NBA Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 13, 2014 3:09 AM EST
Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors visit Chris Paul and the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night in what is the fourth and final meeting in this regular season.
NBA: Golden State Warriors at Toronto Raptors
With the way the playoff picture is shaping up, these West rivals could very well meet again in the first round of the postseason.
Los Angeles enters the game third in the Western Conference with a 45-20 win-loss card while Golden State is at sixth with a 41-24 record.
The pair of Western squads is two of the hottest teams in the league. The Warriors are aiming for their sixth straight victory and are 10-2 in their last 12 outings. The Clippers have a longer win-streak as they target their ninth consecutive win.
Golden State holds the edge in the regular season series, 2-1 with the home teams coming out victorious each time. L.A. won the first meeting, 126-115 as Paul (42 points) outdueled Curry (38 points) in the high-scoring game.
The Warriors took the next two, 105-103 as David Lee logged in a double-double of 23 points and 13 rebounds and 111-92 led by Curry’s 22 points and 7 assists.
Golden State is coming off a blowout 108-85 win versus the Dallas Mavericks, which was limited to 36.6 per cent field goal shooting (30/82 FG). Andrew Bogut had 15 points and 10 boards while Jordan Crawford came off the bench to top score for the Warriors with 19 markers.
The Clippers beat the Phoenix Suns, 112-105 in its last game. Blake Griffin exploded for 37 points and DeAndre Jordan had only 8 points but hauled 17 rebounds.
Betting Lines: Golden State Warriors (+6.5) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (211.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Golden State Warriors Trends
- The Warriors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Warriors are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Warriors are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games vs. the Clippers
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Clippers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
- The Clippers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation