Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Remains Strong; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Falls
By Ankita Mehta | March 12, 2014 11:26 PM EST
The women oriented film "Queen" had a strong fifth day at the domestic box office, while the other two films "Gulaab Gang" and "Total Siyapaa" had declined.
After having a dull start, Kangana Ranaut-Rajkumar Rao starrer "Queen" picked up its speed at the box office. The business of the film had seen major improvements during the weekends.
Generally, the collections decline during weekdays starting with Monday. During weekdays, the earnings of the film show improvement only when there is some holiday in the country.
But in contrary to that, Ranaut's film has performed slightly better on Tuesday compared to Monday. On Monday, the film raked in ₹2.05 crore and on Tuesday it minted ₹2.10 crore, taking its overall score to ₹14.15 crore.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.10 cr. Total: ₹ 14.15 cr nett. India biz only. Tue better than Fri & Mon," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film is ruling the box office market due to positive word of mouth and Ranaut's performance. The film is expected to show upward trend in its collection in the coming days.
The low budget film was released in only 1100 screens compared to "Total Siyapaa" which was released in 1600 screens.
Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Juhi Chawla starrer "Gulaab Gang" which is also a women oriented film had seen a decline in its collection on the fifth day. The film failed to attract audiences unlike "Queen".
"Total Siyapaa" which had the highest screen count among the three films released on Friday has the lowest collection.
The romantic comedy starring Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam had poor opening weekend and it continued to remain on the lower side during weekdays. The film, which has now joined the list with flop films, raked in approximately ₹40 lakh on the fifth day.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs. Total: ₹ 4.57 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh tweeted.
The film has failed to woo the viewers in Indian markets and if it continues to perform at this speed, then it will be soon out of the theaters
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown