Kollywood: Vijay-Murugadoss's Film First Look for Tamil New Year? Ajith's Look in Gautham Project, Other News
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 12, 2014 10:54 PM EST
From Vijay-Murugadoss film's first look to "Uthama Villain" update, check out the latest headline grabbing entertainment stories from the Kollywood industry.
Screenshot from "Thalaiva
Vijay ( Screenshot from "Thalaivaa" official trailer/ YouTube)
Vijay-Murugadoss Film First Look Poster [Also Read: Vijay-Murugadoss's Film Title Revealed]
Here is some exciting news for Vijay fans!
The first look poster of the film is expected to be out on Tamil New Year Day (14 April). However, there is no official confirmation on the same.
Directed by AR Murugadoss, the untitled flick will reportedly have Vijay appearing in dual roles. The film also has Samantha, Bengali actor Tota Roy and Sathish of "Ethir Neechal" fame in pivotal roles.
The shooting of the film is progressing at a brisk pace and is expected to be completed in another few months.
The Vijay starrer is scheduled to release for Diwali.
Ajith to Retain Salt and Pepper Look in Gautham Film
There was a lot of buzz surrounding Ajith's look in Gautham Menon's film.
Speculations were rife that the actor would not sport his salt and pepper look in the film. But, now the buzz is that Ajith is keen on retaining his famous look.
"Of late, Ajith has decided to take up roles that suit his age. He knows that he cannot play a college student anymore. Also, he thinks that the salt and pepper is not a look for a film, but one that reflects his real self," a source close to the actor told Times of India.
Ajith is working hard at the gym to get a slim and toned look. There were rumours that the actor would sport either a six pack or eight pack abs in the film.
It appears that Thala will be shedding a few kilos to suit his role in the Gautham Menon directorial, but he will not sport a six-pack or an eight-pack.
Jayaram in Kamal Haasan's "Uthama Villain"
Malayalam actor Jayaram, who has starred in Kamal's "Thenali" and "Panchathanthiram," will be sharing screen space with the star once again in "Uthama Villain."
Jayaram confirmed the news on his Facebook page with a message saying, "Guess what? I'll b doing an important part in Ulaka Nayakan Kamal Haasan's #UthamaVillain. Here is a snap from the shoot. #Excited."
Besides Jayaram, comedian Vivek, "Mariyaan" actress Parvathy Menon, director and Kamal's mentor Balachander are reportedly appearing in important roles in the film.
"Uthama Villain" shooting, which kicked off last month, is progressing at a fast pace. The film is expected to get released this year.
"Kochadaiiyaan" Trailer crosses 1 Million Views
The trailer of superstar Rajinikanth's upcoming film "Kochadaiiyaan" has crossed the 1 million mark in less than two days.
The official video, uploaded on YouTube, is fast approaching the 20-lakh mark.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is touted to be India's first performance capture, photorealistic film.
Gautham Menon in Trouble
The Kotturpuram branch of Indian Bank has issued notice to auction a property belonging to director-producer Gautham Menon.
The bank has invited tenders to auction the property and the tender value has been quoted as ₹12.26 crore. The bidder, who wins the auction, is expected to put up ₹50 lakh as a deposit for the 7,091 sqft property.
Gautham owes ₹60 lakh to the bank and the actor has reportedly paid six installments. "He has paid six installments and will not allow auction of the property," a source told Times of India.
Sivakarthikeyan-Paravai Muniyamma Dance in "Maan Karate"
Actor Sivakarthikeyan has danced with Paravai Muniyamma for a song in his upcoming film "Maan Karate."
The song titled "Royapuram Peter" is said to be the hero introduction song. The track, composed by Anirudh, has been rendered by Sivakarthikeyan and Paravai Muniyamma.
The film's audio launch is all set to take place on 16 March.
Directed by Thirukumaran, "Maan Karate" has Hansika playing the female lead for Sivakarthikeyan.
Goundamani vs Vadivelu Clash?
Veteran comedian Goundamani is making a comeback with his upcoming film "490." The film is gearing up for a release in April.
On the other hand, Vadivelu's "Jagajala Pujabala Thenali Raman" is also expected to hit the screens in April.
Buzz is that both the comedy entertainers might arrive in theatres on the same day. However, there is no official confirmation on the same.
If the buzz turns out true, it will be a double delight for the fans of these two talented actors.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features