Barack Obama Says Michelle Won't Marry a Nerd; President Gets Funny on Zach Galifianakis’ 'Between Two Ferns' Chat Show
By Keerthi Mohan | March 13, 2014 12:16 AM EST
President Barack Obama recently sat down with comedian Zach Galifianakis for his web series “Between Two Ferns”, where the two exchanged hilarious barbs and spoke about Michelle Obama choosing a nerd for husband.
U.S. President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama sing Christmas carols during a taping of the Christmas in Washington television benefit program at the National Building Museum in Washington December 15, 2013. The 32nd annual Christmas in Washington show, benefiting the Children's National Health System, featured performers Hugh Jackman, Backstreet Boys, Sheryl Crow, Anna Kendrick, Janelle Monae and Pat Monahan. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst
The video of the exchange was posted on Funny or Die website on Tuesday and at one point during the interview, Galifianakis calls Obama a nerd for not playing football.
"Do you think a woman like Michelle would marry a nerd?" Obama asks.
Click here to check out the video.
To a question on what it’s like to be the last black President, a straight-faced Obama hinted that this might be the last time Galifianakis will ever get to talk to a president.
Obama’s appearance on the show was a move by the White House to influence more youngsters to sign up for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, popularly known as Obamacare.
Halfway through the video, the President says that youngsters can now get covered for what it costs to “pay their cell phone bill” every month. “Is this what they mean by drones?” a seemingly bored Galifianakis asked.
“Have you heard of the Affordable Care Act?” Obama asks Galifianakis during the six-and-a-half minute video, to which the comedy actor responds, “Oh, yeah, I heard about that. That’s the thing that doesn’t work.”
Obama had a quip for each of Galifianakis’ remarks and at one point, the president even poked at the third installment of the “Hangover” movie being a dud.
"It must kind of stink, though, that you can't run, you know, three times,” Galifianakis said, to which Obama responded noting it would be similar to doing the comedy franchise.
"No, I actually think it's a good idea. If I ran a third time, it would be sort of like doing a third "Hangover" movie. Didn't really work out well, did it?" Obama asks.
The interview was taped in the White House almost two weeks ago, but it was uploaded only on Tuesday. Since then, a number of people have visited the HealthCare.gov website to check out coverage option, The White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told the media.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People