Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Remains Strong; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Falls
By Ankita Mehta | March 12, 2014 11:26 PM EST
The women oriented film "Queen" had a strong fifth day at the domestic box office, while the other two films "Gulaab Gang" and "Total Siyapaa" had declined.
After having a dull start, Kangana Ranaut-Rajkumar Rao starrer "Queen" picked up its speed at the box office. The business of the film had seen major improvements during the weekends.
Generally, the collections decline during weekdays starting with Monday. During weekdays, the earnings of the film show improvement only when there is some holiday in the country.
But in contrary to that, Ranaut's film has performed slightly better on Tuesday compared to Monday. On Monday, the film raked in ₹2.05 crore and on Tuesday it minted ₹2.10 crore, taking its overall score to ₹14.15 crore.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.10 cr. Total: ₹ 14.15 cr nett. India biz only. Tue better than Fri & Mon," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film is ruling the box office market due to positive word of mouth and Ranaut's performance. The film is expected to show upward trend in its collection in the coming days.
The low budget film was released in only 1100 screens compared to "Total Siyapaa" which was released in 1600 screens.
Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Juhi Chawla starrer "Gulaab Gang" which is also a women oriented film had seen a decline in its collection on the fifth day. The film failed to attract audiences unlike "Queen".
"Total Siyapaa" which had the highest screen count among the three films released on Friday has the lowest collection.
The romantic comedy starring Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam had poor opening weekend and it continued to remain on the lower side during weekdays. The film, which has now joined the list with flop films, raked in approximately ₹40 lakh on the fifth day.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs. Total: ₹ 4.57 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh tweeted.
The film has failed to woo the viewers in Indian markets and if it continues to perform at this speed, then it will be soon out of the theaters
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS