Easy Habits to Boost Health Instantly
By Prerna Sood | March 13, 2014 3:23 AM EST
Among all the enormous health challenges that one sets for them, we rarely achieve any. It's not easy to stick to tiresome workout regimes, follow a strict balanced diet, meditate regularly, do yoga, go for a jog or whichever activity that one takes up to health proof them.
It will be tremendously easy if we tried to shift focus from the above activities (that somehow always seem undoable) to some instant tricks which not only make life easy but also contribute largely to the pledge of staying hale and hearty. Here are some simple habits that if you inculcate in your daily routine will leave you feeling fit both mentally and physically.
Add Color to Greens
When it comes to vegetables, you get a go ahead to eat as much as you can. Green veggies are loaded with iron, minerals, vitamins, disease fighting photochemical and fibre content. However, it is not only green vegetables that you need to gorge on. The more colored fruits and veggies you eat the more wrinkle-reducing antioxidants you obtain from them. Yellow, purple, red food like beetroot, carrot, lemon, pumpkin, orange, black grapes, strawberry, kiwi, corn, etc are not only nutritious in nature but also leave you with a radiant looking skin.
Gorge on Apples
Apples are one of the most consumed fruits in the world. Apples are nutrition powerhouses that are abundant in dietary fibre, flavanoids and antioxidants. They also help in reducing tooth decay. Eating apples regularly also facilitate in lowering cholesterol levels. The fibre present in apples can relieve you from diarrhoea. Apples are one of the rare fruits that detoxify your liver. So next time you need a snack, reach out for a bowl of apples.
Stress can play a major role in your daily routine and lifestyle. It can have a gigantic effect on you physically as well as emotionally. It can often end up making you cranky, temperamental and grumpy. Ease up to combat the undue stress in your life. Spare some time to do what you love most. It could be anything from biking, playing a sport, watching a movie to baking, listening to music, gardening, solving a puzzle or even playing with your pet. Cutting out the extra stress will make you feel healthier and more content.
Dance Your Woes Away
Hate to exercise? Detest the gym? Simply plug in your headphones and dance to your favorite numbers. This way you get your daily requirement of minimum exercise while having fun. It makes exercise enjoyable and actually helps lose more weight since it does not get mundane at any point. Create your own playlist and move to the music. Dancing to high energy songs (preferably at the start of the day) will leave you upbeat and more cheerful through the rest of the day.
Work Your Eyes
Follow a simple technique to exercise your eyes every day. Staring at TV, computer and cell phones all day strain your eyes. Relax your eye muscles and reduce headaches by exercising your eyes. Try to picture a huge figure of the number eight in front of you. Slowly, move your eyeballs tracing the shape of the number. Do it for a few minutes from left to right and right to left. This will help cut tension.
Value Your Friends
Being in the company of good friends who motivate you and uplift your morale can actually lead to a longer and more content life. Scientists have reasons to believe firmly that friends are a source of continued emotional support and also help in distressing by boosting the production of dopamine and oxytocin, otherwise known as feelgood chemicals. The secretion of these very chemicals in good quantities promotes brain growth and slows ageing.
Get Potassium Power
Including potassium rich foods like kiwi, bananas, strawberries, mangoes, nuts, tomatoes, milk, spinach, curd, orange, asparagus, apricots and raisins in every day meals helps better functioning of the muscles and the heart. These foods also contain asparagine (a type of amino acid) that flushes out any excess liquid from the body.
A small exercise for a few minutes can help greatly in keeping your limbs well-built and flexible. Try balancing on each foot for as long as you can while keeping the other foot stable. This simple practise strengthens leg muscles and boosts the body's stability. It also cuts down the risk of falls that come with growing age. It's best if done in the morning.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Sugar Is The Major Cause Of Obesity: Top 5 Ways To Reduce Your Sugar Intake
- Ebola Survivors' Blood Sold in Black Market, WHO Warns Buyers of Risks Including Death
- Jennifer Lopez's Diet and Fitness Secrets Revealed: Ways by Which She Keeps Her Lower Body Toned
- Hip Hop Mogul Russell Simmons Says In New Book That Meditation and Yoga Can Make You Rich
- Kids Whose Parents Went To College Eat Healthier, Study Finds
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2