Lamar Odom Flies Back to the U.S. Amidst Basketball Contract in Spain
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 13, 2014 12:55 PM EST
Lamar Odom is back in the U.S. The former National Basketball Association (NBA) player who is currently playing for a local basketball team in Spain has flown to the U.S. on March 10 to get a second opinion on a lower back pain that has become deterrent for him to perform at his best level on the basketball court. Lamar is expected to be back in Spain this weekend.
Basketball player Lamar Odom departs the New York state Supreme Court after a child custody hearing with his ex-girlfriend, Liza Morales, in Manhattan March 5, 2013.
With Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Shocking Disappearance, Discover Other Mysterious Airplane Disasters in History
Roger Federer and Wife Mirka Expecting Twins Again, Will Mirka’s Pregnancy Bring Good Luck to the Swiss Athlete?
According to a Spanish Web site, Lamar flew to the U.S. on Monday afternoon to get a second opinion for his back injury. He was not able to play against Panathinaikos and Joventut. The doctors have reportedly conducted a series of tests as well as x-rays and an MRI on Lamar. Initially, Lamar had thoughts of just sending the results to a specialist in New York, but he ended up taking the results himself to the U.S.
Below is the official statement of the basketball club:
"Lamar Odom travel today (March 10) to the United States in search of a second opinion. The player has the permission of the club to make this trip to visit his trusted doctors, who have assisted him throughout his NBA career, in New York to review the medical tests and give a second diagnosis about his back injury. The club will give more information as developments occur."
Lamar is expected to return in Spain on the weekend. However, the report says that it is possible for Lamar to extend his stay in the U.S., depending on his doctor's orders.
So far, Lamar has only played a couple of games for Baskonia. On Feb 27, Lamar made his debut against Unicaja Malaga, where he only played for six minutes, committing two rebounds and three fouls, and scoring none. Coach Sergio Scariolo said that Lamar was already experiencing some muscle discomforts and pains but said that the American basketball player still left a good impression. Lamar's next game was against Valencia on March 2 where he played for 17 minutes.
Lamar signed with Baskonia for two months. As mentioned prior, he made his debut on Feb 27. Lamar has almost consumed one month of his contract without really making exceptional contributions to Baskonia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones