Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Remains Strong; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Falls
By Ankita Mehta | March 12, 2014 11:26 PM EST
The women oriented film "Queen" had a strong fifth day at the domestic box office, while the other two films "Gulaab Gang" and "Total Siyapaa" had declined.
After having a dull start, Kangana Ranaut-Rajkumar Rao starrer "Queen" picked up its speed at the box office. The business of the film had seen major improvements during the weekends.
Generally, the collections decline during weekdays starting with Monday. During weekdays, the earnings of the film show improvement only when there is some holiday in the country.
But in contrary to that, Ranaut's film has performed slightly better on Tuesday compared to Monday. On Monday, the film raked in ₹2.05 crore and on Tuesday it minted ₹2.10 crore, taking its overall score to ₹14.15 crore.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.10 cr. Total: ₹ 14.15 cr nett. India biz only. Tue better than Fri & Mon," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film is ruling the box office market due to positive word of mouth and Ranaut's performance. The film is expected to show upward trend in its collection in the coming days.
The low budget film was released in only 1100 screens compared to "Total Siyapaa" which was released in 1600 screens.
Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Juhi Chawla starrer "Gulaab Gang" which is also a women oriented film had seen a decline in its collection on the fifth day. The film failed to attract audiences unlike "Queen".
"Total Siyapaa" which had the highest screen count among the three films released on Friday has the lowest collection.
The romantic comedy starring Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam had poor opening weekend and it continued to remain on the lower side during weekdays. The film, which has now joined the list with flop films, raked in approximately ₹40 lakh on the fifth day.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs. Total: ₹ 4.57 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh tweeted.
The film has failed to woo the viewers in Indian markets and if it continues to perform at this speed, then it will be soon out of the theaters
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build