Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Remains Strong; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Falls
By Ankita Mehta | March 12, 2014 11:26 PM EST
The women oriented film "Queen" had a strong fifth day at the domestic box office, while the other two films "Gulaab Gang" and "Total Siyapaa" had declined.
After having a dull start, Kangana Ranaut-Rajkumar Rao starrer "Queen" picked up its speed at the box office. The business of the film had seen major improvements during the weekends.
Generally, the collections decline during weekdays starting with Monday. During weekdays, the earnings of the film show improvement only when there is some holiday in the country.
But in contrary to that, Ranaut's film has performed slightly better on Tuesday compared to Monday. On Monday, the film raked in ₹2.05 crore and on Tuesday it minted ₹2.10 crore, taking its overall score to ₹14.15 crore.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.10 cr. Total: ₹ 14.15 cr nett. India biz only. Tue better than Fri & Mon," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film is ruling the box office market due to positive word of mouth and Ranaut's performance. The film is expected to show upward trend in its collection in the coming days.
The low budget film was released in only 1100 screens compared to "Total Siyapaa" which was released in 1600 screens.
Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Juhi Chawla starrer "Gulaab Gang" which is also a women oriented film had seen a decline in its collection on the fifth day. The film failed to attract audiences unlike "Queen".
"Total Siyapaa" which had the highest screen count among the three films released on Friday has the lowest collection.
The romantic comedy starring Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam had poor opening weekend and it continued to remain on the lower side during weekdays. The film, which has now joined the list with flop films, raked in approximately ₹40 lakh on the fifth day.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs. Total: ₹ 4.57 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh tweeted.
The film has failed to woo the viewers in Indian markets and if it continues to perform at this speed, then it will be soon out of the theaters
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar