From Hashtag to Reality: Miley Makes Wish Come True for Leukemia Patient Lulu Martinez [VIDEO/PHOTO]
By nidhi tewari | March 13, 2014 10:15 AM EST
Lulu Martinez, a young woman from central Minnesota who is battling leukemia for the second time, had her dream come true to meet her favourite singer Miley Cyrus finally. The wish for Lulu came true on Monday night at the Miley Cyrus concert at Xcel Energy Center in Minnesota. Lulu got to meet the "Wrecking Ball" songstress backstage and had a big smile on her face.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
The whole meeting was planned by Lulu's elder sister Brittany who had the desire to do something special for Lulu. Brittany started a Twitter campaign to see if she could get Lulu to meet Miley. She spread the hash tag #MileytoLulu on Twitter among her friends and the hash tag started to trend and showed its effect in less than a months' time. The news reached Miley and she agreed to meet not only Lulu but her friends too backstage. Check out the picture below.
— Bangerz Updates (@MileyRayOnTour) March 12, 2014
So how was the experience to meet her favourite person live? Was she nervous or cool? Lulu told kare11.com that it was one of the most memorable experiences for her.
"Well, at first I was because I wasn't feeling good and I'm like, I'm going to meet Miley and I'm going to puke and she's going to remember me as the girl who puked, but I didn't puke. I was all good. It went smooth," Lulu told the Web site.
"It was memorable. It was nice. She just asked how we were and she said she liked my shirt," says Lulu, according to the Web site.
As a gesture of a loving fan, Lulu presented Miley with one of her own T-shirts and a team Lulu bracelet. The group took lot of pictures and videos. So she has met the iconic and most popular singer face to face, what next?
"I'll probably brag about it at school until I graduate and then after I get married too," Lulu said light-heartedly, according to the Web site. "I'll probably just keep following her on Twitter like I usually do and obsessing like I usually do," Lulu added, according to the Web site.
Kudos to her sister Brittany for making this wonderful meeting with Miley Cyrus possible for her little sis!
Brittany says she feels "amazing" that she could do this in less than a month's time. "Just thankful for everyone that's helped," Brittany added. Check out the video of their meeting here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date