Lamar Odom Flies Back to the U.S. Amidst Basketball Contract in Spain
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 13, 2014 12:55 PM EST
Lamar Odom is back in the U.S. The former National Basketball Association (NBA) player who is currently playing for a local basketball team in Spain has flown to the U.S. on March 10 to get a second opinion on a lower back pain that has become deterrent for him to perform at his best level on the basketball court. Lamar is expected to be back in Spain this weekend.
Basketball player Lamar Odom departs the New York state Supreme Court after a child custody hearing with his ex-girlfriend, Liza Morales, in Manhattan March 5, 2013.
With Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Shocking Disappearance, Discover Other Mysterious Airplane Disasters in History
Roger Federer and Wife Mirka Expecting Twins Again, Will Mirka’s Pregnancy Bring Good Luck to the Swiss Athlete?
According to a Spanish Web site, Lamar flew to the U.S. on Monday afternoon to get a second opinion for his back injury. He was not able to play against Panathinaikos and Joventut. The doctors have reportedly conducted a series of tests as well as x-rays and an MRI on Lamar. Initially, Lamar had thoughts of just sending the results to a specialist in New York, but he ended up taking the results himself to the U.S.
Below is the official statement of the basketball club:
"Lamar Odom travel today (March 10) to the United States in search of a second opinion. The player has the permission of the club to make this trip to visit his trusted doctors, who have assisted him throughout his NBA career, in New York to review the medical tests and give a second diagnosis about his back injury. The club will give more information as developments occur."
Lamar is expected to return in Spain on the weekend. However, the report says that it is possible for Lamar to extend his stay in the U.S., depending on his doctor's orders.
So far, Lamar has only played a couple of games for Baskonia. On Feb 27, Lamar made his debut against Unicaja Malaga, where he only played for six minutes, committing two rebounds and three fouls, and scoring none. Coach Sergio Scariolo said that Lamar was already experiencing some muscle discomforts and pains but said that the American basketball player still left a good impression. Lamar's next game was against Valencia on March 2 where he played for 17 minutes.
Lamar signed with Baskonia for two months. As mentioned prior, he made his debut on Feb 27. Lamar has almost consumed one month of his contract without really making exceptional contributions to Baskonia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Roman Reigns Vs Randy Orton Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools