Datsun Go Deliveries to Begin from 15 March; Launch, Price Details
By greeshma m | March 12, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Datsun Go Hatchback Bookings Open In India
The Datsun Go, the budget small car offering of the Nissan's Dastsun brand is expected to make its official debut in India by March. A new report of CarDekho, citing sources close to the development claims that the Go hatchback India launch will take place on 18 March and the company will start the delivery of the vehicle in the domestic market three days before the launch (15 March).
Nissan Datsun Go will take on the likes of India's best selling cars like Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Alto K10 and the Hyundai Eon and is expected to fall in the sub ₹4 lakh price range. Although the exact price details of the car is yet to be made public by the company, the Facebook handle of Datsun India said to have revealed the price of the car accidently. However, the company removed the post from the social networking site immediately, reported Rushlane.
Go hatchback will come with 1.2-litre petrol engine under the hood which can churn out a power of 74bhp and a torque of 104Nm. It is mated to five-speed manual transmission and the car is based on the Nissan's Micra platform and claims to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.6 kmpl. It measures 3,785 mm in length, 1,635 mm in width, 1,485 mm of height and sit on a wheelbase of 2,450 mm. The car will hit the market in white, silver, red and blue colour variants. Nissan has started accepting the pre-orders for its budget hatchback, Datsun Go in India with an advance payment of ₹11,000.
Nissan, which has been operating in India through their country partner Hover Automotive, will now market its brand in India on its own. Currently the auto maker has 117 dealerships across India and is eying to increase it to 350 in the next three years.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports