NBA Preview: Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | March 12, 2014 9:34 PM EST
Surprise, surprise the Brooklyn Nets are the best team in the Eastern Conference in 2014 going 22-9 since the turn of the year. Even a better shocker is the fact that these same Nets have blanked the defending champions Miami Heat so far this season with two wins in two meetings.
NBA: Atlanta Hawks at Miami Heat
Brooklyn and Miami meet for the third time this season on Wednesday night at the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, Florida.
The Nets have actually struggled in February but have recovered nicely in March. They are 5-1 in six games played this month including convincing wins over teams which are in the playoff picture.
Brooklyn beat the Chicago Bulls, 96-80 on March 3; Memphis Grizzlies, 103-94 on March 7; and the Toronto Raptors last Monday. The only loss this month came against the lowly Boston Celtics, 91-84.
Meanwhile, Miami is also on the road back to recovery after a nice win at home over the Washington Wizards, 99-90. This was after matching their longest losing streak of the season with defeats at the hands of the Houston Rockets, 106-103; San Antonio Spurs, 111-87; and the Chicago Bulls, 95-88 (OT) in their previous three.
In their first meeting of the year way back in November, the Nets eked out a 101-100 win over the Heat behind 19 points apiece from veterans Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson.
In their second meeting on January 10, Brooklyn delivered a more convincing win to the tune of 104-95 still at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Johnson and Pierce towed the Nets to the upset win once again with 32 points and 23 points, respectively.
In both games the Nets have outrebounded the Heat by a combined 20 rebounds. Miami ranks dead last in rebounding average in the NBA with 36.8 rebounds per game.
Can the Heat finally win one against the Nets? Watch the Brooklyn-Miami match-up with NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories