Nokia X Android Release Guide: When Will it Hit Your Region?
By Precious Silva | March 13, 2014 12:31 PM EST
Nokia surprised the whole world when it announced its series of Android phones. It was a bold move taking another direction away from Windows. The Nokia X series promises a whole new user experience targeting the lower end market of the industry. While Nokia will not be releasing the device to the United States any time or at all, the company will be rolling out the device soon to other parts of the world. What can people expect?
The company will start rolling its Nokia X series to different parts of the world starting with India on March 15. As mentioned, the Nokia X series is based on Android. The latest platform features an Android Open Source project (AOSP).
The series sports dual-sim functions. It runs on 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm snapdragon processor and comes with 512MB RAM with 4GB internal storage expandable up to 32GB through a microSD card. The Nokia handset also comes with a 3MP fixed-focus camera although it does not have crystal rectifier flash support.
Connectivity options include WiFi, A-GPS and Bluetooth. It also runs on 1,500mAh removable battery. According to Nokia the phone can offer up to 10.5 hour of chat time on 3G. It can also last for 28 days while on standby. The Nokia features a single capacitive button for navigation. This is different from the three capacitive found on previous Windows-based models.
Nokia included pre-installed apps like HERE Drive, MixRadio music services, App Store and Maps for location services.
Other features include:
- Display: 4-inch IPS LCD with a resolution of 800x480 pixels
- Features: 3G, Bluetooth, Colour Screen, Dual Core, Email, External Memory, FM Radio, GSM, Gaming, GPRS, GPS, Internet Browser, MMS enabled, MP3 Player
- Model: X
- Weight: 129 grams
- RAM: 512MB
- Storage: 4GB internal, support for microSD cards up to 32GB
- Operating System: Android Nokia X 1.0 Ul
- Warranty: Manufacturer Warranty
- Duration: 1 year
- OS: Android 4.1.2. (Jelly Bean)
- Camera: 3.0 MP, no front camera
- Warranty Details: Repair
- Colour: Available in six colours - Green, Pink, Yellow, Black, White and Blue.
- Processor: 1GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Play
- Battery: 1500mAh
People will have to wait for carriers in their region to know when the device will be released.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports