From Hashtag to Reality: Miley Makes Wish Come True for Leukemia Patient Lulu Martinez [VIDEO/PHOTO]
By nidhi tewari | March 13, 2014 10:15 AM EST
Lulu Martinez, a young woman from central Minnesota who is battling leukemia for the second time, had her dream come true to meet her favourite singer Miley Cyrus finally. The wish for Lulu came true on Monday night at the Miley Cyrus concert at Xcel Energy Center in Minnesota. Lulu got to meet the "Wrecking Ball" songstress backstage and had a big smile on her face.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
The whole meeting was planned by Lulu's elder sister Brittany who had the desire to do something special for Lulu. Brittany started a Twitter campaign to see if she could get Lulu to meet Miley. She spread the hash tag #MileytoLulu on Twitter among her friends and the hash tag started to trend and showed its effect in less than a months' time. The news reached Miley and she agreed to meet not only Lulu but her friends too backstage. Check out the picture below.
— Bangerz Updates (@MileyRayOnTour) March 12, 2014
So how was the experience to meet her favourite person live? Was she nervous or cool? Lulu told kare11.com that it was one of the most memorable experiences for her.
"Well, at first I was because I wasn't feeling good and I'm like, I'm going to meet Miley and I'm going to puke and she's going to remember me as the girl who puked, but I didn't puke. I was all good. It went smooth," Lulu told the Web site.
"It was memorable. It was nice. She just asked how we were and she said she liked my shirt," says Lulu, according to the Web site.
As a gesture of a loving fan, Lulu presented Miley with one of her own T-shirts and a team Lulu bracelet. The group took lot of pictures and videos. So she has met the iconic and most popular singer face to face, what next?
"I'll probably brag about it at school until I graduate and then after I get married too," Lulu said light-heartedly, according to the Web site. "I'll probably just keep following her on Twitter like I usually do and obsessing like I usually do," Lulu added, according to the Web site.
Kudos to her sister Brittany for making this wonderful meeting with Miley Cyrus possible for her little sis!
Brittany says she feels "amazing" that she could do this in less than a month's time. "Just thankful for everyone that's helped," Brittany added. Check out the video of their meeting here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report