March 5, 2013.
With Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Shocking Disappearance, Discover Other Mysterious Airplane Disasters in History
Roger Federer and Wife Mirka Expecting Twins Again, Will Mirka’s Pregnancy Bring Good Luck to the Swiss Athlete?
According to a Spanish Web site, Lamar flew to the U.S. on Monday afternoon to get a second opinion for his back injury. He was not able to play against Panathinaikos and Joventut. The doctors have reportedly conducted a series of tests as well as x-rays and an MRI on Lamar. Initially, Lamar had thoughts of just sending the results to a specialist in New York, but he ended up taking the results himself to the U.S.
Below is the official statement of the basketball club:
"Lamar Odom travel today (March 10) to the United States in search of a second opinion. The player has the permission of the club to make this trip to visit his trusted doctors, who have assisted him throughout his NBA career, in New York to review the medical tests and give a second diagnosis about his back injury. The club will give more information as developments occur."
Lamar is expected to return in Spain on the weekend. However, the report says that it is possible for Lamar to extend his stay in the U.S., depending on his doctor's orders.
So far, Lamar has only played a couple of games for Baskonia. On Feb 27, Lamar made his debut against Unicaja Malaga, where he only played for six minutes, committing two rebounds and three fouls, and scoring none. Coach Sergio Scariolo said that Lamar was already experiencing some muscle discomforts and pains but said that the American basketball player still left a good impression. Lamar's next game was against Valencia on March 2 where he played for 17 minutes.
Lamar signed with Baskonia for two months. As mentioned prior, he made his debut on Feb 27. Lamar has almost consumed one month of his contract without really making exceptional contributions to Baskonia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery