Barack Obama Says Michelle Won't Marry a Nerd; President Gets Funny on Zach Galifianakis’ 'Between Two Ferns' Chat Show
By Keerthi Mohan | March 13, 2014 12:16 AM EST
President Barack Obama recently sat down with comedian Zach Galifianakis for his web series “Between Two Ferns”, where the two exchanged hilarious barbs and spoke about Michelle Obama choosing a nerd for husband.
U.S. President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama sing Christmas carols during a taping of the Christmas in Washington television benefit program at the National Building Museum in Washington December 15, 2013. The 32nd annual Christmas in Washington show, benefiting the Children's National Health System, featured performers Hugh Jackman, Backstreet Boys, Sheryl Crow, Anna Kendrick, Janelle Monae and Pat Monahan. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst
The video of the exchange was posted on Funny or Die website on Tuesday and at one point during the interview, Galifianakis calls Obama a nerd for not playing football.
"Do you think a woman like Michelle would marry a nerd?" Obama asks.
Click here to check out the video.
To a question on what it’s like to be the last black President, a straight-faced Obama hinted that this might be the last time Galifianakis will ever get to talk to a president.
Obama’s appearance on the show was a move by the White House to influence more youngsters to sign up for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, popularly known as Obamacare.
Halfway through the video, the President says that youngsters can now get covered for what it costs to “pay their cell phone bill” every month. “Is this what they mean by drones?” a seemingly bored Galifianakis asked.
“Have you heard of the Affordable Care Act?” Obama asks Galifianakis during the six-and-a-half minute video, to which the comedy actor responds, “Oh, yeah, I heard about that. That’s the thing that doesn’t work.”
Obama had a quip for each of Galifianakis’ remarks and at one point, the president even poked at the third installment of the “Hangover” movie being a dud.
"It must kind of stink, though, that you can't run, you know, three times,” Galifianakis said, to which Obama responded noting it would be similar to doing the comedy franchise.
"No, I actually think it's a good idea. If I ran a third time, it would be sort of like doing a third "Hangover" movie. Didn't really work out well, did it?" Obama asks.
The interview was taped in the White House almost two weeks ago, but it was uploaded only on Tuesday. Since then, a number of people have visited the HealthCare.gov website to check out coverage option, The White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told the media.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money