Datsun Go Deliveries to Begin from 15 March; Launch, Price Details
By greeshma m | March 12, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Datsun Go Hatchback Bookings Open In India
The Datsun Go, the budget small car offering of the Nissan's Dastsun brand is expected to make its official debut in India by March. A new report of CarDekho, citing sources close to the development claims that the Go hatchback India launch will take place on 18 March and the company will start the delivery of the vehicle in the domestic market three days before the launch (15 March).
Nissan Datsun Go will take on the likes of India's best selling cars like Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Alto K10 and the Hyundai Eon and is expected to fall in the sub ₹4 lakh price range. Although the exact price details of the car is yet to be made public by the company, the Facebook handle of Datsun India said to have revealed the price of the car accidently. However, the company removed the post from the social networking site immediately, reported Rushlane.
Go hatchback will come with 1.2-litre petrol engine under the hood which can churn out a power of 74bhp and a torque of 104Nm. It is mated to five-speed manual transmission and the car is based on the Nissan's Micra platform and claims to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.6 kmpl. It measures 3,785 mm in length, 1,635 mm in width, 1,485 mm of height and sit on a wheelbase of 2,450 mm. The car will hit the market in white, silver, red and blue colour variants. Nissan has started accepting the pre-orders for its budget hatchback, Datsun Go in India with an advance payment of ₹11,000.
Nissan, which has been operating in India through their country partner Hover Automotive, will now market its brand in India on its own. Currently the auto maker has 117 dealerships across India and is eying to increase it to 350 in the next three years.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Pizza Hut Australia Sorry for Victoria Branch’s ‘Free Small Animal’ Campaign
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet