NBA Preview: Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | March 12, 2014 9:34 PM EST
Surprise, surprise the Brooklyn Nets are the best team in the Eastern Conference in 2014 going 22-9 since the turn of the year. Even a better shocker is the fact that these same Nets have blanked the defending champions Miami Heat so far this season with two wins in two meetings.
NBA: Atlanta Hawks at Miami Heat
Brooklyn and Miami meet for the third time this season on Wednesday night at the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, Florida.
The Nets have actually struggled in February but have recovered nicely in March. They are 5-1 in six games played this month including convincing wins over teams which are in the playoff picture.
Brooklyn beat the Chicago Bulls, 96-80 on March 3; Memphis Grizzlies, 103-94 on March 7; and the Toronto Raptors last Monday. The only loss this month came against the lowly Boston Celtics, 91-84.
Meanwhile, Miami is also on the road back to recovery after a nice win at home over the Washington Wizards, 99-90. This was after matching their longest losing streak of the season with defeats at the hands of the Houston Rockets, 106-103; San Antonio Spurs, 111-87; and the Chicago Bulls, 95-88 (OT) in their previous three.
In their first meeting of the year way back in November, the Nets eked out a 101-100 win over the Heat behind 19 points apiece from veterans Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson.
In their second meeting on January 10, Brooklyn delivered a more convincing win to the tune of 104-95 still at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Johnson and Pierce towed the Nets to the upset win once again with 32 points and 23 points, respectively.
In both games the Nets have outrebounded the Heat by a combined 20 rebounds. Miami ranks dead last in rebounding average in the NBA with 36.8 rebounds per game.
Can the Heat finally win one against the Nets? Watch the Brooklyn-Miami match-up with NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon