‘Ranavikrama’ First Look: Puneeth Rajkumar in Double Role
By Sahaja K R | March 12, 2014 10:29 PM EST
Kannada actor Puneeth Rajkumar who was last seen in the movie "Ninnindale," is geared up to act in double role for his upcoming movie titled "Ranavikrama". Puneeth released the first look of this film on his Twitter account (@PuneethRajkumar) on Wednesday, 12 March 2014.
Kannada actor Puneeth Rajkumar in "Ranavikrama" First Look
"Ranavikrama" which will be directed by Pavan Wodeyar is set to go on floors from 15 March 2014. It is said that Puneeth's double role will be placed in two different eras - present and flashback, according to Times of India.
The film will be produced by Jayanna and Bhogendra. Word is out that "Ranavikrama" will be launched in a big way, unlike other movies launched by the duo. "I believe that the muharat (launch) should be either very big or very simple. All these years, I preferred the latter even when I made a film with Puneeth earlier. This time, it will be a grand affair and will be held at the Kanteerava Studio," told Jayanna to TOI.
"Ranavikrama" will feature two heroines, but the makers have only announced Parvati Menon as one of them. The other actress for the film will be announced by the end of this week. The negative role in the movie will be played by Bollywood actor Vidyut Jamwal who has also acted in a few Tamil and Telugu films in the past. 33-year-old Jamwal was appreciated for his performance as a villain in the Tamil movie "Thuppakki."
A few other important roles in the movie will be played by actors Sadhu Kokila, Ravishankar and Rangayana Raghu. The shooting locations for "Ranavikrama" are said to be Bangalore, Kadapa and Hampi. The music for for the movie will be composed by V Harikrishna and the cinematography will be handled by S Vaidi.
Puneeth, who did not have any film releases in 2013, has quite a few movies lined up this year. His "Ninnindale" was released in January and is now looking forward to the upcoming movies "Mythri", "Rajakumara", "Ranavikrama" and "Dodmane Huduga."
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People