Barack Obama Says Michelle Won't Marry a Nerd; President Gets Funny on Zach Galifianakis’ 'Between Two Ferns' Chat Show
By Keerthi Mohan | March 13, 2014 12:16 AM EST
President Barack Obama recently sat down with comedian Zach Galifianakis for his web series “Between Two Ferns”, where the two exchanged hilarious barbs and spoke about Michelle Obama choosing a nerd for husband.
U.S. President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama sing Christmas carols during a taping of the Christmas in Washington television benefit program at the National Building Museum in Washington December 15, 2013. The 32nd annual Christmas in Washington show, benefiting the Children's National Health System, featured performers Hugh Jackman, Backstreet Boys, Sheryl Crow, Anna Kendrick, Janelle Monae and Pat Monahan. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst
The video of the exchange was posted on Funny or Die website on Tuesday and at one point during the interview, Galifianakis calls Obama a nerd for not playing football.
"Do you think a woman like Michelle would marry a nerd?" Obama asks.
Click here to check out the video.
To a question on what it’s like to be the last black President, a straight-faced Obama hinted that this might be the last time Galifianakis will ever get to talk to a president.
Obama’s appearance on the show was a move by the White House to influence more youngsters to sign up for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, popularly known as Obamacare.
Halfway through the video, the President says that youngsters can now get covered for what it costs to “pay their cell phone bill” every month. “Is this what they mean by drones?” a seemingly bored Galifianakis asked.
“Have you heard of the Affordable Care Act?” Obama asks Galifianakis during the six-and-a-half minute video, to which the comedy actor responds, “Oh, yeah, I heard about that. That’s the thing that doesn’t work.”
Obama had a quip for each of Galifianakis’ remarks and at one point, the president even poked at the third installment of the “Hangover” movie being a dud.
"It must kind of stink, though, that you can't run, you know, three times,” Galifianakis said, to which Obama responded noting it would be similar to doing the comedy franchise.
"No, I actually think it's a good idea. If I ran a third time, it would be sort of like doing a third "Hangover" movie. Didn't really work out well, did it?" Obama asks.
The interview was taped in the White House almost two weeks ago, but it was uploaded only on Tuesday. Since then, a number of people have visited the HealthCare.gov website to check out coverage option, The White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told the media.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues