Kollywood: Vijay-Murugadoss's Film First Look for Tamil New Year? Ajith's Look in Gautham Project, Other News
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 12, 2014 10:54 PM EST
From Vijay-Murugadoss film's first look to "Uthama Villain" update, check out the latest headline grabbing entertainment stories from the Kollywood industry.
Screenshot from "Thalaiva
Vijay ( Screenshot from "Thalaivaa" official trailer/ YouTube)
Vijay-Murugadoss Film First Look Poster [Also Read: Vijay-Murugadoss's Film Title Revealed]
Here is some exciting news for Vijay fans!
The first look poster of the film is expected to be out on Tamil New Year Day (14 April). However, there is no official confirmation on the same.
Directed by AR Murugadoss, the untitled flick will reportedly have Vijay appearing in dual roles. The film also has Samantha, Bengali actor Tota Roy and Sathish of "Ethir Neechal" fame in pivotal roles.
The shooting of the film is progressing at a brisk pace and is expected to be completed in another few months.
The Vijay starrer is scheduled to release for Diwali.
Ajith to Retain Salt and Pepper Look in Gautham Film
There was a lot of buzz surrounding Ajith's look in Gautham Menon's film.
Speculations were rife that the actor would not sport his salt and pepper look in the film. But, now the buzz is that Ajith is keen on retaining his famous look.
"Of late, Ajith has decided to take up roles that suit his age. He knows that he cannot play a college student anymore. Also, he thinks that the salt and pepper is not a look for a film, but one that reflects his real self," a source close to the actor told Times of India.
Ajith is working hard at the gym to get a slim and toned look. There were rumours that the actor would sport either a six pack or eight pack abs in the film.
It appears that Thala will be shedding a few kilos to suit his role in the Gautham Menon directorial, but he will not sport a six-pack or an eight-pack.
Jayaram in Kamal Haasan's "Uthama Villain"
Malayalam actor Jayaram, who has starred in Kamal's "Thenali" and "Panchathanthiram," will be sharing screen space with the star once again in "Uthama Villain."
Jayaram confirmed the news on his Facebook page with a message saying, "Guess what? I'll b doing an important part in Ulaka Nayakan Kamal Haasan's #UthamaVillain. Here is a snap from the shoot. #Excited."
Besides Jayaram, comedian Vivek, "Mariyaan" actress Parvathy Menon, director and Kamal's mentor Balachander are reportedly appearing in important roles in the film.
"Uthama Villain" shooting, which kicked off last month, is progressing at a fast pace. The film is expected to get released this year.
"Kochadaiiyaan" Trailer crosses 1 Million Views
The trailer of superstar Rajinikanth's upcoming film "Kochadaiiyaan" has crossed the 1 million mark in less than two days.
The official video, uploaded on YouTube, is fast approaching the 20-lakh mark.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is touted to be India's first performance capture, photorealistic film.
Gautham Menon in Trouble
The Kotturpuram branch of Indian Bank has issued notice to auction a property belonging to director-producer Gautham Menon.
The bank has invited tenders to auction the property and the tender value has been quoted as ₹12.26 crore. The bidder, who wins the auction, is expected to put up ₹50 lakh as a deposit for the 7,091 sqft property.
Gautham owes ₹60 lakh to the bank and the actor has reportedly paid six installments. "He has paid six installments and will not allow auction of the property," a source told Times of India.
Sivakarthikeyan-Paravai Muniyamma Dance in "Maan Karate"
Actor Sivakarthikeyan has danced with Paravai Muniyamma for a song in his upcoming film "Maan Karate."
The song titled "Royapuram Peter" is said to be the hero introduction song. The track, composed by Anirudh, has been rendered by Sivakarthikeyan and Paravai Muniyamma.
The film's audio launch is all set to take place on 16 March.
Directed by Thirukumaran, "Maan Karate" has Hansika playing the female lead for Sivakarthikeyan.
Goundamani vs Vadivelu Clash?
Veteran comedian Goundamani is making a comeback with his upcoming film "490." The film is gearing up for a release in April.
On the other hand, Vadivelu's "Jagajala Pujabala Thenali Raman" is also expected to hit the screens in April.
Buzz is that both the comedy entertainers might arrive in theatres on the same day. However, there is no official confirmation on the same.
If the buzz turns out true, it will be a double delight for the fans of these two talented actors.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia