Barack Obama Says Michelle Won't Marry a Nerd; President Gets Funny on Zach Galifianakis’ 'Between Two Ferns' Chat Show
By Keerthi Mohan | March 13, 2014 12:16 AM EST
President Barack Obama recently sat down with comedian Zach Galifianakis for his web series “Between Two Ferns”, where the two exchanged hilarious barbs and spoke about Michelle Obama choosing a nerd for husband.
U.S. President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama sing Christmas carols during a taping of the Christmas in Washington television benefit program at the National Building Museum in Washington December 15, 2013. The 32nd annual Christmas in Washington show, benefiting the Children's National Health System, featured performers Hugh Jackman, Backstreet Boys, Sheryl Crow, Anna Kendrick, Janelle Monae and Pat Monahan. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst
The video of the exchange was posted on Funny or Die website on Tuesday and at one point during the interview, Galifianakis calls Obama a nerd for not playing football.
"Do you think a woman like Michelle would marry a nerd?" Obama asks.
Click here to check out the video.
To a question on what it’s like to be the last black President, a straight-faced Obama hinted that this might be the last time Galifianakis will ever get to talk to a president.
Obama’s appearance on the show was a move by the White House to influence more youngsters to sign up for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, popularly known as Obamacare.
Halfway through the video, the President says that youngsters can now get covered for what it costs to “pay their cell phone bill” every month. “Is this what they mean by drones?” a seemingly bored Galifianakis asked.
“Have you heard of the Affordable Care Act?” Obama asks Galifianakis during the six-and-a-half minute video, to which the comedy actor responds, “Oh, yeah, I heard about that. That’s the thing that doesn’t work.”
Obama had a quip for each of Galifianakis’ remarks and at one point, the president even poked at the third installment of the “Hangover” movie being a dud.
"It must kind of stink, though, that you can't run, you know, three times,” Galifianakis said, to which Obama responded noting it would be similar to doing the comedy franchise.
"No, I actually think it's a good idea. If I ran a third time, it would be sort of like doing a third "Hangover" movie. Didn't really work out well, did it?" Obama asks.
The interview was taped in the White House almost two weeks ago, but it was uploaded only on Tuesday. Since then, a number of people have visited the HealthCare.gov website to check out coverage option, The White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told the media.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft