Why Did Prince William-Kate Middleton Leave Prince George Behind on their Maldives Vacation?
By Sonam Malik | March 13, 2014 12:01 AM EST
Kate Middleton and Prince William’s recent getaway to the Maldives without Prince George has further fueled speculations that the Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with twins, and that the vacation was a much-needed break for the pregnant Middleton.
The couple reached Ibrahim Nasir International Airport on 7 March, according to E!News, and they have rented out the five-star Cheval Blanc Randheli resort on the Noonu Atoll, on the northwest of the Maldives archipelago. Multiple reports have it that Middleton came to the island for some alone time with Prince William, away from royal duties.
Meanwhile, leaving Prince George behind has resulted in the royal couple being at the end of a social media backlash. A number of royal family well-wishers took to their social networking sites to note that it was not right on Middleton and William’s part to leave their seven-month-old son behind.
"Seriously? Think this might turn public opinion against them . . . seems its just one long holiday for the D and D of Cambridge," one mother, who goes by the blog name louloutheshames, posted on Mumsnet, according to the Daily Mail.
"These two really p*** me off," another wrote.
The couple also had some support from parents who noted that there was nothing wrong in leaving Prince George in safe hands.
“If the baby is in good hands, why not?” a mother of two noted, according to Daily Mail. “He is first [grandson] for doting GPs [grandparents] and probably has a very competent nanny.
“If I could afford a holiday every few weeks without the baby, I’d take them too.”
Middleton's mother Carole is currently looking after the baby while his parents are away, multiple reports noted.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date