From Hashtag to Reality: Miley Makes Wish Come True for Leukemia Patient Lulu Martinez [VIDEO/PHOTO]
By nidhi tewari | March 13, 2014 10:15 AM EST
Lulu Martinez, a young woman from central Minnesota who is battling leukemia for the second time, had her dream come true to meet her favourite singer Miley Cyrus finally. The wish for Lulu came true on Monday night at the Miley Cyrus concert at Xcel Energy Center in Minnesota. Lulu got to meet the "Wrecking Ball" songstress backstage and had a big smile on her face.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
The whole meeting was planned by Lulu's elder sister Brittany who had the desire to do something special for Lulu. Brittany started a Twitter campaign to see if she could get Lulu to meet Miley. She spread the hash tag #MileytoLulu on Twitter among her friends and the hash tag started to trend and showed its effect in less than a months' time. The news reached Miley and she agreed to meet not only Lulu but her friends too backstage. Check out the picture below.
— Bangerz Updates (@MileyRayOnTour) March 12, 2014
So how was the experience to meet her favourite person live? Was she nervous or cool? Lulu told kare11.com that it was one of the most memorable experiences for her.
"Well, at first I was because I wasn't feeling good and I'm like, I'm going to meet Miley and I'm going to puke and she's going to remember me as the girl who puked, but I didn't puke. I was all good. It went smooth," Lulu told the Web site.
"It was memorable. It was nice. She just asked how we were and she said she liked my shirt," says Lulu, according to the Web site.
As a gesture of a loving fan, Lulu presented Miley with one of her own T-shirts and a team Lulu bracelet. The group took lot of pictures and videos. So she has met the iconic and most popular singer face to face, what next?
"I'll probably brag about it at school until I graduate and then after I get married too," Lulu said light-heartedly, according to the Web site. "I'll probably just keep following her on Twitter like I usually do and obsessing like I usually do," Lulu added, according to the Web site.
Kudos to her sister Brittany for making this wonderful meeting with Miley Cyrus possible for her little sis!
Brittany says she feels "amazing" that she could do this in less than a month's time. "Just thankful for everyone that's helped," Brittany added. Check out the video of their meeting here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report