Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Remains Strong; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Falls
By Ankita Mehta | March 12, 2014 11:26 PM EST
The women oriented film "Queen" had a strong fifth day at the domestic box office, while the other two films "Gulaab Gang" and "Total Siyapaa" had declined.
After having a dull start, Kangana Ranaut-Rajkumar Rao starrer "Queen" picked up its speed at the box office. The business of the film had seen major improvements during the weekends.
Generally, the collections decline during weekdays starting with Monday. During weekdays, the earnings of the film show improvement only when there is some holiday in the country.
But in contrary to that, Ranaut's film has performed slightly better on Tuesday compared to Monday. On Monday, the film raked in ₹2.05 crore and on Tuesday it minted ₹2.10 crore, taking its overall score to ₹14.15 crore.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.10 cr. Total: ₹ 14.15 cr nett. India biz only. Tue better than Fri & Mon," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film is ruling the box office market due to positive word of mouth and Ranaut's performance. The film is expected to show upward trend in its collection in the coming days.
The low budget film was released in only 1100 screens compared to "Total Siyapaa" which was released in 1600 screens.
Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Juhi Chawla starrer "Gulaab Gang" which is also a women oriented film had seen a decline in its collection on the fifth day. The film failed to attract audiences unlike "Queen".
"Total Siyapaa" which had the highest screen count among the three films released on Friday has the lowest collection.
The romantic comedy starring Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam had poor opening weekend and it continued to remain on the lower side during weekdays. The film, which has now joined the list with flop films, raked in approximately ₹40 lakh on the fifth day.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs. Total: ₹ 4.57 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh tweeted.
The film has failed to woo the viewers in Indian markets and if it continues to perform at this speed, then it will be soon out of the theaters
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date