Amitabh Bachchan is 'Youngest' and 'Coolest', Says Honey Singh
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 12, 2014 11:35 PM EST
Rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh is clearly excited, having worked with the megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
Singh teamed up with Bachchan to shoot a promotional video for the latter's upcoming film "Bhootnath Returns" recently, and could not stop raving about the experience.
Amitabh Bachchan at the trailer launch of 'Bhoothnath Returns'
"It's like being in a room filled with kinetic energy. Shooting with the Big B made me feel so old and inadequate. Not for a minute does he remind you of who he is. In fact I felt I was with someone much younger than me," stated an ecstatic Singh to Bollywood Hungama.
"Bachchan Saab was the coolest and youngest one on our crew. Every time he came on the sets the energy level went up by many notches. When he left we actually felt the energy level drop. He has the energy level of a 22-year old," Singh added.
This is the first time that Singh is working with Bachchan. And to the shock of many, the rapper, in a first, has imposed self-censorship to his lyrics which were otherwise considered quite raunchy and vulgar.
"I had to be very careful. It is okay to use casual trendy words for the younger stars. But the Big B is a mahaanayak, a star of stars. The lyrics couldn't be even remotely irreverent. It isn't as if we decided to be prim and proper in the song. There is a great deal of masti in our number. Bachchan Saab likes to have fun with the young. But I had to exercise self-censorship for the first time because this was for Bachchan Saab, and it was going to be incorporated into a film targeted at children," pointed out the "Blue Eyes" singer.
While Singh may be in high spirits praising Bachchan's perked up nature, the "Paa" actor has been facing severe health issues recently, which have confined him to bed.
On Monday, the star posted on his Facebook page: "The CT scan went well and clear...but the pain continues...medications given, and advised bed rest...tough in circumstances where there are dead lines to keep..."
Later Bachchan took to Twitter as he wrote: "There is little one can do when confined to bed ...hating it...!! But commitments will have to be kept."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia