Datsun Go Deliveries to Begin from 15 March; Launch, Price Details
By greeshma m | March 12, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Datsun Go Hatchback Bookings Open In India
The Datsun Go, the budget small car offering of the Nissan's Dastsun brand is expected to make its official debut in India by March. A new report of CarDekho, citing sources close to the development claims that the Go hatchback India launch will take place on 18 March and the company will start the delivery of the vehicle in the domestic market three days before the launch (15 March).
Nissan Datsun Go will take on the likes of India's best selling cars like Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Alto K10 and the Hyundai Eon and is expected to fall in the sub ₹4 lakh price range. Although the exact price details of the car is yet to be made public by the company, the Facebook handle of Datsun India said to have revealed the price of the car accidently. However, the company removed the post from the social networking site immediately, reported Rushlane.
Go hatchback will come with 1.2-litre petrol engine under the hood which can churn out a power of 74bhp and a torque of 104Nm. It is mated to five-speed manual transmission and the car is based on the Nissan's Micra platform and claims to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.6 kmpl. It measures 3,785 mm in length, 1,635 mm in width, 1,485 mm of height and sit on a wheelbase of 2,450 mm. The car will hit the market in white, silver, red and blue colour variants. Nissan has started accepting the pre-orders for its budget hatchback, Datsun Go in India with an advance payment of ₹11,000.
Nissan, which has been operating in India through their country partner Hover Automotive, will now market its brand in India on its own. Currently the auto maker has 117 dealerships across India and is eying to increase it to 350 in the next three years.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand