NBA Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 13, 2014 3:09 AM EST
Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors visit Chris Paul and the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night in what is the fourth and final meeting in this regular season.
NBA: Golden State Warriors at Toronto Raptors
With the way the playoff picture is shaping up, these West rivals could very well meet again in the first round of the postseason.
Los Angeles enters the game third in the Western Conference with a 45-20 win-loss card while Golden State is at sixth with a 41-24 record.
The pair of Western squads is two of the hottest teams in the league. The Warriors are aiming for their sixth straight victory and are 10-2 in their last 12 outings. The Clippers have a longer win-streak as they target their ninth consecutive win.
Golden State holds the edge in the regular season series, 2-1 with the home teams coming out victorious each time. L.A. won the first meeting, 126-115 as Paul (42 points) outdueled Curry (38 points) in the high-scoring game.
The Warriors took the next two, 105-103 as David Lee logged in a double-double of 23 points and 13 rebounds and 111-92 led by Curry’s 22 points and 7 assists.
Golden State is coming off a blowout 108-85 win versus the Dallas Mavericks, which was limited to 36.6 per cent field goal shooting (30/82 FG). Andrew Bogut had 15 points and 10 boards while Jordan Crawford came off the bench to top score for the Warriors with 19 markers.
The Clippers beat the Phoenix Suns, 112-105 in its last game. Blake Griffin exploded for 37 points and DeAndre Jordan had only 8 points but hauled 17 rebounds.
Betting Lines: Golden State Warriors (+6.5) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (211.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Golden State Warriors Trends
- The Warriors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Warriors are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Warriors are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games vs. the Clippers
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Clippers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
- The Clippers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff